• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup SnipersHide Cup 09 Update

SFC Carpentier jr

Minuteman
May 14, 2002
Corpus Christi TX
www.angelfire.com
OK everyone its ON. Today ended day ONE of the SnipersHide Cup. There are a total of 60 shooters in the match,of course from all over the country and also from overseas. Today was very WINDY. We shot quite a few events today and tomorrow I am told will be a long day.

Also to my BRO KD from Teamblaster. Here is the update.

SHC50.JPG

SHC51.JPG

SHC52.JPG

SHC53.JPG

SHC54.JPG

Re: SnipersHide Cup 09 Update

Big Boy Wind today, still the competitors stepped up to the plate, 18 people hit the 1000 yard target, including the first round fired in the match. (Jacob Gottfredson), in total there were 4 first round hits at 1000 yards in plus 20MPH wind.

A few more images of the day:
shc09d1-1.jpg

The BOLTRIPPER-sans brass
shc09d1-2.jpg

Stan & Terry
shc09d1-3.jpg

Wind in your hair
shc09d1-4.jpg

Team Blaster checks the wind
shc09d1-5.jpg

Mike

Gentlemen,

Looks like it is going to be a good one.

Enjoy yourselves, be safe and keep the reports & photos coming for those who could not bloody make it!

TTFN English

PS - when's the Bash?

OH, as an FYI for those interested, today I saw a shooter hit 5 12" plates at 600 yards in this wind in 9 SECONDS... all five plates hit before I could even get the words IMPACT out of my mouth.

One thing we noted, he has a perfect hand position and trigger squeeze.

RO has humbled me for sure.... I'm gonna try my best to get my shit together tomorrow. Put a lot of goose eggs on the board today...
frown.gif

It's been fun though, lot of good people here.

Today was a LONG day. I just got back to the motel and I promise Frank and a few other people to post something to night. Today we shot quite a few events and also we did a night event that was worth a LOT of points. Some one in our group cleaned the event. We also shot from a helicopter. Tomorrow is the last day. Stay tune.

Shc60.JPG

Shc61.JPG

Shc62.JPG

Shc63.JPG

Shc64.JPG

You guys didn't hold Boltripper down and shave his face! That thing is getting out of control!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the wind......... </div></div>

I'm sure that thing helps protect your sensitive skin. Shoot well today my friend!

Can I ask: Do the rules permit a competitior to change rifles during the match? If so, under what circumstances?

Graham, I thought I read it somewhere, took me a minute to find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamer Girl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Important Info for 2009 Sniper&#146;s Hide Cup
Remember you have to shoot the same rifle through the whole
competitio, no switching out. The same goes for pistol. Also, no scoped pistols or reflex sites.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the wind......... </div></div>I'm suprised that little Robinson was flying in 40mph winds.

Well the SnipersHide Cup 09 is in the books. What a match. A big THANK YOU goes out to Frank, Jacob, Lindy, Wynn, the two Lisa's and the rest of the RO staff. They kept everything moving and made sure everyone was safe.

THANK YOU to all the sponsors that put up product for the prize table. As Jacob and Frank said make sure and drop everyone a note and let them know we appreciate all there support. Every shooter that shot the match left there with something.

As for the winners, good shooting guys.
1st Terry Cross
2nd John Summers
3rd Tim Long

It was GREAT to see old friends, GA George, Flounder, Moon, Boltripper, Stan Owens, Jeff Badley, Todd AC, Capt Kickass, Hutch, Terry Cross, Tony Burke and many others. I also made some new friends. It is always a pleasure to go to RiflesOnly to shoot and just hang out with some GREAT people.

Also to Tony and KD (TeamBlaster) It was a pleasure spending time with you guys. I shot two matches with 2/3 of TeamBlaster and all I can say is it was a BLAST.

Shc70.JPG

Shc71.JPG

Shc72.JPG

Shc73.JPG

Shc74.JPG

Shc75.JPG

Outstanding match and train up, had a ball. Well run and great prize table. Had a chance to visit with the regulars and meet several new guys. Thanks to all of the sponsors and Jacob, Lisa, Frank, Lindy, Lisa, and all of the RO's.

The Cup is an absolute blast!

I can't think of one venue that will challenge you as a shooter in such a vast variety, and that statement cannot be limited to any one example.

You will experience extreme weather shifts, timed drills that you say "that's ridiculous, nobody can do that in 6 seconds!", run and gun heart pumping excitement followed by a "get calm, have to make this shot count, oh shit, I'm running out of time!" shot...

This is of course, coming from the eyes of a relatively new shooter... I felt WAYYYYYYY out of my comfort zone the first day, but left feeling like I had turned the page and started a new chapter in my evolution as a shooter...

The people there were of the highest caliber, I saw high dollar scopes, ammo, gear, etc being swapped and loaned to keep people shooting that ran into problems. I saw competitors calling shots for guys on the line next to them that were struggling to get on target. Everyone there was quick to lend a hand to another shooter to make sure they got the most out of their experience. Folks there were super friendly and cordial, and made the new guy feel welcomed.

The facility was TOP NOTCH! I can't wait to go back! I encourage everyone to go, shit, the prize table alone will more than likely send you away with some cool stuff worth more than your fee!

Just wait till you guys that didn't make it see the prize table list, it was INSANE!

Diatribe over....

Summed up, had a great time, expect to see me annually....

Jason

What a weekend! It was good to see old friends and make some new ones. A BIG thanks to the RO's and staff for keeping the match safeand rolling. You guys rock. This was my first ever match and it was an absolute blast.

I want to especially thank ERDOC for being a stand up mofo and helping me out and to Jim for the fantastic a.m. chow.

Jacob and Lisa, love you guys!!!!!

I'm headed home tomorrow to nurse my sand burr wounds and sunburn.

All hail the bunkhouse crew!!!

the hide cup was awesome, for my first tac. match, thanks for all the help, tony, clack, frank.

cya
Anthony B

Then you probably got it at your house. I don't think RO ticks would bite you

Two Brain farts, for which Jacob B did not send me packing. Needed 18.75 for the 800 and put in 8.75. JB was not too happy when the shot went just over his cows backs. Then shot after the buzzer. Could not get the good squeeze to stop. Ooops.

I wanted to tell you all that the CorBon match article will be coming out soon in Precision Shooting magazine. I will let you know which issue. It took me forever to find a rag to take the article. It pissed me off because I think it was one of the most interesting matches we've had.

Since no magazines will take match articles and results anymore, at least not for a year or so, I will do them about just the guns. I took a lot of pictures of what was on the line. If I can get email addresses, I would like to ask some questions. For the most part, however, I know the guns, the scopes, stocks, etc. pretty well.

I thought the match was put on very well and very professionally. Jacob, Frank, Lisa(s) and the RO's have it down. Pete said everyone got something from the sponsors tables. He was wrong. I beat a path home for a shower and some bed time before they were put out. But then I don't need any kit and never take any. I can't carry all the stuff I have now. To shoot all day in 40 mph winds and 92 degree weather wore my sorry ass to the bone. Wait until you start down the short rode to 70. But then Bill Fowler seemed unaffected and shot well. I think he should start smoking my cigarettes. Maybe it will even us out. But then he would have to smoke about 7 million cigs by the next Bash just to begin to catch up. All said and done, I had a hellava good time out there. It is right up there with my wife beating me over the head with a 2x4 all night. grin.

I found 2 ticks on me the first day. One was buried pretty good, and now I have a huge welt there. I was asking others the next day if they had any. Tony B said he found two. They all agreed that I was fortunate it was not on my dick. This morning I ... well you guessed it. Now I have a french tickler where it counts. Ouch! The problem with being 69 is that you need all the blood you can possibly muster in certain areas. Pisses me off that that little critter relieved me of some that I desperately need. I wouldn't call him a grave robber, but the next thing to it.

Jacob G.

Thanks to Lisa, Jacob & Frank for having Redneck Sang & I down to the Cup. We had a great time with everyone at the match. I can't wait to go back to RO next year.

Good to see old friends and get to make some new ones. Everyone there were top notch shooters, some of the best in the country in my book.
The wind was a little bad but the dots were worse with Sang's brake blowing my hat and glasses off when he shot. This was a tough match with a lot of small targets to shoot in a small amount of time. The top shooters were on there game and congrads to all. I think I need to shoot more small targets before I go back to the Cup.

Thanks for Frank & Jacob for letting me show off the 338 XTREME and shoot it some. It was cool to see Sam make a 1st rd hit with it at 800yds the first time he ever touched the gun, way to go Sam.

Hope to see everyone next year,

Clark K
TEAM HORUS, SABRE DEFENCE, 338 XTREME & ATI

As a foreign female, I'd like to thank Jacob, Frank and their henchmen (staff and competitors) for an experience that somehow managed to be savagely humbling and unmissably great at the same time,

Thank you for the advice, accessories, equipment tweaks, wind calls, reminders, hydration, information, gallantry, cheeriness, and some daunting examples of what shooting looks like when it's Done Right. It was an honor to be around such a high-caliber group.

The helicopter and the night shooting were the best ever ... Even the movers, the absurdly tiny dots, the gale-force wind, the searing heat, the hellfire mirage and the fatigue were good.* The iced tea was delicious and the jokes weren't bad, either.

I'll be taking back an extra suitcase, a 1000-yard stare (adjustable in mils) and a big empty space labeled USA.

* on second thoughts, not the movers

Hey everyone do not let Gottfredson fool you. He has been there and done that. The man has ALOT of experince and tells some pretty good stories. We were under the tower one time and I saw him do pull ups with now problem at all.

Jacob G, keep on coming back. I know I enjoy your company and so do a few other people.

Pete, you somehow manage to make me feel good despite my broken leg, arthritic hands, and my new groin heat rash after the brutality Jacob and Frank put us through.

On another note:

I was sitting on the pot a minute ago, and a brilliant idea came to me about cleaning a rifle after 3 days in the dust, wind, heat, and grass blowing from the guy next doors muzzle brake. There are a hundred cleaning methods out there, but none like this one.

Most people drive cars from the match, and many of them probably stop for gas along the way. Here is how the cleaning system goes:

1. Carry the gas station's trash can as far away as the hose will reach
2. Place your rifle in the trash can
3. Fill the car with gas
4. Now turn the hose on the rifle in the can
5. Continue dowsing the rifle until all the grease, dust, dirt, sand, and grass are gone
5. Remove the rifle from the trash can and carry it away from the gas pegasus
6. You don't want the interior of the car smelling of gas, so light a match to the rifle until it burns the gas off
7. Put the rifle back in the car and drive away. Works equally well for your pistol.
8. Stop at Dairy Queen and order a large Chocolate Extreme to go with your beer.
9. Smile at all the people who know you're crazy.

and finally,

Number 10. When you get home, do a dick tick check.

Jacob G

lmao at jacob. i really want to go next year and participate in this . i really want to go just to meet you guys that i " See " every day. maybe T Cross will let me camp out in the back of his truck for the ride down. Congrats Terry and to all of you guys. great job and i WILL see you folks at the next one.

Ryan Young

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savvy the Aussie chick with a gun....... </div></div>

Very nice lady, she came all the way from down under, shot the train up, and the match, what a great vacation.

We have to get pics of the S&B that went ka-blewie this weekend!
shocked.gif

Small Dots ????

They were 1/2", an acre in dog years, and you only had to put one bullet in them.
smile.gif

Gee, and here I thought you guys (and gal) were tough LOL

Jacob G. is old enough to remember when we cleaned M14s in garbage cans of boiling water heated by G.I. kerosene immersion heaters which were intended to clean mess kits.

And so am I.

Stick around, Jacob - I don't want to be the oldest guy on the range.
laugh.gif

I had a great time with new faces and old faces. Thanks to all for coming!

Great times...and Great match! This match was a full 3 days of shooting in all kinds of different weather conditions not to mention the endless positions and scenarios Jacob and the guy's threw at us. The words "Tuff" or "Challenging" do not even come close to describing what these guys put us through this year. I have to give a big Kudos to Jacob, Lisa, Frank, Lindy, and Lisa and the rest of the staff, very professionally run match. Thanks to all the sponsors especially POF for the helicopter rides...the prize table was awesome!

It was great seeing all of you guys and meeting some new friends. BTW, I really enjoyed the West Virgina comedy hour on Sat. afternoon.

Congratulations to the Winners, Hell Congratulations to all who participated!,

Chance

Thanks to all the Rifles Only crew for putting on an interesting and challenging match.
Wore me out to the point that I just now feel up to posting a note that can hopefully be understandable.

Tulsa is a long way from South Texas but is well worth the drive every time we get in the van for the 12 hour drive each way.

Also, thanks to all the great people who show up at the match and make the time spent enjoyable to the max. The Tulsa crew has participated in a couple now and it is the enjoyment of seeing and hanging out with the great people that makes us count the match as the best way we could spend 4 or 5 days.

Last but not least, thanks to the sponsors. It is really great to see the sponsor representatives in person as well as the items donated to the prize table.
Gotta send e-mails to let them know they are appreciated.

Time to get to practicing for the Fall Bash.

Bruce G.

The 2nd and 3rd place finishers, both from the Tulsa crew, in my presence credited a substantial part of their success to coaching from Bruce, and from supporting each other. Great teamwork, I'd say.

Sharing skills is very rewarding. Nice work, guys!

Got in this morning around 4 a.m. Slept most of the day and still feel half sprung.

I want to thank Frank, Jacob, the Lisas, Lindy and all of the staff that kept us safe and challenged. Thank you Jacob and Lisa for letting us come to your property and making us feel welcome.

This shoot has the best staff/cadre of any I've seen. This shoot has some of the best facilities of any I've seen. This shoot has some of the best sponsor support of any I've seen. This shoot has some of the best course design I've seen.

However, from a competition / self test standpoint, the biggest draw for me is that this shoot has some of the best shooters in the country coming to it. I can look around the crowd and spot 30 shooters that could win the competition on any given day and another 30 that are maturing into serious threats to do so in the near future. So if I want to get a system check, this place can dish it out.

While I was blessed to make the least mistakes over the last few days, the biggest thing I will always remember is visiting my very cherished friends and making some new friends. We are all so fortunate to have such good people in this community. Liz, it was a pleasure to shoot next to you. Best of luck with your efforts.

Thank you also to all of the generous sponsors that make this event extra special. Your support is very much appreciated. Super special THANK YOU to G.A.Precision for the fine rifle that I was lucky enough to win. The detail and workmanship of the rifle clearly reflect the professional work coming out of your shop.

Everyone please have a safe trip home.

No wind,
Terry

2uzy1ar.jpg

TAB on the night walk with miles RO
2a7z95j.jpg

me on the night walk trying to do it like terry cross
Miles and Wynn RO's
711s78.jpg

Terry Cross showing us how its done, Frank's keeping up
11l2a7n.jpg

Carl Adcock, Miles and Jacob
2j63f3r.jpg

Hutch and Jacob, thanks to PATRIOT
312brro.jpg

Frank's Bird
enk0j.jpg

Blaster with his stash, George has got you beat.
2e2j7sj.jpg

Tony G (Blaster) in the truck after the helo, high speed, low drag
33m6fyh.jpg

Mike launching from the helo, oops I mean the truck

More to come

Now I see why some people were having trouble choosing their prizes. Hmm... the booty on the table, or the booty on the range?

Terry if your too proud to own one of George's finest, feel free to donate. then i can own one from both of the gods. just kidding. that thing needs to go on the wall as bragging rights and a good campfire tale.