• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipex Adjustable Mount

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Hi,
    Any of our International members here have any direct experience with this adjustable mount? I visited the Snipex booth last October during Ukraine Arms expo but did not see this adjustable mount.

Sincerely, Theis

img-banner-planka1.jpg

Reactions: LastShot300
    The only thing holding me back from this or any of the other adjustable mounts is that I just don’t trust that they will lock up solid.

I have no experience with any of them but with the amount of effort we all make to ensure our scope is mounted tight, not moving, aligned properly, etc, I just have zero trust that these will not have at least some play.

Anyone think differently?

The only thing holding me back from this or any of the other adjustable mounts is that I just don’t trust that they will lock up solid.

I have no experience with any of them but with the amount of effort we all make to ensure our scope is mounted tight, not moving, aligned properly, etc, I just have zero trust that these will not have at least some play.

Well when I look at this one, I thought that the further you get from 0 the less sturdy it is. You have a lot of rail behind the fulcrum that could move under recoil.

The Eratac is the one I chose. It only goes up to 70 moa though, but it locks up solid and is very rugged.
    Screenshot_20180815-065043.png

I have an era mount and it's a beast. My only complaint is that it's in moa and not mil.

The snipex looks like a questionable design to me.

The other option is the Ivey Shooting fully adjustable mount. I have one and you can get it in 60 MIL or 200 MOA. Its not cheap but is VERY well made. It comes in 30mm,34mm,35mm and 40mm. I asked and if you request it Steve said he can also do 36mm rings as they never been asked for 36mm rings

Hi,

I have some of the same "concerns" and that is why I asked if any of our International members here have direct experience with this mount because per Snipex themselves there is not a single unit in the USA..not even the US office.

The concern I have in regards to recoil should/could be written off very easy from Snipex....we just need to see them run a super tall target test with the unit mounted on their 14.5mm rifle :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

The mechanism is dependent on a pin in a hole. What "lock up" are you referring to?

The mechanism is dependent on a pin in a hole. What "lock up" are you referring to?

Not sure about the question...when I say "I just don’t trust that they will lock up solid" I am referring to it's ability to not move around with a scope mounted on it. It very important, at least to me, that my scope base has zero movement in it. With a device that has tolerances and moving parts, I am sceptical that there is not at least a small amount of movement.

What fulcrum? A fulcrum is based on a pivot point. Assuming the pin-to-hole fit is fairly tight, once the pin is in the hole there is no pivot point.
    I couldn’t think of any other word to describe what that pin location could be. Might be the wrong adjective but you got my point but the big IF in the thread is if it locks up tight.

If anyone is looking for something that is solid, stays tight and very reliable. This model shown has 0 to 120 moa plus add in another 20 moa for the picatinny rail . It has been used cranking out 190+ grains of powder every round and with no regrets - very tight tolerance and cannot move once locked down.
    Made by Warner Tool Company.

579B1B77-633D-4A30-B46F-8B2A9EF96F28.jpeg
    1F000355-E7C5-4016-888D-FCD7150B9280.jpeg

Not sure about the question...when I say "I just don’t trust that they will lock up solid" I am referring to it's ability to not move around with a scope mounted on it. It very important, at least to me, that my scope base has zero movement in it. With a device that has tolerances and moving parts, I am sceptical that there is not at least a small amount of movement.

Unless you have an integrated Pic rail, you have tolerances in it. [Even an integrated rail has manufacturing and fit tolerances.] Same with your rings. Normal practice is to secure both with a medium thread locker.

There are no, intentionally, "moving parts" in any of the solutions so far discussed. "Adjustable" presupposes that the device is "adjusted" to obtain the desired incline. The alternatives are components with MOA or mil built in - the Pic rail and/or rings. So, at this point, seems you are not a prime candidate for acquiring an adjustable scope mount. That is AOK, just not that focused on the thread topic. [Of course the scope has a range of adjustment, as well as being built with tolerances.]

As far as locking up "tight", it would be informative to know whether either of the pin-in-hole solutions (Snipex and Warner) use tapered pins with threads - used to zero out all tolerance. I spoke with the US rep yesterday and will be doing so again tomorrow (planned) - at which time I will inquire. One shot - how is the Warner pin held in place (retained in the hole)? Thanks.

Theis - the second image is not a VGM, or at least not the same "model". Is the VGM still in production? [Use to be Miracle Machine or something like that who produced them - website long gone.] Actually, looking hard at that second image, hard to say exactly what it is. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi,

Second image was the original VGM design, back when it had 10 "sets". Notice the same company logo here from the second generation brochure.

Edited To Add: As to my knowledge the VGM ceased being made way back with Miracle Machine Works closed.
    MMW_Full_pg(Oct).png

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    ELR researcher

The cross pin slides in when aligning to desired offset it is easy to start but shows no sign of free play when going in or out. I have not had it try to walkout while shooting and I doubt you could lay the rifle on its side and shake it out. There is also a lock mounted on both sides in the rear that are tightened with a Allen wrench as well after your in the desired offset.

I’m not saying that this is the only way to go, but just that I am very pleased with what I have seen so far using this compared to a few options that I have witnessed fail on folks while in the heat of the moment at the KO2M and other events. I seen folks throwing a few options out here on this thread and thought it was worth mentioning.

Also a subject that hasn’t been brought up. In my Cold Bore program I made a main profile of my rifle and bullet used. Then I duplicated it 4 times with new titles [400s-50] the 400s are the bullet weight and the 50 is the mount offset for one example then all I had to do was change the scope height measurement in each of the sub titles to match their offset number - as you raise the offset from 50 to 140 the scope height changes a little. I am always adding the extra 20moa from the picatinny rail in case the numbers seem off 20 for folks reading this. Then all that is left is to fire a few rounds and enter your impact offset or change at 100 yards in the different pin positions sub titles you made and then your set. Now while shooting somewhere and you see the need to add more moa you pull the pin change your position on the scope mount and then click on the profile that matches your new pin position and in seconds you have all the scope settings needed to shoot at a farther target grid.

So enough here back to the VGM

THEIS, I didn’t intend to change the direction in your original question.

Oneshot.onehit
    JH

Reactions: FingerBlaster
    To add to what Jeff said, the fit and alignment of the components keep the pin in place. We have yet to see it drift on its own even after multiple firings and location changes. The lock screws are more for added security, but one could certainly run with out them if need be. Since the precision relies on tolerances and assembly, it is key that the platform it is to be mounted on be correct as well. This is why we have only make these on a limited basis for a limited number of receivers.

Hi,

@oneshot.onehit
    I knew from the beginning that the chances of someone actually having put their hands on the Snipex unit was a very small percentage so the thread really has not changed direction :)
    Every thread should be about getting people to discuss products, solutions and experiences. If we get too tied up in the "it's this way or it's wrong" mentality then we all lose sight of the vast amount of knowledge that can be shared.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

I knew from the beginning that the chances of someone actually having put their hands on the Snipex unit was a very small percentage so the thread really has not changed direction :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

I just got off the phone with Vitale at XATO's US branch - there are no current plans to import the Snipex scope mount into the US.

I just got off the phone with Vitale at XATO's US branch - there are no current plans to import the Snipex scope mount into the US.

Hi,

Yea Snipex would benefit greatly by removing themselves from under the XADO umbrella.....XADO is a chemical company first and foremost. That is and will always be the XADO priority.

BUT BUT BUT what is intriguing with XADO is they are HUGE into nanoceramic compounds and anti-friction materials. Maybe topic for another discussion......maybe the barrel advancement discussion :)

Sincerely,
    Theis