• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniping In The Ukraine

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I thought that I'd begin a discussion on sniping tactics in the Ukraine. Without taking sides it might be noteworthy to study just the tactics that both sides are using; what has worked and not worked as well as lessons learned.

I'm not nor will probably ever be a sniper but have been fascinated with that type of warfighting skill for a long time as it dovetails with my love of long range precisions shooting and hunting.

It would be great to read some comments from former and active duty snipers on what they think about sniping in this conflict.

I'll start it off by posting some articles and videos. Again, we should probably stay focused on the tactics, weaponry and training of both sides without getting political.

I don't mind getting political on it but this would detract from our discussion and learning on the subject at hand.

Betcha the big guy is making some good money from all of this, and favors too

I’d imagine any dirt the bidens had over there got shelled

Also feels like we started this whole war, we ramped Russia up, said all this shit about NATO, all while acting like we had Ukraines back, and then we just stepped back and watched (and no doubt profited).

It’s like the women who start fights between men.

Also funny we are going after random Russians and looting their shit because some 6 degrees of Kevin bacon shit with Putin, however we keep licking china’s fortune cookies

The "Ghost of Ukraine" has 6+ kills

The "Ukrainian reaper" has 20 confirmed kills

The "WOMAN sniper" has 10 confirmed kills

... All in only a weeks time...

It's amazing Ukraine hasn't taken over Russia yet considering every one of their soldiers apparently came right out of MARVEL movie.

Don't forget the Odessa Ass Bandit as well. Motherfucker reportedly rips doors and hatches off tanks and APCs and rapes the crews, possibly to death...

anim_lol.gif
    anim_lol.gif
    anim_lol.gif

Do those funky hats offer any ballistic protection .......

A

Simo Hayha seemed to run irons ok, last time Russia invaded Finland in ‘39. As for trying to hide
    in the cold, against a foe possibly using thermal detection equipment, no thanks....
    Yeah, I was going to say…there are MANY (maybe mostly old school?) people out there who can DUST YOUR ASS, from a REALLY LONG WAY using just irons. To underestimate their equipment is folly.

I thought Russia would have more night vision and thermal capability.

Also weren't they supposed to be equipping their troops with heavy ballistic armor?

Reactions: Longshot231
    I thought Russia would have more night vision and thermal capability.

Also weren't they supposed to be equipping their troops with heavy ballistic armor?
    I'm sure the ukrainians figured out ways to beat the nv and thermo but yes, surprised not more

Reactions: Davo308
    Betcha the big guy is making some good money from all of this, and favors too

I’d imagine any dirt the bidens had over there got shelled

Also feels like we started this whole war, we ramped Russia up, said all this shit about NATO, all while acting like we had Ukraines back, and then we just stepped back and watched (and no doubt profited).

It’s like the women who start fights between men.

Also funny we are going after random Russians and looting their shit because some 6 degrees of Kevin bacon shit with Putin, however we keep licking china’s fortune cookies
    we can be friends.
    Don't forget the Odessa Ass Bandit as well. Motherfucker reportedly rips doors and hatches off tanks and APCs and rapes the crews, possibly to death...

anim_lol.gif
    anim_lol.gif
    anim_lol.gif

this must be the ukrainian version of the etherbunny

I thought that I'd begin a discussion on sniping tactics in the Ukraine. Without taking sides it might be noteworthy to study just the tactics that both sides are using; what has worked and not worked as well as lessons learned.
    I think your intent in starting this thread has merit.
    I also think any reasonable input via video, news reports, etc. is going to be so corrupt with propaganda from both sides and even 3rd party influence that it will render any discussions void of what is really going on.

With the shit being sown through all media platforms, any discussion here will have the same legitimacy as National Inquirer articles displayed next to the grocery store check out.

Not trying to poop on the thread . . . . some of the discussions and arguments yet to be posted here by our esteemed members will still be epic.

Last edited:
    Based on the 7th video here:

I'd say they certainly have thermal on the IFV's that shot up the partisans, direct hits on trees being used as concealment, no divots from random bursts etc.

ETA:
    The footage is graphic, so if don't want to see corpses and pieces of same don't watch it.

When are they going to dig up Woody Guthrie and have him sing this bullshit?

Yup, doesn’t the whole shithole of Russia have less money than the state of Texas?
    less than South Korea, as far as I know. And it's pretty evident by now that their hardware is old and subpar. people were worried that Putin was going to take over Europe and North America. They haven't even taken Kiev after a week of trying.

And it's not because the Ukrainians are hot shit.....if they were, they would have crushed Donbass years ago.

Reactions: LoCal247
    less than South Korea, as far as I know. And it's pretty evident by now that their hardware is old and subpar. people were worried that Putin was going to take over Europe and North America. They haven't even taken Kiev after a week of trying.

And it's not because the Ukrainians are hot shit.....if they were, they would have crushed Donbass years ago.
    Ive seen lots of folks are saying it’s mostly the older equipment and canon fodder so far.

Reactions: davidb187
    i dont thing the bear has come close to being unleashed yet.
    exactly

pretty clear from early on that Putin engaged only a fraction of what he has and is/was trying to limit civilian casualties. The reality is, he thought they'd be welcomed as heroes and liberators but alas, his intel was wrong. At some point, because he cannot afford to lose, he'll unleash it all. No way he can not succeed here

I think somebody posted a video here, can't find it maybe Tom MacDonald.l

exactly

pretty clear from early on that Putin engaged only a fraction of what he has and is/was trying to limit civilian casualties. The reality is, he thought they'd be welcomed as heroes and liberators but alas, his intel was wrong. At some point, because he cannot afford to lose, he'll unleash it all. No way he can not succeed here
    hahaha

I think your intent in starting this thread has merit.
    I also think any reasonable input via video, news reports, etc. is going to be so corrupt with propaganda from both sides and even 3rd party influence that is will render any discussions void of is really going on.

With the shit being sewn through all media platforms, any discussion here will have the same legitimacy as National Inquirer articles displayed next to the grocery store check out.

Not trying to poop on the thread . . . . some of the discussions and arguments yet to be posted here by our esteemed members will still be epic.

Point well taken. As this thing drags on, perhaps we will be able to separate the propaganda from the facts.

It's sad that all the so called patriots i keep seeing spout off on here are actually putin/russia lovers .

The "Big Guy" appreciates your support. Maybe ask yourself why every politician, media outlet, and talking head is falling head over heels for Ukraine.
    I look at the situation like two drug dealers fighting over a school corner to peddle crack to kids. Except one drug dealer is also a murderer (Russia). If they get in a shootout, I guess I'm on the side of the non-murderer, but I'm not going to prop them up to be a hero.

It's sad that all the so called patriots i keep seeing spout off on here are actually putin/russia lovers .
    You're delusional. Reminds me of those libtards that say I'm a Trump lover because I say how utterly nefarious and morally corrupt the progressive leftists Democrats and their policies are.

Because if you don't like Coke, you must love Pepsi.

Just like anyone who supported Donald Trump?

Quit drinking the HRC/DNC koolaid

I got another revelation for you, there is no boogie man, and that sound under your bed wasn’t a monster, just your wife’s huge black dildo rolling around.

tenor.gif