• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniping Old School

Malum Prohibitum

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2022
Senoia GA
As I laid on the muddy ground, staring at a target 400 yards distant, it suddenly struck me: I didn’t have a screwdriver handy. In the old days, this would have been a critical error.

Ever heard of the tactical applications of the common flat-blade screwdriver? If you’re under the age of 50, probably not. However, if you — much like Your Humble Correspondent — are well past your proverbial “Use By” date and have done any long-distance shooting, you’ve probably already guessed what I’m talking about:

Reactions: mike4045
1708222067317.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Still carry a mildot master in my log book. With fishing line and lead weight. If you know you know.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Still carry a mildot master in my log book. With fishing line and lead weight. If you know you know.

Same here. No batteries required!

Also write in rain notebook, pencils, a lensatic compass… and tape a dope chart on stock. It’s not old fashioned it if works!

Sirhr

Same here. No batteries required!

Also write in rain notebook, pencils, a lensatic compass… and tape a dope chart on stock. It’s not old fashioned it if works!

Sirhr
The no batteries thing...
I feel like that Remington electric primer thing was just about a decade ahead of its time. They might gather a large following now. There is also an electric trigger out, I forget who makes it.
Electric range finder, electric dope calculator, electric primer, electric trigger, electric scope that tells you to aim "here"....just need some sort of capacitor discharge bullet.

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I feel like that Remington electric primer thing was just about a decade ahead of its time. They might gather a large following now. There is also an electric trigger out, I forget who makes it.
Electric range finder, electric dope calculator, electric primer, electric trigger, electric scope that tells you to aim "here"....just need some sort of capacitor discharge bullet.
And wonder how it all works at -20F in New England in January?

Cheers,

Sirhr

In regard to electric primers, sone years back I heard about a Royal Marine who carried his HK wunderwaffen up by the radar arrays on his ship. I knew what had happened before the story was completed. The electromagnetic radiation set off the rifle. He stopped it by removing the magazine. I understand that the anti-personnel ammo worked very well when inspecting suspected smuggling vessels BUT electric ignition in a magazine fed weapon is not the best idea in the world.