• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Snow at the Korean War Memorial

TOPO-sniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2004
League City, TX
Out in Virginia on work for a few days and had an opportunity to stop by for a prayer, thought I would share:

Edited: My brother in law dropped me off at the Lincoln Memorial to go take a few pictures & asked me if I remembered the Vietnam War Memorial off to the side.... I got back in the car after taking the pictures and asked when the new "soldiers" replaced the original ones? It has been over 10 years since I have been there and now feel releived, thought I was having my first "senior" moment. :)

Re: Snow at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial

Nice picture, thanks!

The conditions look more appropriate to the Korean War...
laugh.gif

i am so glad I moved away from the northeast, definately not missing the snow....still a great pic!

kinda chokes you up. thank you to each and every name on there and to all in uniform

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice picture, thanks!

The conditions look more appropriate to the Korean War...
laugh.gif

</div></div>

that is the Korean War Memorial

WOW , Korea , .............................dusty room here ........new desktop .

Thanks !!

The figures are so life-like. One of the things that I appreciated about this memorial, was the first soldier you walk up to as you walk up the sidewalk. He seems to be yelling at you to stay back, almost like he's trying to protect you. Very moving.

How appropriate.... The Frozen Chosin....

(saved for desktop)

I don't know any service member who has ever visited those memorials who hasn't gotten a little choked up.

I was proud to show it to my boys and explain what it meant to them and to me.