• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SO CAL 1000 YARD MATCH 3-28-2010 SCORES Posted

alpine768

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2005
Desert , CA,
SO CAL 1000 YARD MATCH SUNDAY <span style="color: #FF0000">3-28-2010</span> at DESERT MARKSMAN RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB near Palmdale ca.

This will be a prone paper match at 1000 yards off bipod or bags. Bring 50 rounds 20 shots for record + sighters

This is an individual match with 3 classes 22-308 cal, Magnum-416. and 50 cal.

Certificates & prizes will given for 1st - 3rd in all 3 classes.
If you ever wanted to see what you and your rifle can do at a 1000 Yards this is the shoot to attend.

the weather will be in the mid 70,s and little wind so bring your lunch, sun screen and rifle we will see you there.

Entry fee is 25.00 day of the match.I expect the match to fill up early so get your name in soon.

Please Be at the range no later than 7:00am for the shooters meeting.We will be sending shots down range by 8:00am

Please PM or email to [email protected] to reserve your spot or for more info thanks Alpine

1z2m647.jpg

Re: SO CAL 1000 YARD FUN SHHOT/ MATCH 3-28-2010

HI Brad wes wayne and I will be there so put us down .
thanks John,

me and dave are in

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUB DEE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">me and dave are in </div></div>

DUB DEE got you down

As you can see this match fills up fast and is always a great time so get on the list if you are planning on coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me down as well. </div></div>
shooter65 your on the list what about Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrs66vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad, We need to up my count to 6 shooters!! </div></div>

Done

will ask him and let you know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpine768</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put me down as well. </div></div>
shooter65 your on the list what about Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve Raeder is in also. </div></div>
done

Bump, Come on guys this is a great shoot, only 1000 yd range in SoCal!!

I should be in - will make sure I can get off. I should have Devin with me as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad,
If there is still room, I would like to attend. </div></div>

desertshooter your on the list

Brad you can put me down for 2.....Rich G & James SanPedro. Might have more but these 2 for sure as of now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcrich</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad you can put me down for 2.....Rich G & James SanPedro. Might have more but these 2 for sure as of now. </div></div>
Gotcha

Re: SO CAL 1000 YARD FUN SHOOT/ MATCH 3-28-2010

The Range is now officially open again ,and the match is a GO for sure.
If you are thinking on attending the match please get you names in it is filling up thanks Alpine

HI BRAD CAN YOU GIVE ME A CALL ABOUT THE CLUB AND MEMBERSHIP ??
THANKS JOHN ROSE

Brad, Went to the range yesterday and took advantage of a GREAT day "little WIND" anyhow we're up to 7 shooters if room..

jrs66vette have you down for #7 I have 5 spots still available Alpine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrs66vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad, Went to the range yesterday and took advantage of a GREAT day "little WIND" anyhow we're up to 7 shooters if room.. </div></div>What time were you there? We were probably shooting next to each other.

Brad, any chance we can get a few of these on Saturdays again this year?

Hey Brad...what load are you using for the .338L?

thanks

Mark

If anyone wants to carpool there please pm me, Ive never been there before and could use a navigator. Im in the SFV area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrs66vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad, Went to the range yesterday and took advantage of a GREAT day "little WIND" anyhow we're up to 7 shooters if room.. </div></div>What time were you there? We were probably shooting next to each other.

Brad, any chance we can get a few of these on Saturdays again this year? </div></div>

No Sat. matches this year we will see how it goes for 2011

It was nice talking to you on the phone, thanks for taking the time to call me. Guess Ill see you guys at the match.

115 rounds of 6mmBR ammo loaded and ready to go.

Shooter, you heading up there alone? If so, do you want to meet up and carpool? Im right off the 405 in Van Nuys.

I am going alone. I usually go up the 5 and then hit the 14.

Let me know.

Do you want to carpool?
PM me if you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter, you heading up there alone? If so, do you want to meet up and carpool? Im right off the 405 in Van Nuys. </div></div>

Shooter, I think Im just going to head up there alone. Im a heavy smoker and I wouldnt want to subject a non smoker to 2nd hand. That is if you are a non smoker. So Ill see you guys there.

I like that idea. See you at the match.

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter, I think Im just going to head up there alone. Im a heavy smoker and I wouldnt want to subject a non smoker to 2nd hand. That is if you are a non smoker. So Ill see you guys there. </div></div>

This is for anyone going to the match....

I have 2 pounds of sealed H4831SC and 1 pound of sealed RL25 powder (3 pounds in all) that I would like to trade for RL22, so If anyone has RL22 they would like to trade, please pm me.

Hey guys I had a blast today! a BIG thanks Brad and everyone els that was out there for making my first 1K match a lot of fun and a big learning experiance. Hope to see you guys at the next one!

here are some random pics I took today. Some pics of the campfire/meeting place, pits and shooting line.

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Thank you Brad and everyone that helped put the match together.I never shot at a match befor and I couldn't think of a better atmosphere for a first time match. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.I enjoyed it so well I signed up for a range membership after the match.Thanks again for all the work that everyone did.

Thanks to Brad for putting on a great match. It was really well run and a tons of fun. The competitors were knowledgle and helpful. I learned a lot. We wil definetely be back.

Thanks
Steve

Thanks Brad and crew for putting on the shoot had a fun time
met some new shooters didn't shoot well but thats how it goes some days.
JOE, good shooting hope you liked the jerky. See ya next time.
JOHN,

Thanks John, the jerky was awesome! See you guys on Memorial weekend (I hope)

Joe