• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SO. CAL. 1000 Yard Match March 29, RESULTS

alpine768

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2005
Desert , CA,
This match will be held Near Palmdale california at Desert Marksman rifle and pistol club. 30-416 class and and a class for 50 cal.It will be a team match with each shooter, shooting a total of 20 rounds each + sighters. 50.00 fee per team or 25.00 per shooter if you do not have a partner you will be teamed with someone,there is only room for 20 teams so dont delay.Please PM or email me at [email protected] for more details thanks Brad

Re: SO. CAL. 1000 Yard Match March 29, 2009

2009 SOCAL 1000 Yard Team Match 3-29-09

WHERE: Desert Marksmen Rifle & Pistol Club, INC. Please see www.dmrpc.org
WHEN: March 29, 2009
TIME: 6:30 A.M. registration, 7:00 AM mandatory shooter’s meeting, 8:00AM match begins.
TYPE: Two shooter team prone. NOTE: Benches are allowed for disabled or physically handicapped shooters.
CLASSES: two classes: .30 caliber through .416 & .50 caliber.
COST: $50.00 per team or $25.00 per individual
DISTANCE: 1000 yards
EQUIPMENT: Match grade, center fire rifles capable of 1000 yard accuracy.
OPTICS: 9 power or greater.
NRA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED: Yes
DIRECTIONS: See www.dmrpc.org
COURSE OF FIRE: This is our annual SOCAL 1000 yard team match. It will be a two-shooter team match fired at a 1000 yard rifle paper target. The maximum score possible for each team is 400 points, 200 points per team member. Each team will shoot 40 rounds for record. So, each team member will shoot 20 shots for score in four strings of five rounds each. A sight-in period will proceed the first five shot string, but not before the second, third and fourth strings. The target will be pulled after each shot and marked, and then pulled and scored after each five shot string. The team partner will be next to or behind the shooter, coaching and spotting. Relays 1 & 2 will shoot first in the morning, with relays 3 & 4 in the pits. In the afternoon when relays 3 & 4 are shooting, relays 1 & 2 are in the pits. 1st through 4th place team certificates will be issued to each team member in both classes, as well as 1st place individual in each class.
On Saturday March 28th, about High Noon, we will begin getting everything ready for the match the next day. After the work is completed, we will have a barbeque and camp out. So, bring your food to cook, drink to enjoy, and your tent, trailer or motor home to sleep in. If you are not game for this, motels and restaurants are available in Palmdale just minutes away. You should bring EZ ups for sun shelter on the firing line. It may be HOT and SUNNY, so come prepared. Please, drink water and stay hydrated. Use sun screen! Please get your applications mailed to me ASAP. Only twenty (20) teams can participate. If you don’t have a team member, send me an individual application and I will pair you up. Send your checks with your applications made out to Brad , Match Director, $25.00 per shooter, $50.00 per team. One last thing. If you shoot, you must work the pits or find somebody who will do it for you. Please, thoroughly complete the application form, including addresses, e-mail and telephone numbers. Thanks.
Any questions,

So a 308 shooter would be competing in the same class against a 408 or 375 or such?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So a 308 shooter would be competing in the same class against a 408 or 375 or such?</div></div>

If they do as in the past yes.

yes correct, Timberwolf come out and shoot it wil be a good time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpine768</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes correct, Timberwolf come out and shoot it wil be a good time. </div></div>

I may do that if they'll allow me to be away from the zoo for a day (hmmm maybe they'll let me if I wear an APTS shirt hmmmm). It'd be nice to shoot on paper at 1K, I'm getting bored with the buff. I'll check the range calender this weekend to make sure theres nothing special on tap.

With all the response Im getting to other calibers Im going to say sure bring it and shoot it.You will have to shoot from a bag or bipod in the prone position.Bench is allowed if you not able to do prone.

This match sounds like more fun than drunk Hooter girls and a digital camera! I can't make it this time, will be watching for the next one.

Thanks for hosting it alpine.

I checked our range calender and though we have one event I believe I can get the day off. Will know for sure tomorrow. If I can get the day off there will be two of us.

The weather is looking really nice for this shoot 70 deg. no rain great day to shoot 8 spots still open.

Just a heads up Alpine. There is a Tac rifle match that Saturday so Setting up at Noon may pose a problem. The Tac rifle match was pushed for the Black powder boys. Tac rifle has the range until 4:30, but check witht he R.O. when you get there

many thanks to alpine for organizing such a great match i've never shot on paper at 1000 and all i can say is i'm hooked

It was a wonderful match, and one that I have to wonder why I've not been attending. Believe this is defniately worth missing a day of work for.

Mental note to file the number 6 looks very similar to the number 5 at 1000 yards at 12X; never remember which target you are in relation to its position as when your neighbors target is down it throws off the numbering and your other neighbor may have an extra hole in his target; shooting anothers target really messes with your score; and lastly always pay attention to your spotters wind call on the first shot
blush.gif

How was the wind at the match? I was out that-a-way on the 29th and the wind was howling like crazy... 51 mph gust recorded on my Kestrel weather station thingy.

I shot the morning relay so it wasn't that bad - pretty constant 5 - 7 mph though we did have periods where we had the occassional gust or a lull and of course changing from one point to another on the range. The afternoon guys had to deal with more than we did.

The wind always is blowing in the Canyon at Desert Marksman but I would say it never gusted over 15 out of west. Ill try to post scores and some pics by tonight.

For all the SoCal guys, ya really missed a great match. Brad & help run a top notch match. I personnally didn't shoot but my two sons' made up one of the .30 cal teams. Their first 1000 yd match, their both hooked!!

Re: SO. CAL. 1000 Yard Match March 29, RESULTS

The match went great every one had a great time I thank all of you shooters for coming, And want to thank all of you that helped break every thing down that was a big help. here are some results and pics thanks again. The next match will be May 31,2009 this is the week after Memorial day weekend, and will be Individual open match you bring it you shoot it..... Alpine767

With 200 points each and 400 points possible per team

The Big 50 class Team

1st 366 and 7 X,s

2nd 362 and 6 X,s

3rd 362 and 3 X,s

1st over all 50

186 and 3 X,s

30-416 cal. Team

1st 392 and 11 X,s

2nd 390 and 16 X,s

3rd 377 and 12 x,s

1st over all 30-416 cal.

a smokin 197 and 12X,s who says a AR-30 338 dosnt shoot he was putting some small size groups down range Congrats guys and Gals

Hey timberwolf if you would not have shot the wrong target you would have been in the Money

ojpna0.jpg

28c14ef.jpg

ameg6h.jpg

Yes I know - if only that shot had been on my target instead of my neighbor's . . . thats OK we'll be back - it was a great match and my partner and I really enjoyed it.

I still cant be believe that group i think he paid the target puller some cash for that one.

to put this group in prospective the x ring is 8 inches around congrats on some great shooting.