• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SO CAL 600 yard Steel Match 7-22-12‏

alpine768

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2005
Desert , CA,
Hi Shooters

SO CAL 600 STEEL YARD MATCH SUNDAY 7-22-12

at DESERT MARKSMAN RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB Palmdale ca.

This will be a STEEL match from 100 -600 yards off bi pod or bags you may shoot prone if you wish. Bring 50 rounds 30 rounds for record + sighters

This is an individual match with 1 class maximum 30 cal. (magnums are OK) NO 338 , 408 , 50s ect.

Certificates & prizes will given for 1st - 3rd

Be at the Range by 7:00 am for the Shooter meeting we should wrap up around 1:00pm please have you gun zero set for 100 yards and have your dope out to 600yards you will get only 1 practice round at each target. Targets size will be 1MOA at each yardage.

Cost will be 25.00 Please register promptly as the match will fill fast. please PM for more details .

Camping is available at the range the night before the match just let me know. A hot BBQ will be provided to cook on so bring a meat and a side dish its always a great time .

Please PM for more details thank alpine

Re: SO CAL 600 yard Steel Match 7-22-12‏

Sorry to ask but usually a match at DM is $10 what's the additional cost? is the match open to the public

Each discipline are responsible for there match fees long range rifle/1000 yard has always had an entry fee of 25.00 all proceeds go to the club.

And Yes the Match is open to the public let me know if you would like to attend its filling fast thanks Alpine.

I'll be there. I always look forward to shooting the matches at Desert Marksmen.

I may partake, it'll hopefully give me the excuse to finally get the membership there

Here is a pic of the targets we will use for the match.

A fine example of LV Steel Targets quality work.

34s08yr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hackk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may partake, it'll hopefully give me the excuse to finally get the membership there </div></div>

Hackk

Desert Marksman is the best kept secret in SoCal for 60.00 a year you can camp and shoot 24 hrs a day. We have even installed lights in the pits for target illumination at night just because the sun goes down does not mean you have to stop firing not to mention some good hunting opportunity during the season . You cant beat it hurry and join don't hesitate.

Alpine

Re: SO CAL 600 yard Steel Match 7-22-12&#8207;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gnzrme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brad,any more spots? </div></div>

Gnzrme at this time the match is full hope to see you at the next one on Sept 15

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to ask but usually a match at DM is $10 what's the additional cost? is the match open to the public </div></div>

Wow, $25 is cheap, most of the other long range matches around the area are $50 and up, Maybe you are'nt charging enough Brad?

Brad

Thanks again to you and your crew for your time and effort to put on a fun and challenging match.

I had a great time and hope to be back!

Bob B.