• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

So how much do you?.....

micahb

Private
Minuteman
May 22, 2012
Ms
Spend on this wonderfull firearm hobby?
Just a annual average ?

This may be to personal but I think it would be interesting to see

I only spent $3500 in the last year and brought in $550 buying and selling

I would love to spend 10x that much but the wife would kill me !!

Re: So how much do you?.....

Yeah this is gonna turn into a pissing contest for sure!
"I spent $2000 dollars in one day on my akimbo glocks!"

lol I don't mean it to be a measuring contest

I use to race motocross and the last quad I built was $22k so I'm just curious to see how much ppl will spend on something that really doesn't bring money back in

Yeah I know what you mean ha ha. My answer is ALL I can WHENEVER I can. I have a wife though so...... 'nuff said.

My wife and I have a deal - I don't count the shoes, she don't count the guns.

Builds in progress now:

1581 Surgeon, 338LM benchrest rifle (LR),
two BAT actions, a 6.5L and 7WSM LR benchrest rifles,
6mm rifle, action unknown as yet,
308 subsonic bolt gun
300 Blackout AR ( may add a bolt gun too, since I have the reamer)
two 6.8 AR's
At some point, an unlimited 100/200 BR rifle.
All Bartlein barrels too.

naw, I don't spend much my hobby. I just have a lot going on, and things that need trying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife and I have a deal - I don't count the shoes, she don't count the guns.

Builds in progress now:

1581 Surgeon, 338LM benchrest rifle (LR),
two BAT actions, a 6.5L and 7WSM LR benchrest rifles,
6mm rifle, action unknown as yet,
308 subsonic bolt gun
300 Blackout AR ( may add a bolt gun too, since I have the reamer)
two 6.8 AR's
At some point, an unlimited 100/200 BR rifle.
All Bartlein barrels too.

naw, I don't spend much my hobby. I just have a lot going on, and things that need trying.

</div></div>

Uhhhhh so what do you do for a living ?
And do you need an assistant ?

Practical long range rifle competition doesn't take all the money in the world; just all the money you have, plus ten percent.
laugh.gif

It awesome not having a wife or kids when it comes to this cause I dont have to worry about anyone else wondering where all the money went. Basically this hobby keeps my bank account low and sometimes i spend the money before I have it, if seller agrees to wait till I have funds ready. In turn it means i have too much gear, and a lot of projects going on...

wait did I say too much...who am I kidding you cant have too much can you?? Seriously this site alone takes half my pay check it seems like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: micahb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And do you need an assistant ? </div></div>

Work hard, play hard. Seriously, I worked for a company for 22 years, quit and started a company. It's done well.

There was a time, when I didn't have anything and owed more. I have been blessed to be part of a few things that didn't fail. FWIW, I did go to school at State ( MSU).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mikee Booshay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: micahb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And do you need an assistant ? </div></div>

Work hard, play hard. Seriously, I worked for a company for 22 years, quit and started a company. It's done well.

There was a time, when I didn't have anything and owed more. I have been blessed to be part of a few things that didn't fail. FWIW, I did go to school at State ( MSU).</div></div>

I hear ya
Me my dad and brother own a construction company and
We normally work hard and play hard too but we've pretty much been unemployed since September.