• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so how was your day? here is how mine went...

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
in 2002 i made a deal with a guy that lived behind me to help me with a motor/tranny swap on my 79 bronco. we came to an agreement and i paid him every two weeks. he got into financial trouble and came to me with a demand for full payment. after telling him it wasnt part of the deal and it was only gonna be every payday as agreed i thought it was over. until one day at teletech the guards came and told me someone was there to tow my truck. this guy filed a false writing with the court saying he had a mechanics lein. the only way a lein is enforceable according to his own paperwork was if he retained possession of the vehicle and no payments were made. well since he was loading my vehicle on a trailer and stealing it, i called the cops. they showed up and saw the lein and said it was a civil matter. i asked them to read the lein and see where he stated he had possesion of the vehicle since work was completed and explain why he was stealing my truck from my work parking lot. all they would say was its a civil matter. and i watched my truck roll away. with in a week he had falsified documents and switched title to his name and listed it for sale and sold all of my tools, my seats, stereo and possesions in a yard sale. he then listed the truck for sale. i hired a lawyer, i sent a buddy over with $1000 cash and he bought my truck from the guy. no way i was going to let him sell my vehicle. we went to court. i won. the lawyer promised we would seek damages and id get my $1000 back. i did still owen the guy $300 so i got $700 back. i wasnt trying to not pay him, just stick to our every two week agreement. so the lawyer didnt get me anything for my seats, stereo, tools and time without transportation.

fast forward to today... 9 years after the fact. my truck has been with me since then. tagged and insured every year since. i drive it daily. its legal. so today i go to get my new tag cause i just forgot and with it as hot i didnt take the dogs to run. i get to the tags office and wait 35 minutes and get to a rep. she needs some customer service training. trust me ive worked in cust serv all my life, if she werent working for the state, she wouldnt have a job. well she informs me that my truck isnt in my name. excuse me? nope. its in his name. so for 9 years i have been tagging my vehicle every year. same office. last time i got tags is right on the papers i took in. 10-6-2010. it had sat for 4 months while i chased an electrical short. they sold me tags back then, just 8 months ago. so i ask what i should do? she says she dont know. welll who does? she says the state wont allow me to tag it, talk to the state. well she wouldnt tell me who she was talking to over in titles so i could speak with them and have some continuity. like she would know what that is even. so i walk out. too many sherriffs outside the door to do anything else. and i come home and i start seething. i called titles and they will get back to me after some research. that was at 12:30 today. no call yet, still waiting by the phone... pissed? yup, you betcha. and that, was my day. i had planned on lunch at the blind tiger brew pub with a friend. didnt happen. so how was your day??

Re: so how was your day? here is how mine went...

when i got home this was all i could think of...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjVeazhEug0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HjVeazhEug0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thatsa sad story. Id be tempted to go find the guy who screwed me and give his day a few dark spots.

Damn how come the bad guys get to win, legally, sometimes?

Sorry bro.

My day was just being told that I am going on swing shift...sigh, 3 days warning.

not sure if i would start with the guy or the lawyer.

You will need to get a copy of the original court judgement and then provide it to Title. They have to honor the court judgement which supersedes their authority or else they will be in violation of the court order. I would highly suggest contacting the same attorney and having him finish the job he started but apparently didn't finish.

have already called the court and ill pick up the settlement papers tomorrow before i go to the title department. 9 years. tagged every year, paid every year. what happened all of a sudden is what i want to know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> have already called the court and ill pick up the settlement papers tomorrow before i go to the title department. 9 years. tagged every year, paid every year. what happened all of a sudden is what i want to know </div></div>

It's what didn't happen... Natural Selection. When it comes to the DOL it's not a question of if but when in these matters.

WOW still in his name huh? Sounds to me it's time to play bumper cars in the Mercedes dealership at midnight and leave it.
smile.gif
Just sayin' what comes around goes around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW still in his name huh? Sounds to me it's time to play bumper cars in the Mercedes dealership at midnight and leave it.
smile.gif
Just sayin' what comes around goes around. </div></div>

I like that idea!!!!

title only. tags and insurance is in my name. plus i didnt put a 460 and 1 ton axles/lockers and 4.88s in it to lose it. but it will roll over a few smaller vehicles if needed. its just the 9 years thing thats killing me

day two. nothing. went back and they spent 30 minutes with the state at titles and they dont have anything there. just the transfer that the guy fraudulenty filled out. they now admit he isnt even listed on the tax roles and shouldnt be able to fill out a mechanics lein. DUH? so they have no solution. unless i can time travel to 9 years ago and get a title from the guy that committed fraud to get mine in his name. i can see the judge that presided over this for a quiet title, but he is out of town on a conference. so his secretary isnt even in her office. who knows when he will be back.

here is the funniest part of the day. they asked me how i have managed to get tags every year. so i says "well i walk in that door, take one of them there numbers and sit down. when you call me i show ID and insurance and pay what you say and you give me a tag. every year for the last 9 years..." they just stared at me blankly.

I wonder what you would find if you did a carfax check on the vehicle. If you have the most recent title/registration isn't that good enough?

So how about turning the tables?

Ask for a refund for the past 9 years, seeing as what THEY were doing is/was wrong. After a good few minutes of stammering, stuttering, frantic phone calls, and a bit of panic thrown in I'm sure they'll give you an answer of sorts.

Then use that answer in a statement, as the basis for 'notifying them of an impending legal action' and then see what happens.

Just a thought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how about turning the tables?

Ask for a refund for the past 9 years, seeing as what THEY were doing is/was wrong. After a good few minutes of stammering, stuttering, frantic phone calls, and a bit of panic thrown in I'm sure they'll give you an answer of sorts.

Then use that answer in a statement, as the basis for 'notifying them of an impending legal action' and then see what happens.

Just a thought. </div></div>

^^^^THIS I LIKE^^^^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Richard II</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder what you would find if you did a carfax check on the vehicle. If you have the most recent title/registration isn't that good enough? </div></div>

its a 1979 so im not sure it would go back. it would show him as a title holder. he obtained title thru fraud by falsifying a mechanics lein. the lein said on it that he had retained possesion of it and i had never paid him for work done. i tried to explain that to the cops i called when he was loading my truck on a trailer at my job. i asked the cop if he could read. then if he would read. the lein stated he retained possesion. why then was it at my job in the parking lot? he illegally repoed a vehicle he didnt have rights to. we filed a motion for repleven. during the interim and after he was served a resraining order to stop him from selling it, he sold it to my buddy for $1000, my money. i got $700 back in court. i only owed $300, and i never disputed it. our agreement was $200 every other paycheck, $700 total for his labor. he just got in a bind and wanted it all at once. i had other bills so i said no. he has done it before to other people, he knew exactly what to do to get my title.

and i have the title from where i bought it in the 90's, but they said his overrides that, even if fraudulently obtained