• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I got a package from Dillon today

Doc Holiday13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
LoCo, VA
I ordered their Super Swage 600 and decided to buy some of their case lube to see how if it was better or worse than the hornady lube I use. I use the spray pump type bottle stuff and not the aerosol can.

Well here are the directions written on the bottle.

<span style="font-style: italic">Shake well until thoroughly mixed into solution.Place one layer of empty cartridge cases into an open box or on a cookie sheet stolen from your spouse. Spray with a sweeping motion. Shake the box or tray and spray again. Wait five minutes, then inspect the lubed cases. A properly lubed case will feel greasy</span>

Anyone catch something funny in there?
laugh.gif

Re: So I got a package from Dillon today

Only that you can't use the stuff if you don't have a spouse to steal from.

Greg

Follow the directions and you'll have no problems with either the Super Swage or the Dillon case lube. I got one stuck case years ago when I rushed into resizing before the alchohol evaporated.

BTW, you can leave it on longer than 5 minutes, like until after you've eaten dinner for example, and they'll be fine. Just remember to let the cases sit at least 5 minutes and wipe off any lube before you chamber live rounds.

I tried stealing the cooky sheet from my wife, but I got caught. No cookies for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocHoliday13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I usually do a second tumble for about an hour </div></div>

Second tumble is a definite option. I like to hand wipe them before I load them for one last inspection. Since I always had to inspect each one for media in the flash hole after the second tumble I just started to hand wipe them. Figured it preserves my media by not throwing greasy cases in there.

Just another way to skin a kitty...

hahaha, nice.

I got busted for stealing the round tupperware container usually reserved for bringing a salad to a summer picnic...

I dump mine in a plastic bag, spray and shake.

cardboard box for me, spray and shake, let sit for 5 minutes.

Next time just buy some Lanolin and alcohol, mix them and save a bunch.

I also use the plastic bag method.

The Dillon lube is $9.00. I'm on my third bottle now, but as I still have a nearly full one (my second), it ought to last about 4 or 5 years!

I am an experienced reloader and have been married twice. Heed what I say....

Just go buy that shit at the Dollar Store and leave it all out of sight in the Garage.

I frigging Miltech'ed a pyrodex pan one time by accident. She still thinks it got lost "in the move" when we bought the new house. You know how sick that shit would make you? Synthetic lubed casseroles and crap? Trust me.

No worries there; once I import goods into the garage, my wife and daughters have no interest in looking for them let alone bring them back inside.

Any of you yankees know what a Palmetto bug is? Big ass cuckaracha!

And then there are the spiders. Hell I could hide a concubine in that garage and she'd never be found by them. Problem is, she'd hate the garage too...

Holy shit... Palmetto Bugs... I was at Spanky's in Savannah, GA. This huge fucking cockroach had a knife and a blue bandanna. I screamed something about giant gangster cockroaches and the rest was a blur.

Someone calmed me down and explained it was a Palmetto Bug. I felt so relieved, gave it my wallet and left.

You folks don't have those big bastards (Palmetto Bugs)in Texas CKA? Maybe nearer the Gulf coast?

I do all my reloading in my garage. In the winter months, little critters aren't a problem. The rest of the year can get a little exciting! Reaching down into the base cabinets for trays, boxes or what ever crap I have stored there can cause some excitement for the little bastards down there in the dark places...

Back in the mid 70's I lived in Jacksonville, FL. One evening I was drinking Jim Beam Rye with my buddy in his backyard. At some point, I sat on and smashed a very large Palmetto bug....It was stuck to the left rear pocket of my jeans and we all had a good laugh about it. The next morning I awoke w/ a giant blister on my ass where the bug had been smushed.

I haven't lived in FL since.

I use Sinclair lube blocks when I spray my cases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CGM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next time just buy some Lanolin and alcohol, mix them and save a bunch.

I also use the plastic bag method. </div></div>

Thats what I'm thinking of doing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I frigging Miltech'ed a pyrodex pan one time by accident. She still thinks it got lost "in the move" when we bought the new house. You know how sick that shit would make you? Synthetic lubed casseroles and crap? Trust me. </div></div>

Thats some funny SH!t right there

OOh and how come you guys with single stages don't just spray them when you put them into loading blocks???

I understand the cookie sheet or carboard box if you are using a progressive

I use a single stage and don't like spraying my loading blocks because I don't like having to take a Q-tip to clean out any accidentally spilled powder.

I'm somewhat of a clutze and invariably I spill half a charge weight or so every time I sit down to load more than 50 rounds. If the loading tray is nice and dry I just walk out to the deck and shake it into the yard to clean it off.

Personally I use a lid for a copy paper carton. But I have bought my own "el cheapo" pans from Dollar Market if I need one. They are all marked 'NOT FOR FOOD" all over them. I figured if I didn't one of the grandkids might try to cook something in them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit... Palmetto Bugs... I was at Spanky's in Savannah, GA. This huge fucking cockroach had a knife and a blue bandanna. I screamed something about giant gangster cockroaches and the rest was a blur.

Someone calmed me down and explained it was a Palmetto Bug. I felt so relieved, gave it my wallet and left. </div></div>

Too fucking funny
when i was 14 moved to Indio, CA and was introduced to cockaroaches. tried smashing it and it was too fast finally it crawled into the toaster and i turned it on. it never came out. next day my sister and brother in-law were eating toast and asked if i wanted a piece, i said no thanks. LOL