• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors So I got my Form 1 one sent back because of this.........

D_Lamz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2007
Central Texas
Well damn.....
I'm guessing its another 2 weeks?

2dgw55f.png

WTF man, you really sent in a Form 1 with the ZA as a reason? LMFAO!!! That's worth a 2 week wait.

I just wish I'd done it first. You must have at least given the reviewer a chuckle.

The response was quote worthy, as well. "Would prefer that to be removed." It sounds like you actually have a choice, when you resubmit. Care to roll the dice again?

I'm sorry, but you deserve to have it kicked back for being a douche bag.

You used to be able to get away with that, I've seen Form1 and Form 4s with similar wording. ~2011 they started cracking down and kicking them back.

Be Professional

Rejection is Infringement. Call the NRA?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Corrections are now taking 90 days instead of 2 weeks. Maybe the examiner will get the last laugh!

I've sen pics of an approved form that said "Because chicks dig em". Lol

ETA: the zombie apocalypse is as relevant reason as any. I don't see how ATF could refuse.

Fun to joke about but today when they have to scrutinize a lot more (pressure from the party with an agenda) we need to be a bit more professional.
Get the form approved and then joke all you want, but don't piss in the punch bowl for all of us.

Respectfully,

Fuzzyone........

Fun to joke about but today when they have to scrutinize a lot more (pressure from the party with an agenda) we need to be a bit more professional.
Get the form approved and then joke all you want, but don't piss in the punch bowl for all of us.

Respectfully,

Fuzzyone........

+1 - I see the humor and appreciate it....but, I agree 100%.

I helped my brother fill one out and it got approved with zombie defense as the reason. I've also seen "sex toy" get approved, mind you, this was several years ago.

That'll get you as far as yelling bomb on an airplane. Funny reaction but not worth the headache. I hope they don't put you on a black list of some sort which will indefinitely deny you........unless you're just fucking with everybody and you never even did that. :)

wow, we got some uptight people in here. ive seen a few Form 1's and form 4's be approved with similar wording. all you guys whining about being professional and all that, lighten up some. only thing this does is delay his own form. its definitely not "pissing in the punch bowl for all of us".

So I got my Form 1 one sent back because of this.........

wow, we got some uptight people in here. ive seen a few Form 1's and form 4's be approved with similar wording. all you guys whining about being professional and all that, lighten up some. only thing this does is delay his own form. its definitely not "pissing in the punch bowl for all of us".

How do you figure?

If the guy in front of you at the DMV doesn't have his shit together and takes an hour instead of the typical 20mins, he has just wasted 40mins of your time. The same applies here, only with thousands in line and an extremely limited amount of agents processing forms.

Why not be professional and ensure your form moves forward and the next guy's wait wasn't in vain.

What authority does the ATF have to determine what is a valid reason to exercise a right? Pretty dangerous when you give a person that authority. Could they ask and reject voter registration forms based on a "why do you want to vote" question?

LMFAO.......would have been even funnier if you got a declined letter :) and had to wait another 9 months

When did you send that one in? I have a few SBR's I'm waiting on

How do you figure?

If the guy in front of you at the DMV doesn't have his shit together and takes an hour instead of the typical 20mins, he has just wasted 40mins of your time. The same applies here, only with thousands in line and an extremely limited amount of agents processing forms.

Why not be professional and ensure your form moves forward and the next guy's wait wasn't in vain.

Does the person at the DMV get to decide what is acceptable documentation to provide? Or do they just verify that the documentation provided is legit?

What authority does the ATF have to determine what is a valid reason to exercise a right? Pretty dangerous when you give a person that authority. Could they ask and reject voter registration forms based on a "why do you want to vote" question?
You don't have a right to own NFA weapons. And the ATF does not administer voter registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You don't have a right to own NFA weapons. And the ATF does not administer voter registration.

Actually, you DO have a 2nd Amendment right to own an NFA item. That's the only reason the NFA exists in the first place. If the government could just ban machine guns and the like, it would have done so long ago. That's why the 86 "ban" was not a ban on the possession of machine guns, it was a ban on the MANUFACTURE of machine guns FOR CIVILIAN SALE ONLY, something they could do under their Commerce Clause authority. It only applies to manufacturers, not to private citizens.

The NFA isn't about whether you have a right or not, you absolutely do because if there are any "arms suitable for use by the individual soldier" it's machine guns. They just found a way around the 2nd Amendment using the Commerce Clause as an excuse to control manufacture. And if they can do it for machine guns, they can do it for ANY firearm at all. The only thing that keeps hostile administrations from shutting down the civilian firearms market completely is the Congress, which has refused many times to exercise that authority as applied to other than NFA defined items. But it could do so at any time, if it thinks it can get away with it without losing too many votes.

It's about REGISTRATION AND TRACKING of "dangerous weapons" like machine guns and silencers. And it's about making sure that felons don't get government approval for them. Remember when the NFA was enacted: 1934. Gangster era. Tommy guns. John Dillinger.

You used to be able to buy a Thompson machine gun at your local hardware store for about $150 back in the 20s with no paperwork at all, which is how Dillinger and his ilk got them, and why Congress enacted the NFA in the first place. Didn't used to be a problem for them because the $200 tax was traditionally enough to keep the riff-raff from seeking NFA items because it was often double the cost of the item itself...or more. Today, it's a pittance. Just imagine what the impact would be if the NFA tax had risen along with inflation. You'd be paying $6,000 just for the tax stamp. It was intended as a deterrent to civilian ownership of NFA items.

But make no mistake, unless you plan on committing a crime with it and tell them that, storing it or using it in a state where it's illegal, or you're legally disqualified from owning ANY firearms, the NFA Branch is compelled to issue the tax stamp if you've met all the standards in the law...eventually. But there's nothing preventing Obama from "reassigning" the NFA Branch personnel and leaving but a single examiner to examine all 40,000 annual applications. The administration's distaste for NFA users is why the NFA staffing has not been radically increased. The administration is not required by law to process an application in any particular period of time (something we should try to get changed...I say 90 days max), so it doesn't have to make it easy or convenient for us.

The reason that you used to see silly reasons being accepted is because the government CANNOT DENY a valid NFA registration. They can only deny you if you are disqualified or if you fail to provide the REQUIRED information.

Note that the examiner said he would "prefer" that the reason be removed. He didn't REQUIRE it because he cannot do so, it's not up to him to judge what a legitimate reason is...unless you are stupid enough to announce you're going to rob a bank with it or something. It's a question that they really don't have any constitutional authority to ask, but they do it anyway because it's one more hoop to make you jump through so they can mess with you and delay approval, as just happened in this case. They can make him wait a month or two (or ten) longer by "requesting" the change, so they do.

Being bureaucrats under the command of the Administration, a "work to rule" order from on high must be obeyed (it's not their fault) and it also keeps them from getting dinged for making an error or showing favoritism. They don't make the rules, the political appointees do.

So yeah, go ahead and be flip, but don't be surprised if you get delay after delay based on the tiniest technical error.

Last edited:
So I got my Form 1 one sent back because of this.........

Actually, you DO have a 2nd Amendment right to own an NFA item. That's the only reason the NFA exists in the first place. If the government could just ban machine guns and the like, it would have done so long ago. That's why the 86 "ban" was not a ban on the possession of machine guns, it was a ban on the MANUFACTURE of machine guns FOR CIVILIAN SALE ONLY, something they could do under their Commerce Clause authority. It only applies to manufacturers, not to private citizens.

The NFA isn't about whether you have a right or not, you absolutely do because if there are any "arms suitable for use by the individual soldier" it's machine guns. They just found a way around the 2nd Amendment using the Commerce Clause as an excuse to control manufacture. And if they can do it for machine guns, they can do it for ANY firearm at all. The only thing that keeps hostile administrations from shutting down the civilian firearms market completely is the Congress, which has refused many times to exercise that authority as applied to other than NFA defined items. But it could do so at any time, if it thinks it can get away with it without losing too many votes.

It's about REGISTRATION AND TRACKING of "dangerous weapons" like machine guns and silencers. And it's about making sure that felons don't get government approval for them. Remember when the NFA was enacted: 1934. Gangster era. Tommy guns. John Dillinger.

You used to be able to buy a Thompson machine gun at your local hardware store for about $150 back in the 20s with no paperwork at all, which is how Dillinger and his ilk got them, and why Congress enacted the NFA in the first place. Didn't used to be a problem for them because the $200 tax was traditionally enough to keep the riff-raff from seeking NFA items because it was often double the cost of the item itself...or more. Today, it's a pittance. Just imagine what the impact would be if the NFA tax had risen along with inflation. You'd be paying $6,000 just for the tax stamp. It was intended as a deterrent to civilian ownership of NFA items.

But make no mistake, unless you plan on committing a crime with it and tell them that, storing it or using it in a state where it's illegal, or you're legally disqualified from owning ANY firearms, the NFA Branch is compelled to issue the tax stamp if you've met all the standards in the law...eventually. But there's nothing preventing Obama from "reassigning" the NFA Branch personnel and leaving but a single examiner to examine all 40,000 annual applications. The administration's distaste for NFA users is why the NFA staffing has not been radically increased. The administration is not required by law to process an application in any particular period of time (something we should try to get changed...I say 90 days max), so it doesn't have to make it easy or convenient for us.

The reason that you used to see silly reasons being accepted is because the government CANNOT DENY a valid NFA registration. They can only deny you if you are disqualified or if you fail to provide the REQUIRED information.

Note that the examiner said he would "prefer" that the reason be removed. He didn't REQUIRE it because he cannot do so, it's not up to him to judge what a legitimate reason is...unless you are stupid enough to announce you're going to rob a bank with it or something. It's a question that they really don't have any constitutional authority to ask, but they do it anyway because it's one more hoop to make you jump through so they can mess with you and delay approval, as just happened in this case. They can make him wait a month or two (or ten) longer by "requesting" the change, so they do.

Being bureaucrats under the command of the Administration, a "work to rule" order from on high must be obeyed (it's not their fault) and it also keeps them from getting dinged for making an error or showing favoritism. They don't make the rules, the political appointees do.

So yeah, go ahead and be flip, but don't be surprised if you get delay after delay based on the tiniest technical error.
You might want to have another read of the Heller decision. To save time I would skip the preamble and start around page 50.

The Second Amendment is not the reason the ATF exists. And the government did ban machine guns, not so very long ago.

The ATF approval process for NFA items is not governed by the Second Amendment, it's a policy issue.

Last edited:
I wish all this Zombie bullshit would die.... did I just say that?

Rejection is Infringement. Call the NRA?

It was rejected for a douche bag reason, if he would have sent it in with just the collecting and investing it would have been approved. If they approve it with that Zombie BS then they are confirming that Zombies exist.

You got what you deserved with the delay, now grow up, drop the Zombie crap and like others said be professional.

BTW why call the NRA? They are useless when it comes to NFA stuff.

Does the person at the DMV get to decide what is acceptable documentation to provide? Or do they just verify that the documentation provided is legit?

Matter of fact, yes, they do get to decide what is acceptable documentation. For example the requirements for proof of residency in WV... They do not check whether the info is legit, they just make sure it's on their list of acceptable criteria and, if so, you move forward. IE: I provide an electric, water and sewer bill with my name and address on it and I'm golden....they don't give two shits about the thousands of NRA mailers with my name and address on them ;).

You are making my point. The DMV can reject any documentation that doesn't match what they list on their website as acceptable documentation. The ATF rejecting an application for registration based on what the applicant listed on the form for any reason is arbitrary and capricious when they don't list what the specific reasons that are legal and similar reasons have been approved in the past.

Fifteen or twenty years ago, not one of us would have put the reason on our form "due to Zombies". All of this Zombie bullshit stemmed from movies and marketing. Have I ever really purchased or built anything because of Zombies? NO. Maybe they rejected the form, questioning your mental status. Maybe they wonder if you really believe in that shit, after all that is what you gave them for a reason.

You might want to have another read of the Heller decision. To save time I would skip the preamble and start around page 50.

The Second Amendment is not the reason the ATF exists. And the government did ban machine guns, not so very long ago.

The ATF approval process for NFA items is not governed by the Second Amendment, it's a policy issue.

When did the gov't ban machine guns? I'd only heard of them banning the production of new machineguns for civilians, and of course requiring registration of existing weapons. Unless you're talking about state governments, some of which have had machinegun bans in place for some time.

When did the gov't ban machine guns? I'd only heard of them banning the production of new machineguns for civilians, and of course requiring registration of existing weapons. Unless you're talking about state governments, some of which have had machinegun bans in place for some time.

The Hughes Amendment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act of '86 made civilian ownership of machine guns ILLEGAL. Possession of a tax stamp is an "AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE AGAINST PROSECUTION". The NFA branch will not give you a tax stamp for a Form 1 or Form 4 MG made post May '86.

Is it constitutional? IMO No.

Has it been challenged in court? Not successfully.

Can it be successfully challenged in court? IMO its possible, but first you'd need to be charged with an offense, then appeal up to the USC. It will take a team of Lawyers, cost several million dollars, and if you lose it sets precedent which makes it even harder for the next guy.

It was rejected for a douche bag reason,

Shooting paper is a douche bag reason.

See what I did there? ;)

These things are not meant to be left up to personal opinion.

BTW why call the NRA? They are useless when it comes to NFA stuff.

Maybe because defeatists do not bother to call them. How are they supposed to know it's important?

Last edited:
Shooting paper is a douche bag reason.

See what I did there? ;)

These things are not meant to be left up to personal opinion.

First, the NFA has been around and controlled by the government since 1934 and paperwork should be taken seriously and professionally.

Second, I don't know of anybody that had their Forms returned for "Shooting paper" and if you are going to use something as juvenile as "Zombies" you get what you deserve.

I know that there are huge comprehension issues on these discussion boards, but once again if you put the retarded "Zombies" on your Form and they approve the Form, they are admitting that Zombies exist..

See what I did there.

Maybe because defeatists do not bother to call them. How are they supposed to know it's important?

How old are you? Seriously, how long have you been around? I plenty of other people have contacted the NRA about NFA and sure they "CLAIM" to support the NFA issues, but the reality is they really don't care. If they cared about the NFA they would have went after the illegal 1986 MG ban or at least supported the 1934 Group when they went after the MG ban years back.

Threaten the duck hunters and all hell breaks loose, threaten NFA and they look the other way.

Zombies, sex toy or chicks dig 'em is every bit a legitimate reason to own NFA as target shooting or collecting until someone can produce a statute describing what legitimate use has been defined as.

As stated above; the examiner can "prefer" all he wants! While some here don't find it humorous; it is "original"!

You don't have a right to own NFA weapons.

As it stands now; you are correct, but let me ask you this; what if all firearms were rendered "NFA"??? Don't think it couldn't happen? Btw, not everything "NFA" is considered a "weapon"; unless you wanna "club" someone w/ a suppressor! ;-)

As it stands now; you are correct, but let me ask you this; what if all firearms were rendered "NFA"??? Don't think it couldn't happen? Btw, not everything "NFA" is considered a "weapon"; unless you wanna "club" someone w/ a suppressor! ;-)
A suppressor is a firearm under NFA rules.

And you have a constitutional right to a handgun in your own home for self defense, provided you are not a felon.

A suppressor is a firearm under NFA rules.

And you have a constitutional right to a handgun in your own home for self defense, provided you are not a felon.

Graham,
Do you have a right to a computer in your home? I am guessing more damage can be done w/ a computer then a can?

Graham,
Do you have a right to a computer in your home? I am guessing more damage can be done w/ a computer then a can?
The NFA does not regulate computers, and the Second Amendment does not mention them.