• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I had an idea...

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
I hadn't seen a stainless (looking) AR and decided to try it and see how it looked. Not convinced it was a good one yet. What say ye all?
IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

Re: So I had an idea...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kinda looks like a toy gun...</div></div>

Paint the suppressor blaze orange
smile.gif

I think it looks good, there are enough black rifles out there, you can be different with at least one.

The thought of a stainless AR didn't sound too good to me at first but after looking at the pics I dig it. Looks very well done.

I like it , I'm gonna do my next AR in some other color than black , probably a dark OD or somthing , but the SS looks cool

I like it! Maybe not the color for a field gun but looks good for a range gun, and can be kyloned for the field on a mintue or two. SO WHY NOT STAINLESS. Good job on the coating also.

What did you use to coat it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kinda looks like a toy gun...</div></div>

Paint the suppressor blaze orange
smile.gif

</div></div>

I know it would be for kicks, but I wanna see what that looks like on this gun?

I knew I didn't come up with an original thought! Looks like POF is a step ahead of me, I've probably seen theirs before and just don't remember.

I coated the upper, lower, A.R.M.S. mount & rail with stainless Norrell's moly resin and all of the small parts with black Norrell's.

Thanks for the comments guys, better than I thought they'd be.

I think that looks KICK ASS!! I love two tone contrasting colors on weapons....thats why when I did my 300WM through Randy (HateCa) the bottom metal was OD, stock Black, Barreled action OD and the base and rings black, and never got around to painting the scope OD...but would have looked cool....

Personally I love it....I like it when someone does something different, it gets old looking at the same type of rifle day in and day out....

My vote says leave it as is...it rocks!

Got to say I like it too. Good job man.

I'm with Longrange**** on this one, I think it looks totally Trick. Love me the stainless look I do.

-Pat

Thanks again guys. I wasn't too sure about it when I posted the pics but the response has definitely been good. I think I'll leave it alone for awhile.