• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing So I have this Canjar trigger...

sosicmcise

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
A friend of mine gave me a Canjar trigger. How are they in comparison to the factory Remington 700 x-mark trigger? I have both, but I know nothing about the Canjar, I read that they went out of business in 2007.

Your thoughts?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: So I have this Canjar trigger...

They are terrible....sell it to me!
smile.gif

Have never used one, always wanted to try their set trigger, shoot me a PM if you do decide to sell. I'm more curious than anything.

Oh...and to your question....I've heard good things.

Seriously though, they are supposed to be a great trigger, I have not used one, but have never heard anything bad about them. Some put them on Par with a Jewell

DD

They're pretty good stuff! Especially the set triggers. If you need it, I have the original instruction sheet for installation and set up. I think it's already scanned in (someone else had a problem) so I can e-mail or PM it to you.
grin.gif

Jason,
If you want to play with some, come on over! I'd even loan you one for a while to try out!

I have a double set Canjar on a Mauser. Great trigger. Never had one problem with it. It has no creep.

Thanks guys, I'll try it out on the next rifle I build instead of the x-mark trigger that came w/ the 700 action.

I'm sure i'll have more questions once it's installed and i'm attempting adjust it.

Canjar Trigger Groups-
Trigger shoe is as wide as a dozer blade which isn't optmum for finger placement/feel.
Having to remove the shoe prior to removing a trigger guard is a PITA.

On par with a Jewell....NOT.

I have two single-set models. One has been in service since at least 1980 when it came to me on a used rifle, the other since '96 when I bought it new. They've been fine and they go right through Remington factory bottom metal with no trouble. They DO have a reputation for being fragile/brittle, but mine have been OK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info Ed. I'll bring it to the next match for you to check out.</div></div>Cool T, we're doing the movers this weekend, but I'll be down there for the match on the 5th.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its got an interesting trigger shoe that the guy put on it years ago.</div></div>My single set models have a slotted trigger with a small tab that projects forward when the trigger is pressed forward to be in the "set" position. "Unset", it's about a pound required on the main trigger, "set" it's not more than an ounce or two required on the projecting tab.

It was popular years ago to add a wider trigger shoe to give the feel of a lighter trigger by spreading the pressure out over more finger area. Maybe that's what you have on yours . . .