• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft So. I made my son a water bed..

Linkpimp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
So-Cal / OC Area
Hey team, Here’s a project you might like, if not sorry.. haha

One of my son’s last Christmas present was a water bed, I looked around and really didn’t see anything that I liked so I decided to my DYI one up.. I figured hey.. how hard can it be… lol..

I got two pieces of wood and cut them up like so..

IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg
\

IMG_8695-1.jpg

Headboard Part I.
Then I prepped both pieces (sanded and primed) then applied the basecoat (grays and whites) built everything up add on some transparent blue and finished it up with some pearl silver for highlights.

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

IMG_8809.jpg

IMG_8812.jpg

Once It’s dry I’ll add of few layers of clear coat to, it will really bring out the color, it should look great.

Re: So. I made my son a water bed..

Headboard Part II

IMG_8803.jpg

IMG_8806.jpg

Here’s a quick peek at how the other piece is coming along, as an idea of how they both fit eventually fit together.

IMG_8814-1.jpg

Not to bad for a twin headboard ha?. Well…. My kid will like it
wink.gif
lol.

Here I’ve got the frame started, I’m using 2x8x8’ I’ll need to cut (2) 84” long & (2) 39”
I’ve already sanding all four sides and round the corners with a belt sander and laid down my primer coat.

IMG_8815.jpg

Now that everything is dry I can put them all together and start on a pattern that matches the headboard look.

IMG_8818.jpg

IMG_8819.jpg

IMG_8822.jpg

(Time marches on) Well it’s done and I think I did a pretty decent job..

Lets’ just hope a 14yr old thinks the same..

Headboard
IMG_8838.jpg

Frame
IMG_8846.jpg

I used 2x12” for the pedestal frame, crossed braced it 3 times and 5/8” ply for the platform

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8853.jpg

Thanks for your time everybody and I hope you enjoyed this project.. if not… Well I tried.. lol..

Link..

Without see the inside of the pedistal it is hard to tell but it looks ok.
Last one I had to try to put together was originally put together by a po'd idiot because if it could be done wrong it was. Then the person that took it down to move it lost at least half the hardware. And the owner expected me to correct all this for free. Never help a buddy move unless he is leaving town and you won't have to help on the other end.