• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So if you couldn't sleep of a bird...

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Because it was so damn loud at night and you only got 3 hours every night, and you heard it even through ear plugs.

Would you kill it with a quiet .22 so you and neighbors can get some sleep?

Let's say the bird was a limpkin bird, and you live in a community, so you aren't the only one annoyed...

Re: So if you couldn't sleep of a bird...

Having the same problem with a rooster. Only I opened my mouth and tried to get it taking care of through legal channnels and got no help. Now if something happens to the rooster it will be blamed on me. Keep your mouth shut. Buy a pellet gun. Finish it off. Throw the pellet gun in the river.

Eddie

Waste the bird quickly and quietly. Do not tell anyone before or after, just do it, and don't get caught because some tree hugging witch will call the cops to be sure.

On noisy roosters:
A heavy guage pellet rifle is mandatory if yardage is over 20. A .117 will not penetrate the skull, only bounce or glance off of it, leaving scars along the side. Yes, BTDT for a period of over a yaer. When we finally decided to just go throw a blanket on the offending bird since the property owner denied ownership of the rooster and remove it to the farm store, it was noted that there were several holes on both comb and beard, and many scars along the head. Damn, I DIDN'T Miss! My Webley Vulcan's 1000fps in .177 just didn't do the job.

Noisy birds suck. We have a few hear that go on about o dark thirty...closing windows doesn't even work

Shoot the bird but just do it when the neighbors are not around one could be a tree hunger and turn you in. I agree about using a cheap pellet gun and then getting ride of it.

bottle rockets? where I live I can't get away with any kind of firearm discharge.

Sounds like a whipperwill. They're the most annoying around my neck of the woods.

make like youre the nice guy...

get into feeding the muther fucker sunflower seeds, then cap him when he thinks he,s king...

then find something to feed him to...

and on and on...

cool little game now...

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Limpkin/id
"An unusual bird of southern swamps and marshes, the Limpkin reaches the northern limits of its breeding range in Florida. There, it feeds almost exclusively on apple snails, which it extracts from their shells with its long bill. Its screaming cry is unmistakable and evocative."
It seems the screaming cry has evoked your ire.
So, unless you could figure out how apply poison to a few apple snails, you might have to shoot it.
CW

OR you could just take a breath and enjoy hearing something besides fuckin cars and bull shit running up and down the road 24/7. A Kill shot in the head of a rooster is damn near impossible, so tryin it you are just wasting your time and injuring a Fowl thats just doin what it does. Feed the roster and get you some hens to go with it eat eggs for breakfast.

OMG it is a NOISY bird...... don't be a Pussy!

Good opportunity to practice stalking, camouflage, and lying in wait with a good pellet gun. You can be the urban Carlos Hathcock of the VC bird population. We will need confirmation of each kill for you to be promotion eligible.

blowgun-poison.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bottle rockets? where I live I can't get away with any kind of firearm discharge. </div></div>

I guess you didn't see where I live...

LOL

LOL!!!

this is the bird, he even has his own youtube video!!!

I just found this while googling the sound of the bird...

apparently the other commenteers are having problems getting some sleep too!!!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zGm6BBX3rxw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zGm6BBX3rxw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

the comments
laugh.gif

This thing has been keeping me up at 3 in the&#65279; morning just about every night and keeps going on ALL day long! I'm soooo happy I finally know what animal I despise the most!

This bird has been keeping me up for the last 2 weeks and I live in Boca Raton too. My daughter thinks this bird is probably mating with our bird or definitely related. Lately&#65279; it has been most of the night. I need some sleep....

To much talk & not enough shooting . Just Do it . It wont be your proudest moment for your memories but you got to do, what needs to be done .
Just Never Ever talk about it to any of your Neighbors even if they are friendly .

I had a similar deal earlier in this week with having to Cap 7 Raccoons @ my house & in my neighborhood in the night . & 4 of them were only about a month old . & Was not easy to Cap the little ones point-blank with there little eyes staring-up @ me thew the NV .
FuckIt This Is Not a Wildlife Refuge that I am paying the Mortgage on . & sometimes you pull your Skirt up & do it because it's your property & animal nuisance is aggravating to say the least . Coons were living under my neighbors Porch & under my back shed plus they SHIT big marker piles all over my front landscape & run ramped all over .

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQpML5dTnCU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQpML5dTnCU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>