• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I'm bored. Does this even exist Re: duty holster for Beretta or Glock with compensator?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Wanted to dick around with putting a compensator on either my M9A3 or my Glock19 for the hell of it.

The thing that's been holding me back from these shenanigans is the obvious lack of duty type (retention) holsters that would even remotely fit one. Most of the Safariland holsters I use have the screw right below where the barrel sits, making it impossible to holster a compensated pistol.

The only other options I've come across is either a 'custom' holster, which I am not a fan of as they all have passive retention besides the fact that most custom kydex looks like shit and is too big for what it is, or possibly a Serpa (not a fan either) holster because it seems that some variants have a non tapered opening on the muzzle end.

Would the peasant level Serpa work? Any other ideas for this craziness?

I believe the safariland holsters I have are open bottom. Not sure which specific model, it has a thumb retention release.

The only plastic type holster I have with me at the moment is a fobus (friction, not locking retention). It is open bottom.

There are numerous holsters from Safariland which will fit most comps. Which compensator are you planning on using? If it matches the same profile as the slide then any retention holster that fits a G34 will also fit a G19+compensator.

Reactions: vortexyz
    ClangClang is right. If you run a kkm or a tbrci on a g19 it should fit in a g34 safariland with little to no mods.

Just looked at my Safarilands.

For my Beretta its in 3084 which is heavily tapered/modeled to close to almost the same diameter of the muzzle/barrel. For my Glock 19 its a 6354 with the RMR cut that has a 1x1 square block infront of the muzzle.

For either one, which Safariland should work? I don't have a Comp selected for either yet because of this exact reason.

PM sent. I have a similiar setup for a 92A1. I believe the 92A1 and M9A3 have the same trigger guard and know they have the same forward rail.

I'm pretty sure you can order the same model (6354DO) in a g34 length that would serve your purpose. You could try taking the muzzle block out, but I'm not sure if that would mess with the retention.

Yup it’s all in the muzzle block. A G34 duty holster will fit a G19 with a micro comp. The block doesn’t tie into retention.
    You can try calling Holsterops for a block kit.

You can try calling Holsterops for a block kit.

Are they still in business? I tried calling yesterday and the phone number was out of service and the web store would not check me out......

That I don’t know.. they are ran by Safariland as a separate entity.

Wow, that I did not know. Might be that the toll free number doesn't work up here in Canukistan. The web store appeared to be Shopify aka the devil, so maybe they didn't switch over before the hammer was dropped.

Wow, that I did not know. Might be that the toll free number doesn't work up here in Canukistan. The web store appeared to be Shopify aka the devil, so maybe they didn't switch over before the hammer was dropped.
    I called Safariland to get holster parts and they also referred me to them. For some reason they didn’t want to sell me holster parts.

Gcode.

I can post pics of my G21 with it if ya want to see it.

Why a comp on a G19? Just curious.
    My 21 is a 460 conversion so its necessary.

It's just fun. My buddy had a tbrci comp on a g17 mos and the recoil impulse was noticeably different. I'm not saying it's necessary (in b4 all the "9mm doesn't need a comp if you're not a girly man) but for screwing around on a plate rack or something I can see the merit.

Reactions: 021411
    Yeah its basically because...why not?

Both the 19x and M9A3 I can shoot very fast. It's 50% Leon the Professional and 50% because its America.

If I do it on the Glock, I'd almost want to keep my cartel gangster theme going and have it refinished in TiN

So has anyone been able to figure out what (hopefully Safariland) holster model/version would work with a comp and a Glock 19x or a M9A3?

That looks like it may work. Curious to see what Safariland holster would work but at least we have the GCode option it seems.

Whats the go to Glock comp; or does it really not matter? Was looking at the Agency, Zev, KKM, all seem to be the same.

Mine is from Lone Wolf. Its big.

Of course it is for a tad more than a 9mm. I havent looked at their smaller ones.
    Got my barrel from them too. Its quite accurate.

That looks like it may work. Curious to see what Safariland holster would work but at least we have the GCode option it seems.

Whats the go to Glock comp; or does it really not matter? Was looking at the Agency, Zev, KKM, all seem to be the same.
    Boils down to profile and ports. I have an Arc Sparc-M on my play G19.

Boils down to profile and ports. I have an Arc Sparc-M on my play G19.

Think I was looking at that one as well; its the one that comes in gold right? May be a bit of a selling point for me :p

Comparing it to the others, size wise, is it bigger/smaller than most? Trying to keep the profile and length to somewhat of a minimum to not screw up the chance of it fitting a holster.

Reactions: tnichols
    Think I was looking at that one as well; its the one that comes in gold right? May be a bit of a selling point for me :p

Comparing it to the others, size wise, is it bigger/smaller than most? Trying to keep the profile and length to somewhat of a minimum to not screw up the chance of it fitting a holster.
    It’s low profile and no wider than the slide. I can get more pics if you want.

I suck at Glock ID; is that a 19?

And did the Safariland have the muzzle block in it like mine does for the 19?

I suck at Glock ID; is that a 19?

And did the Safariland have the muzzle block in it like mine does for the 19?
    Yup it’s a G19. The holster has a small block in it to fit a G34 but also gives room for the G19 w/ a micro comp. The block has nothing to do with the retention. It’s just a place for the muzzle to rest on and provides some structural rigidity at the muzzle end of the holster.

Glock 17/22 length slide and barrel on the right. The G19 w/ comp on the left. G34 holster generally is compatible with the G19.

View attachment 7042618
    Glock 17/22 length slide and barrel on the right. The G19 w/ comp on the left. G34 holster generally is compatible with the G19.

This is what I was thinking, a lot of those comps are just like extensions on the slide and I bet a G17 or maybe G34 holster would work.

I DO know that there are holsters made to accept suppressors and I mean long, full length kydex shit all the way to skeleton rigs for competition. I'm sure one of those skeleton types would work for you, they'll fit damn near anything you can put on a pistol. Can't recall the mfg.'s. Sorry about that --I tend to use the lvl. 2 Serpa for anything open or outside and Milt Sparks VM2's for my serious daily carry shit. I doubt they'd make a custom rig given what you'd be asking, but it's worth a shot. Saying you want IWB.

I know what you mean about the cheap custom kydex but there are some good mfg.'s I've seen, again, not privy to them. It's been so long since I even looked at another holster after going Milt Sparks. But if your pistol will fit a G17 rig comfortably, then your options just opened up a lot.

Finally, I bet you could call the mfg. of the brake and see what they say --I'm sure they've heard it more than once.