• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I'm living National Lampoon's Christmas Vacatiom

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    So my company does reviews and raises at Christmas .My Boss shows up the day before our Christmas Party to give me the talk . " Great job , we appreciate all your hard work " . Then tells me 5 percent is my raise . Not shabby as I'm up in the pay scale . 18 yrs in . Fuck yeah I'll take it .
    Fast forward second week O January when the raise hits or not . Hey Boss where's my raise . " No problem you're right I'll fix it . " End of the day " yeah , no . Mistake you don't get that ".
    Talk to the VP he says he'll talk to CEO sorry , mistake . 4 bidnit days later . Yeah , nope . 1 percent .
    In July I was given a raise for Employee Retention to reflect the wage offset . 4 percent .
    They're telling me that oh we made a mistake blah blah blah . How the eff do you tell someone " Merry Christmas , hey this is yours you earned it " then tell them yeah fuck off .

I am a CNC Service Engineer by specialty . I am responsible for all of the maintenance in my plant plus CNC machines in 2 other plants . I am the only Maintenance Lead that launches and manages projects , does cost savings projects , does not rely on outside contractors for my day to day and I could go on .
    Time for a new gig . Man I an fuckin Gob Fuckin Smacked .
    We did a break down on costs and I save these guys about $5,000 a week just in labor .
    Just did a ball screw , nut and bearings replacement . Axis zero offset was off . Instead of doing factory procedure that would have effed up all the TLO's and workshift geometries , I cheated the Z Axis Zero Offset (an encoder pulse value ) and re established thed original Z Zero . Factory tech would have zero's everything and said good luck . These guys are in for a rude awakening .
    My subordinate doesn't work OT and bails in the middle of large repairs . Young guy .
    Fuck it .

CEO's don't get to their position by understanding how much money you save the company, any of them, ever.
    Unfortunately that's obvious . They don't realize that when a machine goes down ; I'm right there not two to three weeks out .
    I order parts next day early am . Big five day repairs are $9,000 . We had one because they sent an incomplete spindle then charged us to have a tech install some shit to get warranty . Tech missed that the drawbar was fuckin bent and chased it for days . Company ate bad drawbar and Tech mistake . Incompetence pays evidently .

yeah thats shady and creates resentment. hard to get over that. I would test the waters to see whats out there. if you find some better options at least you'll have leverage to go back to your VPs and CEOs and put their feet to the fire. they messed up wrote a check that they weren't prepared to cash and should make it right.

yeah thats shady and creates resentment. hard to get over that. I would test the waters to see whats out there. if you find some better options at least you'll have leverage to go back to your VPs and CEOs and put their feet to the fire. they messed up wrote a check that they weren't prepared to cash and should make it right.
    My resume is pulling $42-45 an hr on Zip and $105,000 plus salaried .
    It's not even about the money right now . I've never in my life been done so dirty . Hell I was in the music industry when I was young . They had a saying . We are gonna beat you up . Really bad . You'll survive and at some point make some money . They openly told you we're gonna fuck you .
    If I do travel or can bypass union bullshit and hook up in Texas my skillset is pulling $60 an hr . I'm a douche nozzle for not going to Texas 20 years ago .
    Edit : I'm considering relocating myself for a payday and sending money back to wife and kids in Pa.

I feel ya, I and about 30 others got the heave ho last week. "Christmas season didnt go as well as we hoped" I was the longest term employee with the most experience and highest salary, produced the most work and repaired the difficult watches. Also had the most factory certs. Fortunately there arent a lot of us running around. Plenty of work for me in my area.
    The other people are computer, photographers, sales and other support staff.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    It's not even about the money right now . I've never in my life been done so dirty . Hell I was in the music industry when I was young . They had a saying . We are gonna beat you up . Really bad . You'll survive and at some point make some money . They openly told you we're gonna fuck you .
    If I do travel or can bypass union bullshit and hook up in Texas my skillset is pulling $60 an hr . I'm a douche nozzle for not going to Texas 20 years ago .
    Edit : I'm considering relocating myself for a payday and sending money back to wife and kids in Pa.

The no state income tax in Texas will save you a fair bit of money.
    You might eventually want to see if the wife and kids will move down to TX because working in TX full time while your family lives fulltime in PA is going to be a bit tough on you.

Reactions: Maggot
    agree that was a complete shit way for them to treat you

Either you take it or you don't

The people that control the money at your company don't care and to them everyone is replaceable (and you are, everyone is)

Well, at least no one's shooting at you.
    I work in Trenton NJ . So maybe not intended for me . Just drive around at 5 am and see all the intersections where the spotlights are still up from last night's festivities . Funny how Trenton isn't listed like Philly , Chiraq etc but man they be shooting motherfucker .

I got an email from my contractor boss today, "Thanks for a Great year!, attached is a letter from the company on your pay raise." .97%...better than a sharp stick in the eye, but seriously, "thanks for a great year", I got you a pay raise...it's less than 1%. The ol' military "more with less" mantra.

• Sad
    Reactions: camocorvette
    I got an email from my contractor boss today, "Thanks for a Great year!, attached is a letter from the company on your pay raise." .97%...better than a sharp stick in the eye, but seriously, "thanks for a great year", I got you a pay raise...it's less than 1%. The ol' military "more with less" mantra.

In a year when inflation went up by 10% so they are essentially giving you a paycut

PA is eff'ed anyway. Bail sooner rather than later

sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise and just the push we need to level up in life. its far too easy to get comfortable and content to just get by while the machine drains the life out of you. the fucked up thing is if you gathered all the higher ups in a conference room how many can do your job and then how many of theirs could you do?

So my company does reviews and raises at Christmas .My Boss shows up the day before our Christmas Party to give me the talk . " Great job , we appreciate all your hard work " . Then tells me 5 percent is my raise . Not shabby as I'm up in the pay scale . 18 yrs in . Fuck yeah I'll take it .
    Fast forward second week O January when the raise hits or not . Hey Boss where's my raise . " No problem you're right I'll fix it . " End of the day " yeah , no . Mistake you don't get that ".
    Talk to the VP he says he'll talk to CEO sorry , mistake . 4 bidnit days later . Yeah , nope . 1 percent .
    In July I was given a raise for Employee Retention to reflect the wage offset . 4 percent .
    They're telling me that oh we made a mistake blah blah blah . How the eff do you tell someone " Merry Christmas , hey this is yours you earned it " then tell them yeah fuck off .

I am a CNC Service Engineer by specialty . I am responsible for all of the maintenance in my plant plus CNC machines in 2 other plants . I am the only Maintenance Lead that launches and manages projects , does cost savings projects , does not rely on outside contractors for my day to day and I could go on .
    We did a break down on costs and I save these guys about $5,000 a week just in labor .
    Just did a ball screw , nut and bearings replacement . Axis zero offset was off . Instead of doing factory procedure that would have effed up all the TLO's and workshift geometries , I cheated the Z Axis Zero Offset (an encoder pulse value ) and re established thed original Z Zero . Factory tech would have zero's everything and said good luck . These guys are in for a rude awakening .
    My subordinate doesn't work OT and bails in the middle of large repairs . Young guy .
    Fuck it .
    I got your back bro!
    What is your bosses address?

downloadfile-14.jpg

sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise and just the push we need to level up in life. its far too easy to get comfortable and content to just get by while the machine drains the life out of you. the fucked up thing is if you gathered all the higher ups in a conference room how many can do your job and then how many of theirs could you do?
    Thats how I ended up in Oklahoma. Which I've fondly nick named 'Taxahoma;.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
    I work in Trenton NJ . So maybe not intended for me . Just drive around at 5 am and see all the intersections where the spotlights are still up from last night's festivities . Funny how Trenton isn't listed like Philly , Chiraq etc but man they be shooting motherfucker .
    Trenton is the nice part of town, Camden was the rough part of Town even the NJ Troopers left that jungle.

At an old company I worked at we spent like 4 years negotiating a new union contract... my pay raise on 10 year pay scale was 9 FUCKING CENTS... not 9 PERCENT... 9c...$0.09... fucking 9... This was on a mid 80 dollar an hour pay rate, so like .01%... and shockingly that wasnt the worst part of the steaming pile of shit that they sent out to the union members to vote on... lets say it got voted down by like 85% no votes on 5k employees... then we recalled every union fucker all the way up to the president...

So some times its not even the company CEO/CFO that is trying to fuck you... some times your own union "brothers" are the ones doing the fucking...

The no state income tax in Texas will save you a fair bit of money.
    You might eventually want to see if the wife and kids will move down to TX because working in TX full time while your family lives fulltime in PA is going to be a bit tough on you.
    Just watch out for the school and property taxes. They always find a way to relieve you of what you earned...

Reactions: BufordTJustice
    .97% in a year with 6.5% inflation. You basically took a 5.5% pay cut, and they want to pretend like they're doing you a favor.

There are times i'm glad I work for myself....and plenty of times I wish I had a regular job, because then I would have set hours. Now I work all the time, but I also get to not work when I just don't feel like it, so it just kinda works out in the end I suppose.

Branden

As I've heard from a Russian, many years ago:

"They pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work"

I realize that goes against most folks here integrity,,,,, but there's also something to the premise, eh?

Fuck it .
    When you are that critical to the operation they will never admit it to you. You have to leave onto better things and be confident you are correct. It’s the only way to not lose some of yourself fighting a battle that you cannot win.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    there has been no better time since i have been alive (50 years) for a person with real skillz to be looking for a job. and if you are willing to move for the job? shiiiiiiit.......this is going to be a blessing for you when you look back in 5 years.

i left my job of 26 years about a year and a half ago. i am pissed that i didnt leave 15 years ago. every day you waste working for these maggots is a day you could have been working at a new gig where you are paid and appreciated.

just do your research on where you might move to and be smart otherwise. you are going to be SHOCKED at what other companies are going to offer you.

I hope you get the best possible job and make a ton of money.

Just don’t think they’ll miss you when you’re gone. They won’t give a shìt.

Reactions: Emerson0311
    Very politely show them the math of how much you save the company and how much it will cost to replace you. Do NOT tell them the details of how you save that money or they will use it as a playbook to instruct the contractors they have to pay to keep the place running in your absence. Then politely ask for the raise promised. If they say no, then tell them you will consider returning for the original raise plus a one time retention bonus equivalent to what you save the company every six months. Hand in your resignation and walk. If you give them two weeks they may just find an excise to let you go so they don't have to pay unemployment, etc.

I can only guarantee my advice is worth what you have paid me for it.

Very politely show them the math of how much you save the company and how much it will cost to replace you. Do NOT tell them the details of how you save that money or they will use it as a playbook to instruct the contractors they have to pay to keep the place running in your absence. Then politely ask for the raise promised. If they say no, then tell them you will consider returning for the original raise plus a one time retention bonus equivalent to what you save the company every six months. Hand in your resignation and walk. If you give them two weeks they may just find an excise to let you go so they don't have to pay unemployment, etc.

imo, management won’t care. If it makes you feel better, then go for it, but it won’t matter in the end. Doubt the brass will remember it by the next cup of coffee. At least that’s my experience.

Different industry but, several years ago, was in charge of the operation of multi-million dollar equipment, employees, directly affecting the bottom line of the company. Went over and beyond the call of duty several times, to have the company president stop me one day and say, “job well done, wish we had 10 more like you.” 6 months later, the girl slapping stickers on boxes got $1000 more on her Christmas bonus (bonus’s weren’t that great) because she had 6 months company seniority on me. Fast forward a few years, I was in charge of training certificated and specific skill set employees. Long hours, like 6 days a week 12-14 hours a day. Great money, but the hours took its toll. I told my supervisor I needed a break, took a step back. The brass noticed, offered multiple management positions, which I turned down as it would’ve have been a pay cut (salary with a title vs hourly, think about the bonus’s they said) they had shown their colors. Left a few months later. In a much better spot now, with the experience under my belt adding to my value.

Who or what initiated this retention raise? An action on your part created that raise? Or did the company initiate that raise on their own?

Is Union in control of your pay scale?
    What has your union steward or rep (whatever theyre called) had to say about this bait and switch mistake?

Keep the family together. Trust me on that, even if it means staying put at this company longer than you prefer.

Respectfully, your method assumes the company cares. I believe they've already shown they don't which could move him into the category of a complainer or high maintenance annoying employee who won't let this pay "mistake" go and put it behind him.

I suggest holding off on any comms up the chain until emotions cool down and the resume is polished and published with a deep review of potential alternate employers. Going back to the chain again is going to show his cards while annoying a group of people that don't like annoyances.

Reactions: BJames
    It sucks. I know.
    So....after 18 years....is this the first time you've been F'ed?
    I spent 30+ years working for local municipalities. After 18 years, I was stump broke...didnt even grunt anymore.
    To the point where you don't even look around ask if they are in because you cannot feel it anymore. You could have a colonoscopy without anaesthesia.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
    I work for my stepdads and his brothers in the oilfield. My stepbrother and 2 cousins and another cousins husband got a $3.50 an hour raise. I was the only one bringing in new work. I hustled up my own accounts while the others were handed thiers. I found out 9 months later when my lil bbrotherdecides he is feeling guilty . When i ask about mine all they said was ooops we must have forgot. I was working , living in a camper away from home 340 plus days a year. I ask if i got back paid for the time that lapsed.A huge NO followed. The others were receiving 6% of thier total tickets plus home nightly from accounts they were gufted. I was told id get 3% , not of the total ticket but 3% of the billable workers wages. I feel youre pain.