• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So, I've got a SN-4 US Optics 1.5-6 coming

bonesaw5

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
Wilmington, NC
I'm mainly going to use it for 3-gun. Is the 1.5 as opposed to 1 gonna mess with me much at close range?
I've got offset sights so I'm not too worried but...

You should have gotten one of these:

Here's why:

No wait, that scope would be on your rifle already.

True 1X.

Huge eye box, bigger than my SN-4.

Brighter than my SN-4.

I don't know how much you paid, the Vortex is $1400, delivered. In like 3 days.

The one advantage of the SN-4 with the JNG reticle, is that it has hashmarks you can use it for ranging. But to me, on a .223 rifle, from 0-300 yards, you're not going to be doing a bunch of hold over calculations.

Enjoy your new USO.

The USO is a true miltary grade, SHTF scope while the Vortex only serves as a gun game scope. The Vortex has a BDC only reticle and weighs 24 ox. without mount. While it offers good clarity and a daylight visible dot, had Vortex put in a capable ranging reticle, reduced the weight, and offered it in black as well, they would have had a solid offering.

You have to decide the best scope to fit your needs.

gun games - Vortex

SHTF use and durability - USO

1.5x will not hurt you a bit... I use a 1.5 x 6 on my duty AR. Use it indoors, active shooter response, etc. as well as outdoors at longer DM ranges. It has a CQB reticle, designed by Doc. Yours will be utterly perfect for your three-gun and will always be a valuable piece of kit.

For very close range... get used to the scope height (over the bore) and make the adjustments in your head. At 5 yards... put that reticle high! Know your scope reticle center to bore center distance... compensate as needed.

USO is a no-excuses piece of gear. You will never be sorry.

Cheers,

Sirhr