• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So my left-leaning brother-in-law just doesn't know what to say

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
So he has been anti-gun as long as I have known him since he married my sister. It's not even a topic that can be brought up during family get-togethers. I go over to my sister's house for my mother's birthday and there he is espousing how brave and wonderful the Ukrainian people are for defending their homeland against that evil bastard Putin! I wholeheartedly agree.
I point out that they're handing out fully-automatic weapons, machineguns, at police stations. They're ging them to civilians. I ask him would he fight in the streets for his country?
He jumps on it and says not only yes but hell yes!
I said, huh, that's funny. You told me there was something wrong with me for owning guns. Is there still something wrong with me? Oh, by the way. I'm looking to see if there are groups forming here. like there are in Europe. to open their homes to the Ukrainian refugees. Are you in? You have a big house. He didn't say shit.

Don't waste your time trying to change his mind . Pointing and laughing is far more rewarding at least I would think so the icing on the cake to me would be if he the mader he got the more I would point and laugh at him . tears are salty droplets of love , keep pushing on over the edge it's only a brother in law he will get over your picking on him some day if not that's his problem .

How can they praise and pray for the brave Ukrainian people on one hand and take away the very things that allow us to defend ourselves with the other?

Ok, here nice oppressed people. Take this Javalin missile and go blow up that nasty Russian tank. Oh, and when you're done, please hand over the ultra-dangerous Makarov handgun that causes "gun violence". You might harm someone.

Good Lord, I would have a field day with your brother-in-law. Oh the fun I would have!!

It's going to be awkward after the war in Ukraine when the left have to go back to being against nationalism, borders, and an armed citizenry.

They think nothing of their hypocrisy.

I have a coworker who's voted for Hillary she supports gun control.

One day she decided she needed a gun. Picked a Beretta 92 but has others now.

After this covid crap and the BLM summer of mostly peaceful violence and arson she couldn't get a pistol, let alone ammo. I gave her a box of 9mm.

Reactions: stefan73
How can they praise and pray for the brave Ukrainian people on one hand and take away the very things that allow us to defend ourselves with the other?

Ok, here nice oppressed people. Take this Javalin missile and go blow up that nasty Russian tank. Oh, and when you're done, please hand over the ultra-dangerous Makarov handgun that causes "gun violence". You might harm someone.

Don't forget they are dumping Russian vodka down the drain while buying Russian gas at the pump. Biden has doubled his imports of Russian oil.

A Makarov saved my life one time.

Reactions: stefan73
I look at oil and gas as a big commodity pool. You have no idea where the gas you're buying is coming from. The key point is not to let Puttin sell it. Removing his fuck face from SWIFT pretty much kills his ability to trade crude for hard cash. Turning it in to Rubles is pointless. He might as well trade it for clams.

The smart move would be to temporarily turn lose our oil and gas drilling people and squeeze every drop and whiff of oil and gas out the ground here in the U.S. and fill that void...even subsidize it if we have to. Let Puttin drown and suffocate in his oil and gas and not be able to sell it.

I say temporary because let's face it. That crap will eventually kill us all. I'm a car guy. I've owned Detroit muscle a more than a couple of European semi-exotic cars but I'm here to tell you. My recently quired Tesla Model S puts them all to shame. Slow, noisy, antiquated shame. After owning an electric car I can't imagine going back to an internal combustion-engined vehicle. I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.

So he has been anti-gun as long as I have known him since he married my sister. It's not even a topic that can be brought up during family get-togethers. I go over to my sister's house for my mother's birthday and there he is espousing how brave and wonderful the Ukrainian people are for defending their homeland against that evil bastard Putin! I wholeheartedly agree.
I point out that they're handing out fully-automatic weapons, machineguns, at police stations. They're ging them to civilians. I ask him would he fight in the streets for his country?
He jumps on it and says not only yes but hell yes!
I said, huh, that's funny. You told me there was something wrong with me for owning guns. Is there still something wrong with me? Oh, by the way. I'm looking to see if there are groups forming here. like there are in Europe. to open their homes to the Ukrainian refugees. Are you in? You have a big house. He didn't say shit.
Did you tell your sister that they should both see other men?

Branden

“Liberalism is a mental disorder”
The real truth. Look up any disease and see how it is defined and you can apply it exactly that way to liberalism, just with different defining symptoms. It is 100% a disease, and one that can be spread to others by repeated exposure to it.

It's going to be awkward after the war in Ukraine when the left have to go back to being against nationalism, borders, and an armed citizenry.

Antagonism exists on both sides. Conservatives say shit they know will piss off Liberals and point and laugh when they get triggered. Same thing happens in reverse. I'd bet if Conservatives came out saying that ARs are evil and should be banned, Liberals would fight it and then buy up all the ARs condemning Conservatives as anti-American . Sure, it's a goofy childish game to watch, but in the end it solves nothing.

America First
Politics Last

It's just hilarious when I ask, "At what point do you think the Ukrainians should pass some strict gun control laws? I mean with all that GUN VIOLENCE over there passing a bunch of laws restricting the Russian invaders from possessing firearms should cure the whole thing, right?"

I think we have the exact scenario except my mother's birthday is still a ways away.

Just like all leftist, I was told... "There's nuance."

Nuance - it means you're wrong. You're wrong. Fuck you. Lalalalala.

How do you tell the left from the right ?

It's just hilarious when I ask, "At what point do you think the Ukrainians should pass some strict gun control laws? I mean with all that GUN VIOLENCE over there passing a bunch of laws restricting the Russian invaders from possessing firearms should cure the whole thing, right?"
everyone needs to do that far and wide.
How do you tell the left from the right ?
that is getting harder and hard these days.

I look at oil and gas as a big commodity pool. You have no idea where the gas you're buying is coming from. The key point is not to let Puttin sell it. Removing his fuck face from SWIFT pretty much kills his ability to trade crude for hard cash. Turning it in to Rubles is pointless. He might as well trade it for clams.

The smart move would be to temporarily turn lose our oil and gas drilling people and squeeze every drop and whiff of oil and gas out the ground here in the U.S. and fill that void...even subsidize it if we have to. Let Puttin drown and suffocate in his oil and gas and not be able to sell it.

I say temporary because let's face it. That crap will eventually kill us all. I'm a car guy. I've owned Detroit muscle a more than a couple of European semi-exotic cars but I'm here to tell you. My recently quired Tesla Model S puts them all to shame. Slow, noisy, antiquated shame. After owning an electric car I can't imagine going back to an internal combustion-engined vehicle. I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.
That's cool.
I "commute" from north Idaho to southeast New Mexico for work. I can make it in 27 hours in my "slow, noisy, antiquated" 750 hp 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24-valve if I restrain myself to the speed limit.
If you drove that distance in your electric hot rod, restraining yourself to the speed limit, how many hours would it take you?

That's cool.
I "commute" from north Idaho to southeast New Mexico for work. I can make it in 27 hours in my "slow, noisy, antiquated" 750 hp 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24-valve if I restrain myself to the speed limit.
If you drove that distance in your electric hot rod, restraining yourself to the speed limit, how many hours would it take you?

Since driving straight for 27 hours would be considered by many, to be dangerous to yourself and others (and of course illegal for commercial drivers), I'm assuming you stop for the night somewhere along the way?

If that's the case, then it would depend on if someone doing a similar journey got a hotel where they had charging for EVs or not, if so, then probably no difference in travel time.

But either way, right now EVs are best suited for people that live in an urban / suburban area and are not doing more than a couple hundred miles a day and are generally home every night, and either have a second vehicle, or the means to afford renting one if needed for long haul trips.

not sure what happened that your sister married him in the first place. I've raised my kids to understand that liberalism is a mental disorder and they are not to bring home democrats. I've explained through history, example etc. just how dangerous they are to your freedoms. Now when someone cuts us off in a car, they quip, 'must a damn liberal' lol

seriously, I told them in college, bang them, just don't like them haahahahahahaha

Sorry you have one of those. My wife's two asshole sons are hard left and married leftist whores, all Bernie Sanders bullshit, all the time. They hunt but think like Fudd's, no one should own more than a shotgun, 30-naught-6 and a 22 rifle, pistols are for killing, blah, blah, blah, blah ,blah. One wife is literally, "ashamed to be white" and completely ashamed of her privilege. The other is ashamed of her Trump voting dad and her parents don't realize they are despised by her and her asshole husband.

There is no reasoning with them so I stopped talking to them years ago. One of the wives was offended that I make far more than they do and do not donate my money to them, the others were offended because I do not give it to charity. One year I donated heavily to the FFA high school trap team and that made their fucking heads explode. I was teaching future mass shooters, blah, blah,, blah, blah.

Wanna really start a fight, show them some, "science". They believe in science ya know..........................................until science proves them wrong.

These two idiots never realized their mom was conservative growing up, like all leftists they believed everyone thinks like them or should be forced too. They think I slipped her the conservative mickey in a drink or something.

They think nothing of their hypocrisy.

I have a coworker who's voted for Hillary she supports gun control.

One day she decided she needed a gun. Picked a Beretta 92 but has others now.

After this covid crap and the BLM summer of mostly peaceful violence and arson she couldn't get a pistol, let alone ammo. I gave her a box of 9mm.

If it wasn't for their double standards the libtards would have not standards.

One thing to keep in mind is that honey catches more flies. There are times when people do change. Be open to that.

• Wow
Reactions: Steel+Killer
My leftist brother and his wife are so rabidly left that you cannot have a civil conversation about anything before it turns into an outright political rant. Their faces turn red and their voices get louder as they begin to hyperventilate. They lose their freakin' minds over the idea that not everyone is vaccinated and wearing two masks at the same time. I've completely written them off.

My leftist brother and his wife are so rabidly left that you cannot have a civil conversation about anything before it turns into an outright political rant. Their faces turn red and their voices get louder as they begin to hyperventilate. They lose their freakin' minds over the idea that not everyone is vaccinated and wearing two masks at the same time. I've completely written them off.
Keeping calm drives them nuts.
Ramp shit up to defcon 5 then leave.
Smile on way home.
Know you are living in their heads for at least two weeks.
One must enjoy the little things.

R

Upper deck their shitters too.

That's cool.

Since driving straight for 27 hours would be considered by many, to be dangerous to yourself and others (and of course illegal for commercial drivers), I'm assuming you stop for the night somewhere along the way?

If that's the case, then it would depend on if someone doing a similar journey got a hotel where they had charging for EVs or not, if so, then probably no difference in travel time.

But either way, right now EVs are best suited for people that live in an urban / suburban area and are not doing more than a couple hundred miles a day and are generally home every night, and either have a second vehicle, or the means to afford renting one if needed for long haul trips.
The argument between EV and fossil fuel burning cars is stupid. You can either poison the ground or poison the air, one of those vehicles currently does both. I’ll let you guys figure out which one it is.

Reactions: Carlos Danger
Upper deck their shitters too.
I haven't been to their home in 10 yrs or more.
They came to our home for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for the past 30 yrs - until Trump's first year in office. At Thanksgiving they started to go "Orange Man Bad" ranting, and I told them to either STFU or leave. They left. They haven't been back. Good fucking riddance.

I haven't been to their home in 10 yrs or more.
They came to our home for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for the past 30 yrs - until Trump's first year in office. At Thanksgiving they started to go "Orange Man Bad" ranting, and I told them to either STFU or leave. They left. They haven't been back. Good fucking riddance.
you sir have my respect as you kept your dignity and household clean. More people should have those balls

That's cool.
You got 40spline cv’s in the front?

The argument between EV and fossil fuel burning cars is stupid. You can either poison the ground or poison the air, one of those vehicles currently does both. I’ll let you guys figure out which one it is.

I guess we could start up the debate on if fracking and other oil drilling methods poisons the ground, contaminates the water supplies, makes people have toxic water, soil or air.

Then we could go on to the refineries and debate about how they pump large amounts of toxins into the air, ground and water.

There really isn't any "good guys".
We need energy and the getting, storing, transporting and using of energy gets a bit messy.

I guess we could start up the debate on if fracking and other oil drilling methods poisons the ground, contaminates the water supplies, makes people have toxic water, soil or air.

Then we could go on to the refineries and debate about how they pump large amounts of toxins into the air, ground and water.

There really isn't any "good guys".
We need energy and the getting, storing, transporting and using of energy gets a bit messy.
It's odd that the natural earth-created material we take out of the ground - is considered a contaminant once it gets above ground.

That has been one positive from this Virus nonsense. It brought a lot of these nuts right out into the open. I have friends and family of all manner of opinion on the subject, as they are entitled to be. They live as they see fit and I do the same. No problems either way.

But there are a few who have lost it and decided they get to make decisions for me or my family. Cant do this without a mask, vaccine. One even went as far as saying I would need to go get tested before attending something. For whatever this issue has brought them out in the open like never before. They have no idea that our relationships are basically over in my mind, my opinion of them forever changed.

The problem and divide in this country comes from intake of information. People tend to believe what they see.There is an organized psychological campaign to misinform and push an agenda and play human psyche.

"The illusory truth effect, also known as the illusion of truth, describes how, when we hear the same false information repeated again and again, we often come to believe it is true. Troublingly, this even happens when people should know better—that is, when people initially know that the misinformation is false."

Then there are those who strive to seek the truth and think free of the agenda. I don't blame people for falling under the spell of propoganda. It's honestly not their fault.

That has been one positive from this Virus nonsense. It brought a lot of these nuts right out into the open. I have friends and family of all manner of opinion on the subject, as they are entitled to be. They live as they see fit and I do the same. No problems either way.

But there are a few who have lost it and decided they get to make decisions for me or my family. Cant do this without a mask, vaccine. One even went as far as saying I would need to go get tested before attending something. For whatever this issue has brought them out in the open like never before. They have no idea that our relationships are basically over in my mind, my opinion of them forever changed.
It's simple. No one on the Conservative side of the fence will ever change their (a liberal's) mind.

Just quietly walk away and never look back. My wife and I did with some "friends" at the beginning of covid (primarily because of the vax vs Hydroxychloroquine bullshit) and haven't looked back since. It's like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders.

Last edited:

So...let's split that 27 hours in half just for the sake of your argument.
Is there an electric vehicle that can drive for 13.5 hours, maintaining the speed limit, before stopping for the night?

Reactions: jakelly and Bender

Who can't do that trip with 6 Monsters, 10 Skor bars and 5 Whatchamacallits? ;) :D

It's working!!
The political class has divided the country to make war amongst themselves as they sit back and rub their hands like Nancy piglosi the other night.
It isn't the divide itself that is the issue. One side is all too happy to tread on and remove your constitutional rights. You have to draw a line at some point. Mine is when family members are cheering on having my rights removed. I don't even look at it as making a choice. They made the choice for me.

What I have learned about liberals is that they are devoid of any moral or ethical foundation. What they consider facts and logic, are what the rest of us call emotions. Liberals can support any cause, even if they are opposing, because that's just the way they feel.

Example Obummer Care: Liberals can support it because they are unemployed and free health care is the right of all people. Liberals can be against OC when they have a job and have to pay for all the lazy people that don't pay in.

Example 2. The state of New Mexico has more free-loaders (and not paying taxes) than employed. The oil and gas industry pays in about $2,2 B to state taxes, but the majority (liberals) in NM want to shut them down. And they have no idea how that revenue will be replaced.

"Socialism is great until you run out of other people's money." MT

"Divide and conquer." SZ

It's simple. No one on the Conservative side of the fence will ever change their mind.

Just quietly walk away and never look back. My wife and I did with some "friends" at the beginning of covid (primarily because of the vax vs Hydroxychloroquine bullshit) and haven't looked back since. It's like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders.
That's because consevatives have facts and reality on their side, while leftys are purely emotional.
That's why they're often hypocritical. Ban guns to save children, but don't mess with our "right" to abortion.