• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So My Wife Called me out on my man purse!!

wkahler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2006
Englewood, Ohio
So what this means is i need to make it right! I recently started carrying my Maxpedition for work. Short back story.....I tend to carry every day seeing as i work on vacant/foreclosed homes in the inner city of Dayton/Cincinnati. Also do inspections/occupancy verification so i carry as often and anywhere it is legal.
What i need is a idea and pictures would be great as to what you guys carry in your daily bail out bag or Maxpeditionn type case. I carry my Glock, extra magazines, blackhawk flash light, fixed blade knife and extra batteries. I still have a lot of space to fill but also don't want to carry to much or to little. So was looking to see if you guys can support the cause of the Maxpedtion and let me help her see its not a man purse!!!

Re: So My Wife Called me out on my man purse!!

I use the same bag but I'm using it while I'm overseas. I've got 4 M4 mags, 6 Glock 19 mags, a map, a notepad with pens, extra tourniquet, lighter, bottle of water, flashlight, extra batteries for light and optics, and a radio.
When I'm home, I always carry everything on my belt. Having this bag is an oppurtunity for an attempted snatching/robbing, just like a womans purse. It's also much slower to access your weapon. If this is the only way for you to carry then it's fine, but I prefer not to have my sidearm off my person.

I sometimes carry a courier bag because it's less of a purse and it doesn't make idiots nervous on the street. It also doesn't aggravate the pinched nerve in my shoulder, so win-win. I use an eagle (Natchez clearance ftw!) for my active shooter bag, and I use a cheapo knockoff one (think what hipsters carry, but without the face of che or mao, lol).

some things in mine:
*notebook
*pens
*boker flashlight (6p clone)
*mini-survival kit (altoids tin)
*medical supplies for basic first aid (bandaids, butterfly closures, gauze, superglue, advil, asprin, etc.)
*iphone cord
*book (whatever i'm reading at the moment)
*cliff bars
*nalgene

sometimes:
*toshiba "satellight" (the <4lb. pound one) laptop & cord
*wireless mouse

whenever possible:
*mags for 1911 (concealed in a SERPA on me)
*kershaw blackout knife
heavy duty zip-ties (think flexicuff)

I carry it for work simply because i am in and out of my truck with sometimes long drive times in between. Just easier for me to sling it across the seat and when i get out just throw it on across my self. I tent to like the comfort factory of not having all the on me while driving. On a normal day of carry i carry it on my person with pocket benchmade and extra mag on the belt. Sometimes i have my surefire backup light in my pocket along with a pen and small note pad.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuygRWVwuUI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuygRWVwuUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb7032</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuygRWVwuUI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuygRWVwuUI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>
Damn you YouTube!!

5.11 Select Carry Bag? You can have a pistol in the front and pretty much whatever else ou want in the back...including an MP5!

I'm not a fan of manufactured go-bags. I have not found one that is both affordable and low profile.
When I take along a go-bag for work I use a back pack or gym bag. Contents usually include a soft vest, flashlight, batteries, blowout kit, survival kit, maps, multitool, cell charger, and flex cuffs. I never keep a firearm in my bag because I wouldn't always have positive control of the bag.

Sorry to say, but if your wife thinks you look strange with your Maxpedition then other people are probably thinking the same thing. I would look for a more low profile solution.

Remember, its not a purse its a "satchel".

I use the Jumbo Versapack to carry everything since I'm in a wheelchair.I've got my wallet,keys,Spyderco,Iphone,earbuds,Nook ereader,small first aid kit,my full size 1911 and 6 reloads,PK380 and 3 reloads,flashlight,tools for my prosthetics,either my hook or hand depending on which is on my arm and a Bluetooth earpiece so I'm hands(hand)free while driving.My wife teases me about it but she always needs something I'm carrying.I've been experimenting with a Serpa but it is very uncomfortable in the chair.

Nick,

Put me down for one. I will help you out. I will force it on a couple of others as well. Lets see the prototype.

lol

I don't carry a man purse nor do I want to call myself out that much, because even the "discrete" ones are obvious. Gear what you carry to your threat level and needs, and personally I prefer holsters over bags as it will ALWAYS be on me and in the exact same position. Bags also tend to get put down a little too often.

At home I carry a G19 in a IWB holster, spare mag in the pocket, Emerson folder, and a single 123 cell flashlight. All of that is on me from the time I put my pants on in the morning until I go to bed. The car has a small emergency bag with more mags, medical kit and other tools.

I really don't see the need for carrying very much directly on my body in my day to day running around in the US, even in the bad neighborhoods. At work it's a different story though, but I don't get funny looks here either.

I use a maxpedition overseas as well, but I don't think I would use it at home. It's just too big. I put M-4 mags, maps, food, water and a ton of medical supplies in mine. I carry most of what you have listed on my belt there or in my pockets. My maxpedition bag is more of a mobile resupply cache. You should be able to get to your pistol and magazines quickly. How many people do you see carrying a maxpedition pack when you are working? The whole idea is to not stand out and to blend in. If you need more room, I think a vest like a 5.11 would stick out less than the maxpedition pack would. If you don't want to carry your pistol all the time look at a fanny pack that would just be big enough for that. You have to know though whenever I see a fanny pack I instantly consider that person armed. Its not really too concealed. You are better off with a comfortable holster and a loose shirt IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a fan of manufactured go-bags. I have not found one that is both affordable and low profile.
When I take along a go-bag for work I use a back pack or gym bag. Contents usually include a soft vest, flashlight, batteries, blowout kit, survival kit, maps, multitool, cell charger, and flex cuffs. I never keep a firearm in my bag because I wouldn't always have positive control of the bag.

Sorry to say, but if your wife thinks you look strange with your Maxpedition then other people are probably thinking the same thing. I would look for a more low profile solution. </div></div>
I'm not wearing it all the time or everywhere i go. I mainly wear to just in and out of the truck in order of convience and also for quick access. I am in and out of a lot of places that don't allow CCW so its a lot easier to take it off and one them having to unsnap my holster or store my weapon while i am in somewhere that is not catering to the CCW world!

I was at an amusement park yesterday and I have my Maxpedition Jumbo S type Versapack. I normally don't carry it, but I wanted my 1911 along with diapers and wipes for my daughter. I looked gay carrying it all day long, but I didn't have to leave our items in the stroller to be stolen by someone. It worked out fine for me....despite the comments from my wife and friend.

Long ago I stopped giving a shit what others thought about the way I dress in a casual environment.

Work or Business is different.

I just started carrying a Maxpedition Jumbo Verispack since it has been heating up, and I get tired of sweating all over my handgun.

My wife has long ago learned to live with my idiosyncrasies, especially since I have proven myself useful in several bad situations.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ymdh6jgHLNU?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Long ago I stopped giving a shit what others thought about the way I dress in a casual environment.

Work or Business is different.

I just started carrying a Maxpedition Jumbo Verispack since it has been heating up, and I get tired of sweating all over my handgun.

My wife has long ago learned to live with my idiosyncrasies, especially since I have proven myself useful in several bad situations.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ymdh6jgHLNU?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div>

My thoughts exactly. If anybody doesn't like the way I dress they can kiss it right in the brown spot. The very folks that run their mouth about my man purse would be the first to come running for either protection or to use one of the many items I carry.
Good video BTW

The men in our countries history from George Washington, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett all carry a man purse or a as it was called a nap sack.

Clothes were not design with pockets until much later.

It alright to carry these bags if you want to.

Just don't get prissy with the folks and you'll be alright.

Overseas I carried one with G19 and M4 mags, along with the usual extra stuff such as a cut down VS17 panel, additional blowout kit items, extra bottled water, ipod, snacks, pen flares, AO maps, etc.

At home, each day it goes with me in my work car. While on duty I carry a couple of guns on me. The "man purse" has a spare G19, extra mags, meds, water, and additional items I can grab from the driver's seat.

Off duty, it goes with me in my personal vehicles. While I carry a primary gun on me, having the "man purse" available, gives me access to additonal stuff.

No stranger has ever given me any crap about it.

I would carry your primary gun on your person in most situations, but if the odd social situation arises, the man purse may be an alternative.

My wife's purse has many times been the place where my 1911 or Glock has resided for an evening, while at a more formal social event. I of course have been kind enough to carry it for her, or at least placed it between us.

The situation will dicate the gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a fan of manufactured go-bags. I have not found one that is both affordable and low profile.

Sorry to say, but if your wife thinks you look strange with your Maxpedition then other people are probably thinking the same thing. I would look for a more low profile solution. </div></div>Yes, but they look cool and are tough as nails. That para-military look is just about everywhere now, even for people who are not armed. The gear is just functional as heck, so who cares how it looks. JMHO.

It is a purse.... Their is no disputing that. What's even worse is that the man purse has become the new fanny pack. The key word in CCW is concealed, if you are running around with a "tactical" purse, you might as well have a sign that says you are carrying a weapon.

Try carrying in a paddle holster if you want to put it on and off frequently, and if you insist on carrying it in a seperate bag then get a bag for another purpose that fits what you are doing; camera case, laptop bag, day planner, ect...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oneshotman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm not wearing it all the time or everywhere i go. I mainly wear to just in and out of the truck in order of convience and also for quick access. I am in and out of a lot of places that don't allow CCW so its a lot easier to take it off and one them having to unsnap my holster or store my weapon while i am in somewhere that is not catering to the CCW world!</div></div>

I can count on one hand the places i'm not allowed to take mine, which now includes my gym since thefts are way up lately.
mad.gif
Fine by me, I lock it in the console when I don't want it.

What I will say is that carrying a full size 1911 has become a real chore, i'm going to have to buy a smaller one and cut down my SERPA holster for it. I have mine on a paddle so I can take it off when I drive because it bugs the shit out of me by hitting the seatbelt and such... might be a non issue with the compact and a cut down holster.

I carry the bag sometimes but I prefer the gun on my person since I don't go in a lot of restricted zones on a day-to-day basis. Carrying it strong-side really aids with concealment and it's easy to maneuver or ditch when needed.

Dude, screw what other folks think. I have a jumbo versipack. I use it on short hikes, bouldering and it also is great at flea-markets and festivals of all sorts. I don't normally carry it because I don't normally have enough crap that won't just go into a pocket. If you like it, use it and tell your woman to shut her trap. lol, I prolly wouldn't tell her that.

bag_od_md.jpg

I use this for work. In it I carry:
-A small Toshiba laptop
-Various ethernet cables
-SPOT
-Verizon Mifi
-Springfield Micro .45 ACP and spare mag
-Sunglass case
-Flashlight
-Pens
-USB memory stick
-Gerber multi-tool
-Note page
-Color Nook (hacked with Android OS)
-Tick removal tool

Sure, I guess it's a man purse, whatever - I'm good with that. It has what I want in it.

I have a Jumbo Versa Pack. Have carried in it a few times. I mainly carry IWB, or Tommys GunPack/Fanny Pack. A large T-shirt covers all or most of the FP. I am not looking into the eyes of the sheeple to see if they care or not. I don`t give a shit. This is about me, me covering my ass, if it ever happens. And I hope it never does.

As far as the look, Dad had a poster, I am sure some of you have seem it or heard of it.

It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it. The Manbag, Man Purse, Carry All, or the one I like, " A Possibles Bag", allows one to carry gear that the sheeple would want, or love to have access to in a SHTF scenario.
Call it being prepared.

i cant believe she called you out on that! did your boyfriend atleast back you up? =P okay lets be serious getting hit with a purse hurts and from what i can tell getting shot hurts alot more, i wouldnt diss you haha

Every time I see one of those things I just can't help but think of this

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LRecos7TcA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I leave for awhile and you so called "men" are having a discussion over what kind of purses you carry.

I have currently lost all respect for this board.

All of you....Turn em in.

mancard.jpg

ROFL. I don't think it qualifies, it is intended to carry a gun... which is nothing short of opposite from the effeminate 'dudes' that might otherwise be into that sort of thing... same applies to hipster scum, lol.

Though to be fair, I can appreciate where the criticism comes from. Some packs do sort of have that manpurse vibe, which is why I insist on a big green canvas one (ala Jack Bauer).

Let 'em talk, they'll be hiding behind you when shit goes down and everyone knows it. Meaningless blabber is just a defense mechanism for the unprepared.

I call mine "The Bag of Death". Black Maxpedition Versipack. Glock 32 357 Sig, 2 mags with CorBon 125 gr HP, 4 oz. Fox Labs Pepper Spray with Firemaster Top (Need an option to blowing away drunks and crazies) Voice activated tape recorder for documentation / evidence if an incident goes down, Wallet, Check book, spare pens, Protein bar, hand sanitizer, basic first aid equipment, a bottle of Tylenol for those bad days or an injury. It's a Roll Out / Bug Out Bag. At home, it's always in the same spot. Go out, it's over my head / opposite shoulder. With the leather coat and the 2" wide black strap across my chest like a bandolier it looks maritial, if anything. One friend smiled and saluted me when they saw it for the first time. I pull it to the front and partially unzip the Glock compartment if I'm in a bad area. Cold Steel serrated Voyager (6" blade, 12" overall when open) is on my belt. Some one goes for the bag, lose the hand...or neck. When I sleep the bag is within arm's reach. In the car, it's tucked against the drivers door. In a wreck or breakdown or attack I have everything I could possibly need to make good in the bag. I used to carry everything in my coat. Too much stuff. Lumpy. Heavy. Summer? Too hot. Too easy to lose stuff. I practice draw and fire from the CCW compartment / Pepper Spray. When walking to the car or during a high threat moment you can unzip the CCW and close your hand on the gun and leave it in there without panicking nearby civilians. You can even swing it up and shoot through the bottom of the bag for the ultimate "Muggers Surprise": "Be cool, man, please don't hurt me, I've got lot's of money in here for you, just let me get it out..." There's something to be said about having the gun on your person at certain times, that's up to each individual / scenario / personal preference. I'd still carry the bag even if I transfer the gun to a holster. It can't be a man purse because men don't carry purses. We don't let women determine what we carry. We carry what we feel like carrying. If we carry a bag it's automatically masculine because we're men. "What's in the bag?"...."If I show you...you'll be dead".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Free1486</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I call mine "The Bag of Death". Black Maxpedition Versipack. Glock 32 357 Sig, 2 mags with CorBon 125 gr HP, 4 oz. Fox Labs Pepper Spray with Firemaster Top (Need an option to blowing away drunks and crazies) Voice activated tape recorder for documentation / evidence if an incident goes down, Wallet, Check book, spare pens, Protein bar, hand sanitizer, basic first aid equipment, a bottle of Tylenol for those bad days or an injury. It's a Roll Out / Bug Out Bag. At home, it's always in the same spot. Go out, it's over my head / opposite shoulder. With the leather coat and the 2" wide black strap across my chest like a bandolier it looks maritial, if anything. One friend smiled and saluted me when they saw it for the first time. I pull it to the front and partially unzip the Glock compartment if I'm in a bad area. Cold Steel serrated Voyager (6" blade, 12" overall when open) is on my belt. Some one goes for the bag, lose the hand...or neck. When I sleep the bag is within arm's reach. In the car, it's tucked against the drivers door. In a wreck or breakdown or attack I have everything I could possibly need to make good in the bag. I used to carry everything in my coat. Too much stuff. Lumpy. Heavy. Summer? Too hot. Too easy to lose stuff. I practice draw and fire from the CCW compartment / Pepper Spray. When walking to the car or during a high threat moment you can unzip the CCW and close your hand on the gun and leave it in there without panicking nearby civilians. You can even swing it up and shoot through the bottom of the bag for the ultimate "Muggers Surprise": "Be cool, man, please don't hurt me, I've got lot's of money in here for you, just let me get it out..." There's something to be said about having the gun on your person at certain times, that's up to each individual / scenario / personal preference. I'd still carry the bag even if I transfer the gun to a holster. It can't be a man purse because men don't carry purses. We don't let women determine what we carry. We carry what we feel like carrying. If we carry a bag it's automatically masculine because we're men. "What's in the bag?"...."If I show you...you'll be dead". </div></div>

My wife carries some Pamprin and a thick pad for those "heavy" days in her bag of death.

WINNING! lol, nicely done jakhammer.

This thread is starting to attract flies of the mall-ninja variety, time to cut & run...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My wife carries some Pamprin and a thick pad for those "heavy" days in her bag of death.</div></div>

That is the funniest thing I have heard all thread.
caps-lock-is-awesome-sml.jpg

Ever see the "bag" Jack Bauer carried *not always but...* often times throughout the "24" series? Kind of reminds me of the Maxpedition. Maybe more like the Mission-Go-Bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb7032</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember, its not a purse its a "satchel". </div></div>
I always thought you put your weed in a satchel, or is that a bindle?

Man i skip a few days it my thread goes viral LOL!!! Like a lot of the suggestions and also a lot of the remarks!!! I have decided to keep checking in for the next few days to see follow up and also the bashing LOL!!!

Well MasterDiver it should be easy to determine who the SAS team member is when you're in the midst of a crowd. Why? Because I note that there is NO MAN PURSE for the SAS team member to carry all his kit in. Soooo, he must have to wear his gear at all times!
grin.gif

i remember those that teased me about the belly bag.....i told them no asshole, its a holster.........it got quiet quick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mk4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever see the "bag" Jack Bauer carried *not always but...* often times throughout the "24" series? Kind of reminds me of the Maxpedition. Maybe more like the Mission-Go-Bag.</div></div>

Jack's is a Rothco bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mk4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever see the "bag" Jack Bauer carried *not always but...* often times throughout the "24" series? Kind of reminds me of the Maxpedition. Maybe more like the Mission-Go-Bag.</div></div>

Jack's is a Rothco bag. </div></div>

I believe you are right......

Jack's Bag or Jack's Sack or .....whatever......

I carry my veripack to and from work. Holds my G22 w/ light, 2 xtra mags, cell, spare batteries, charger, and other misc. items. Had it for 5 years now and it keeps adapting to the shit I find to put in it. That beig said, I just except the fact that everyone calls it a man purse.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i remember those that teased me about the belly bag.....i told them no asshole, its a holster.........it got quiet quick </div></div>

I think this should be a quote on your signature LOL!!

This video is posted in the prediction that this topic will go on past it and someone will just need some wonderful western music to remind them of a simpler time when nobody really worried about what you stored your shit in(or gave a flying fuck). All that mattered was that you brought a gun to a gunfight.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE8YOvuhIcQ&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IE8YOvuhIcQ&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That and its something nice to listen to while this thread goes on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every time I see one of those things I just can't help but think of this

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LRecos7TcA0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div>

Hillbilly, the difference is that guy is pussy whooped.

Sweet I just ordered a Maxpedition Jumbo because of this thread... I'd been looking for something like that for a while to keep my gun out of my waistband when I'm hiking.

Man purse whatever, function over form.

I have a simple solution that no one will raise an eyebrow to.

Carry a laptop bag loaded with all your EDC....and a laptop to check Snipers Hide Forums if there's any room left.

Mine says Dell on the side so no one gives it a second look.