• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So now it's 100 posts to sell? Sigh

silver78

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
MD
First I did search the term 100 posts and did not find another thread so if I missed it please re-direct me.

I just noticed that it's now 100 posts (up from 50) to sell something and that makes me a disqualified person. Could I get to 100 posts - sure. Would I add a lot of value getting to 100 posts - probably not.

So here is my question. Some of us have been around a while but have not posted a lot. I appreciate what others contribute, but I often do not have much of value to add. So I keep my mouth shut so to speak. Would you consider a two factor structure where it's either 100 posts or some minimum period of time registered? Perhaps it's 100 posts or a year of membership? Your consideration of my suggestion is appreciated.

PS - I have nothing to sell here at this time.

Edited on Jan 25, 2011 - well I finally hit 100 posts.
laugh.gif

Re: So now it's 100 posts to sell? Sigh

is 100 posts going to stop people from getting ripped off or making issues/problems - probably not...let's face it, once you are around for awhile and have made it look like you are here to stay and contribute then people may trust you a little more. I have been around for a couple of years and I think I contribute some and I have bought quite a few things from Hide member’s so I hope I can be trusted. We are talking internet and hard earned money so what does it take to trust someone? At least knowing them or knowing about them helps but we can't always have that so we look at the guys past posts and has he sold anything. In other words, can he be trusted with my hard earned money?

So, I am not sure I am going to trust someone who has signed up for the Hide for a couple of years but has not posted much anymore then I will see a guy who posts 50 or 100 posts of pure crap in a week or two. You just have to ask yourself what would it take for you to trust someone on the internet with your hard earned money and where would you draw the line?

How about a guy (?) that signs up and posts 50 crap posts in half a day? Most of the ones the 100 rule was put in place for is the guy dealing out of his garage trying to get by on the cheap by not registering as a dealer and paying the 'Hide to contribute.

LowLight has stated several times that he MAY be forced to delete the "for sale" sections if the trouble keeps going on. Whether or not that happens is more or less up to the members here.

I for one appreciate all the help from the other members. As one of the moderators, I cannot read ALL the posts on all the forums that are posted every day. If you see something that doesn't look right give us a shout. That's the only way to keep things going on the good side for everyone.

Victor+1. Having been around for a while,there has been quite a few "drive by" gear dumps. Worse is the overall attitude and lack of general respect by FNG's.

Not that a low post count makes you unworthy,but the "FOR SALE" section of the Hide is a very successful way to buy,sell and trade our gear. The fact that it is STILL here is amazing,with the BS that Frank has dealt with. And its FREE. Poor attitudes, questionable deals and outright fraud is something everyone here should be against.

A little bit of contribution to the community is not alot to ask for. And for anyone that thinks 100 posts is too much to ask for should probably just use GUNBROKER. Using the For Sale forums is truly a priviledge and not a RIGHT. I for one will assist all the moderators,because I'm sick of the abuse.

Im not sure why there is a minimum post count anyway. All people do is bitch and moan about somebody posting something accusing them of "running up their post count". Dont get me wrong, I love this sight and have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on the for sale sections, but other sights dont have a minimum post rule and they dont seem to have any problems. If people are causing trouble in the for sale sections, maybe they should be banned and set as an example for others. I personally havent seen anything out of the ordanary but then again I am not a moderator and dont know the technical side of keeping this sight up and running. My two cents.

Zach

I can say that I was really happy to see the word association thread go bye bye. I didn't complain but come on, some guys were getting 100 one word posts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: farmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ... I love this sight and have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on the for sale sections, but other sights dont have a minimum post rule and they dont seem to have any problems. If people are causing trouble in the for sale sections, maybe they should be banned and set as an example for others. ... Zach </div></div>

Zach,

We try hard to keep this site a little bit better than most of the others. <span style="color: #FF0000">And there are people getting banned EVERY DAY.</span> I used to have a feeling of regret when I did it. Now I just figure I'm culling the heard.

This site is not here for you any one else to log on and sell stuff. It that was the purpose I would be charging people and still can. I can easily make the For Sale section a subscription based service or yearly flat rate.

Because people where logging on to SH for the sole purpose of selling things we made the rules 51 posts. We didn't want people interested in defrauding our membership having the ability to log on, post an item, rip someone off and leave, so we wanted some kind of commitment. However, people feel their shit is so important and needs to be sold they started running up their post count in order to circumvent the 51 post rule, in fact they were stacking up 50 posts in a day or two, so.. the next step we upped to 100 posts because we, myself and the moderators were chasing people too often padding their post count.

The next step is charging you... so bitch all you want, the for sale section is, and always has been here for <span style="font-weight: bold"> "Contributing Members" </span> of SH, and not for fly by night people simply looking to unload their crap.

Complain all you want, I have an inbox full of them... and would be happy to suspend your account if you don't like the site, or how I run it.

Yeah, a time exception would be good. I know I have less than 50. I think it would be cool to have a membership to SH. 24 a year gets you access to the exchange or 140 a year gets you exchange + training. It would help keep the dirtbags at bay.

Sounds like gunbroker.com is the place for you silver78 - they have a zero post count requirement for selling things there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silver78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First I did search the term 100 posts and did not find another thread so if I missed it please re-direct me.

I just noticed that it's now 100 posts (up from 50) to sell something and that makes me a disqualified person. Could I get to 100 posts - sure. Would I add a lot of value getting to 100 posts - probably not.

So here is my question. Some of us have been around a while but have not posted a lot. I appreciate what others contribute, but I often do not have much of value to add. So I keep my mouth shut so to speak. Would you consider a two factor structure where it's either 100 posts or some minimum period of time registered? Perhaps it's 100 posts or a year of membership? Your consideration of my suggestion is appreciated.

PS - I have nothing to sell here at this time. </div></div>

i do have to give you credit for actually paying attention to the rules. there are a ton of follks that just post in that section despite the rules.

I have seen way too many ppl trying to bump up their post counts in order to sale. I normally check what the seller's posts were before I deal. If all this seller's posts were, great, nice rifle, +1, or BTT, and not any real constructive comments to any good topics, I might think twice before I deal with this seller.

100 post rule just raised the bar higher, they will need more +1, sexy rifle, I agree, BTT to be able to sell.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Zach,

We try hard to keep this site a little bit better than most of the others. <span style="color: #FF0000">And there are people getting banned EVERY DAY.</span> I used to have a feeling of regret when I did it. Now I just figure I'm culling the heard.</div></div>

I understand and this sight IS a lot better that others. Thank you Victor and the other moderators for your time and effort.

Zach

I like this site a lot and I am just suggesting that perhaps time on the site could be used as an alternative way to filter sellers. A time limit will also prevent people from signing up here just to sell stuff and running up a quick post count.

I would guess that the staff has raised posting limit out of frustration. I have no idea how much trouble Lowlight endures because of bad sellers, but it's high enough for him to raise the post count.

I did not sign up here just to sell stuff. I have been here since 2004. Do a search on my name - you will find I have little to sell. I hope that my participation on this site helps SH by keeping the number of unique users higher which allows SH to charge more for ad space.

Maybe the best answer is a minimum post count AND a minimum time registered before you can sell. If a newbe shows up and discovers that they need to be registered for a year AND have XX posts, the motivation to run up a post count to sell stuff declines a lot.

I certainly recognize this is Lowlight's site and he can do whatever he wants and I tried to be constructive - my original post contained what I thought to be a reasonable suggestion - a time factor for sellers. Your consideration of my suggestion is appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor N TN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LowLight has stated several times that he MAY be forced to delete the "for sale" sections if the trouble keeps going on. Whether or not that happens is more or less up to the members here.</div></div>

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch....
frown.gif

I have only been on the sight just under two years. And if you have to get a 100 post to sell, that is fine with me. I hope it doesn't come to chargeing people to sell or even be a member of the SH. As a store owner, if things are not working the way you want them to, you change it, and kick out those who don't play buy the rules. I've learned alot from this sight and have seen the BS. Lowlight, do what you have to do.

Fellas,to try and settle this once and for all.First and foremost lowlight is the chief with the fuzzy nuts here he makes the rules,we abide by them.If we dont it is the ban hammer..
Everything in life has rules.The rules are put here for our protection whether you have 10,000 posts or 10 it makes no difference.
As far as how long a person has been her makes no difference what so ever....Imo i would think if you have been here for a number of years you should have learned enough from everyone to contribute a little bit more.We have new members everyday.Sure the old heads are going to awnser a lot of questions but if you have been here for years throw in your .02 cents also.
The number of post counts but i for one look at the amount of time a person has been here and think hey this person has been here quite some time he has had to listen to everyone over the years so maybe he has some good advice.....All you have to do is contribute a little and you will see that post count start climbing....
Again Frank is the boss what he says goes.......Just my .02

the site does not have a way to filter by time, I have to create a group, and that group is controlled by post count. Once you cross the threshold it moves you automatically to a new group.

Only people without the correct number of posts with something to sell want it adjusted to suit their particular situation. Which, again, going back, the for sale section is for "Contributing Members" as a thank you. It is not for registered members, there is a slight but subtle difference.

As well, I am getting about tired of everyday having to answer, "Gee I know the rules say, 100 posts, and I only have 20 posts, but all my friends say I am great guy, and I have something awesome that I know your members would really be interested in. Can you bend the rules for me, because everyone that knows me will tell you how trustworthy I am - so how about making an exception to the 100 post rule"

I get that every single day... you guys are all on thin ice. Its getting to the point where I just charge for the section. $20 a month to use it for all members, regardless of post count, time, etc... if you want to buy, sell, etc, you'll pay.

No please Frank!!! Just don't answer all of the broke dick questions. Just click "Remove myself from Topic" they'll get the message. If not just smack the ban hammer!! no explanation necessary!!

Screw-em!!

Well Don, look at it this way, after the banning, the warning sticky posts, I still find myself deleting political posts every single day.

So, apparently banning people has not effect, so maybe making them pay for will help ease the burden of having to moderator this stuff every day.

If they'er here just to sell, (unless they pony up for the table) I believe they need a shove on down the road. You set this site up to give an take info, not as a flee market, for fly by nighters.
While it's nice to see who's selling what for backround, if it went pay for play it would push out those only here for it, and none of the other forum topics.

You see alot of folks in the bear pit posting tits, ass, an such. You never see these folks out shooting, or posting in Fieldcraft, Reloading, ect.
Bait them up, its easy to see whos here for the lessons and those that are in need of a setter.

Franks House, Franks Rules, if they have an issue with it, there are a ton of other sights to sell stuff at.

Not going to make any friends by saying this but...if you want to sell something you should pay a fee to do it. Call it "Hide-Pal"...
grin.gif

Same as selling something with your local newspaper; you pay for the space.

I think we should let this topic die, be thankful for what Lowlight has provided us, obey the rules and drive on....

I am in the boat of letting this go and living by the rules. We all have to do it in our own states... But I did want to make sure I posted so I can increase my count and show my support for the rules
smile.gif

I was also just hit by the 100 post rule (it was 50 last time I posted something for sale). I don't really mind the 100 post rule, but if the purpose it to stop scammers, I think there is a better way. I've seen reference points, etc. given when parties are happy with the transaction, etc. and other buyers can use the reference count to determine how trustworthy the seller is. Kind of like feedback.

I, for one, have been a frequent member of this site for a long time, but I usually peruse the site while at work on on on my phone. In each event, it is somewhat difficult to post constructively often to keep up with the ever-increasing post count rules.

At least explaining my position just upped my count by 1.

I'm a frequent visitor to this site but login/post very rarely. I guess this is an opportunity for me to become more active in this forum. The reason I haven't been more active is I'm too poor. I know I'll go broke if I frequent this place more often :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moon-raker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was also just hit by the 100 post rule (it was 50 last time I posted something for sale). I don't really mind the 100 post rule, but if the purpose it to stop scammers, I think there is a better way. I've seen reference points, etc. given when parties are happy with the transaction, etc. and other buyers can use the reference count to determine how trustworthy the seller is. Kind of like feedback.

I, for one, have been a frequent member of this site for a long time, but I usually peruse the site while at work on on on my phone. In each event, it is somewhat difficult to post constructively often to keep up with the ever-increasing post count rules.

At least explaining my position just upped my count by 1.</div></div>

I'd like to know how you rocket scientist propose to moderate your "new rules". Should I hire someone full time to administrate the for sale section, because ghat is what you are asking. A full time administrator to track every user so we know who is. You want a series of sliding benchmarks so each situation is logged and acknowledged. Genius

Instead, right now the software does it automatically, you either can or cannot post, nice and easy.

The rules changed because those among you were trying to get around the 50 post rule by padding your post counts. So everyday me and the mods were chasing people around wasting everyone's time. So the rules changed, who's fault mine or yours?

You all need to get over it before I simple turn the for sale section off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeg30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a frequent visitor to this site but login/post very rarely. I guess this is an opportunity for me to become more active in this forum. The reason I haven't been more active is I'm too poor. I know I'll go broke if I frequent this place more often :p </div></div>

Maybe if you left California you could start keeping some of your paycheck...

When I first saw the post count increase, I thought like some of the nay sayers. Great just a lot more BS posts are going to be thrown around to up post counts and clogg the boards, my all time hated being "nice stick". Just because you saw someone say nice stick, thats what she said.., doesn't mean you have to repeat it everytime you see a picture, it just sounds gay so please come up with a slick new name for a rifle.

Anyhow, it was a little more difficult to spot BS posters with 50 posts. Now with 100 posts being the limit, the 2 or 3 "nice sticks" will become 10, and "your hot gf has nice titties" posts will turn into a whole string of "hot girlfriend thread" posts making the fly by nighter twice as easy to spot. Plus why are people signing for firearm enthusiast website just to look at that anyways? Its just not healthy. 100+ posts is childsplay, buy some gear, review it. Simple enough. This sight has become enormously popular somehow, i'm guessing it wasn't by accident.

I do however vote for a sticky rule that says: if you have only been a member for 3 months, that doesn't make you a classifieds whistle blower and moderator. You will be banned for being a brown noser if you don't stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JML403</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeg30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a frequent visitor to this site but login/post very rarely. I guess this is an opportunity for me to become more active in this forum. The reason I haven't been more active is I'm too poor. I know I'll go broke if I frequent this place more often :p </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Maybe if you left California you could start keeping some of your paycheck...</span>

When I first saw the post count increase, I thought like some of the nay sayers. Great just a lot more BS posts are going to be thrown around to up post counts and clogg the boards, my all time hated being "nice stick". Just because you saw someone say nice stick, thats what she said.., doesn't mean you have to repeat it everytime you see a picture, it just sounds gay so please come up with a slick new name for a rifle.

Anyhow, it was a little more difficult to spot BS posters with 50 posts. Now with 100 posts being the limit, the 2 or 3 "nice sticks" will become 10, and "your hot gf has nice titties" posts will turn into a whole string of "hot girlfriend thread" posts making the fly by nighter twice as easy to spot. Plus why are people signing for firearm enthusiast website just to look at that anyways? Its just not healthy. 100+ posts is childsplay, buy some gear, review it. Simple enough. This sight has become enormously popular somehow, i'm guessing it wasn't by accident.

I do however vote for a sticky rule that says: if you have only been a member for 3 months, that doesn't make you a classifieds whistle blower and moderator. You will be banned for being a brown noser if you don't stop. </div></div>

But who's going to support the illegals and millions on welfare? Think of the children!

Nobody that was taking there time being honest and trying to only speak when they had somthing constructive to say is happy right now but that is how it work's the few good get rolled over by the many bad. I am telling anybody who is complaining about this , Life's tuff get a helmit.

I'm new here, I have "Looked" for awhile then decided to join, I usually do that, becasue I do not want or need to belong to a 1000 forums. I personally liked the 100 post rule, it is different and i think effective at keeping the local and not os local internet trash off the site. I have to give this a big two thumbs up. While it means I may not be able to sell aything for a whihe, I haven't sold anything in years, so no biggy. I like the ideal of involentary commitmit, it keeps the topics interresting and inspires those that don't regularly post to do so.

if i wanted to sell something, i wouldn't mind paying a fee. just like the classifieds and so on.

i think it's good thing, a service really, that lowlight provides with the for sale section, and when that service becomes a hassle, you have to do what you have to do to get rid of that hassle.

it's titled "for the serious tactical marksman" not "for the serious tactical yard sale" or "for the serious tactical conman"

if someone really wanted to sell something worth a pile of beans, (for example pistol grips) they can just graze around the pistol section and find someone talking about needing pistol grips, PM them, sold.

once again this is the best site out there, and unfortunately a few manipulating whiners are making a mountain out of a molehill. play by the rules, whatever they may be, or put it in the for sale ads in the local paper. visiting the hide is optional, not required, it doesn't owe anybody anything.

if one has to post 100, they have to post 100, grow up and accept it there is a reason. it's a shame so much babysitting has to happen. if paying a fee becomes a rule to weed out riff raff, that's the rules, one would have to pay, and i'd have to believe one would appreciate the effort to keep the riff raff out.

on a side note, i thought the word association thread was kinda entertaining, but i'm not whining that it's gone.

i think the OP's intent was not to cry for an exception or yelling "foul", but as a suggestion that some one who has been around a bit but knew to quote "keep their mouth shut" because they couldn't add anything of value, can't post a rifle for sale that they just inherited (for example) and have no use for. sometimes suggestions are good, and better ways of doing things are made reality due to a good well thought out suggestion.

yeah, that sucks to some extent, but the rules are for there for a reason, to keep out the fly by nights and screwers, so one in that situation just has to deal with it, add some posts of value, or try to sell it elsewhere.

sorry to hear that L.L. and the moderators have to commit so much time to nonesense stuff as before mentioned when they can be using the time to farm out new sponsors, articles, field tests, product reviews, etc. yet another reason to administer the rules as the rule makers see fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we should let this topic die, be thankful for what Lowlight has provided us, obey the rules and drive on....</div></div>

right on...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we should let this topic die, be thankful for what Lowlight has provided us, obey the rules and drive on.... </div></div>

I agree.

Same thing happened to me... I had hit 51 posts and was going to post up something for sale, I waited a little too long and it changed.

Not a big deal as I sold what I needed to locally. I hit 101 posts, wanted to sell something else, and found a great trade on here instead.

It all works out typically if you can have a little patience, one of those things I have learned in life.

On here, it's LL's world, I'm just happy to be a part of it. Lots of cool things to learn on here aside from selling your gear.

It is what it is. I have been around awhile, never really posted alot. But i have bought a few things and have to say that the rules must be working because i have never been screwed over by anyone on this site. You can buy with no worries almost all the time. I dont want to pay to sell anymore than the next guy but hell if thats what it takes to keep the good honest folks we have, sign me up.

I'd be all for paying a fee to sell - e-bay does it and does well.

But I'm on Franks side on this, I see people come into WestcoastTactical (myself and REdman own) - and 1 post and it's in the for sale section never to be seen again.

Screw that...that's my bandwidth that I pay for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: foxalpha1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is what it is. I have been around awhile, never really posted alot. But i have bought a few things and have to say that the rules must be working because i have never been screwed over by anyone on this site. You can buy with no worries almost all the time. I dont want to pay to sell anymore than the next guy but hell if thats what it takes to keep the good honest folks we have, sign me up. </div></div>

I'm with him,tired of the whining about the post count rules.If you are that new,and are not an ACTIVE member on this forum,chances are I won't risk buying from or selling to you anyway.If you are an active contributing member,chances are that others already know who you are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not real sure how a for sale section helps The Hide anyway. You want ebay go there. I say if they want to sell - let them buy sponsorship and deal with it like professionals. </div></div>

The for sale section isn't there to help the site, it's there to help the site members. E-Gay won't handle alot of the things bought and sold on this site nor will PayPal process funds unless thier true description is hidden.
Do yourself a favor and preview your posts before you hit submit next time. It will save you from making any more moronic posts like the one above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not real sure how a for sale section helps The Hide anyway. You want ebay go there. I say if they want to sell - let them buy sponsorship and deal with it like professionals. </div></div>

The for sale section isn't there to help the site, it's there to help the site members. E-Gay won't handle alot of the things bought and sold on this site nor will PayPal process funds unless thier true description is hidden.
Do yourself a favor and preview your posts before you hit submit next time. It will save you from making any more moronic posts like the one above.</div></div>
Well said LR-WSM.
RJ Hunter: The for sale section works perfect as long as our members adhere to LL's rules. I don't want to wade thru E-bay or any other "for sale website". I trust hide members and we are a community. If I want shooting stuff that is specific then I can access many shooting gurus who know more about the item than I would ever know without them.......You can't get that kind of knowledge and info from just a "for sale site". I'm not trying to crack on you too hard but that kind of comment doesn't help. ...........SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RJ Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not real sure how a for sale section helps The Hide anyway. You want ebay go there. I say if they want to sell - let them buy sponsorship and deal with it like professionals. </div></div>

Do yourself a favor and preview your posts before you hit submit next time. It will save you from making any more moronic posts like the one above.</div></div>

Seeing how you have very little time on this site, your post to RJ is indicative of the problems we face here on the site. You don't know enough about the situation but since the For Sale section "helps" you as a member and doesn't cost you anything so it's easy to comment such as you have.

I can tell you because of the selfish act of members, this site has been called to the carpet by not only the DOJ, but various elements of State and Federal law enforcement. When this happens it puts "me" at risk and not any of you... sure you may get inconvenienced, but at the end of the day they come for me. Companies have also pressed me because of sales that don't adhere to their rules, so they press me... not you. Just like any moderator alert, they turn to me to solve the problems created by people I don't even know.

It's true it doesn't help the site in any way, in fact since 2001, I have only used it no more than 4x to buy something, but it does present a level of liability you cannot even fathom, and I would not wish on, well, most of you.

It's important the members understand their words, their actions on here have far reaching effects if not held to these simple rules. That includes offhand comments insulting people you don't know, simply because you can.

I would say to you, check your own yard before pointing to someone else's

please dont turn for sale off frank,
ive been here awhile and ive posted a ton, sometimes trying to be helpful others trying to be witty or entertaining. all my posts were an attempt, however weak it may be, to contribute something of myself to this site that i find to be an outstanding learning tool for shooters.
in all this time, i have yet to sell or buy anything from this site. im poor, i peruse the wish list items in the for sale section and dweem a little dweem. it would be a shame if the section dies before i can rub some pennies together and purchase something cool like a mildot for my sks. thanks,
marduk185

People that are really interested in this form of shooting should pay attention to Frank when speaks not only about shooting but about the For Sale Section. I routinely cruise FS boards all around the net, and use 'RiverofGuns.com' - a site that crawls several boards at once. You will not find another board with as deep of a selection of highest quality gear as here. If this FS board goes down it will not only be a loss to the contributing members here, but to buyers of quality gear throughout the shooting community.

I would encourage everyone to read Frank's signature and consider it.

Good luck

I'm pretty new round these parts but in my opinion I would just make the buy/sell area a paid subscription area, sure we could all browse and drool but could only buy or sell an item if I was a paying member, maybe somethin like 50-60 bucks for a year. On a side note, after reading all this I'd be paranoid to try and purchase something. I'm already second guessing if others may view my posts as "fluff", I'm with Marduk, I try and share first hand experience when I can and when I can't I like to try and de-escalate heated fights with humor, I also think a good inside joke here and there are in order to share each others personalities. either way I feel I'm contributing and showing other trigger pullers out there who I am. Hell I'm just trying to make us all a tight FAMILY......ok scratch that, that was GAAAHHHEEEYYYYY!

<span style="font-style: italic">I sent this to Frank a while back to thank him... I just think everyone needs to keep in mind what a gift the for sale section is to the membership.</span>

Frank,

I just wanted to thank you for SnipersHide and all that it does.
Thank you for giving the Firearm, Optics, Equipment, Etc. For Sale section to the members for free. If it was a $50.00 fee instead of 100+ post to buy and sell here it would be well worth it, and so I thank you for letting us trade here at no charge. Being able to buy stuff at $100s to $1000s of dollars off of what it would cost new, and being able to sell stuff for $100s to $1000s more than we'd get locally or at a pawn shop is a real blessing to the members and the sport.

I'm sure I'm being VERY conservative but if $12000 a day worth of gear/rifles/scopes, etc. is sold and traded between members then that is easily over 4 million dollars annually that is being exchanged. Any other site with that much money changing hands would have there hand in the kitty, so thanks again for letting us have this service for free.

I'm only saying this because I wanted to share with you that the membership does realize this and appreciates it.

Thanks again,
Adam

New member here, read all the forum rules, knew what to expect and signed up.
I will live by your rules.