• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So now that football is pretty much over...any hockey fans?

Ghogs Nightmare

Wobi Madano
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2006
In the Nightmares of Ghogs
GO PENS!

Been a Pens fan since I was a kid and finally got to my first game here a week or so ago. Lots of fun, decent venue crowd was good for the most part ...fortunately the 2 fools behind me left early and didn't spill on me.

Oh yeah. Season ticket holder for Pens for a number of years. Played in high school. Nothing like playoff hockey. The cup in my opinion is the toughest trophy to win in sports
Go Pens

From MN and then moved to CO. Still love to watch hockey when I can. Hoping the AVS can turn things around. Liking the play of Nashville the last few seasons. Was happy Ovechkin got to hoist the cup. Don't think I've ever seen one player so happy in my life. That was fun to see. I like the fast pace, no down time continuous action of hockey. Hope this playoffs is as good as last seasons.

Oh, HELL Yeah!

I watched the Vegas Golden Knights beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 in the Vegas home rink about a week ago. Man, but they put on a show there....!

We were seated in the handicap section, just to the right of the cameras.

By the time I got back in the hotel room, I had chilled/burned my lungs so badly I couldn't get much air in and out, so I needed to take the ambulance ride, and spent the rest of my vacation (two more days) in a hospital bed.

Worth it!

Fleury..., Fleury..., Fleury...!

He was the Devils' Goalie when I was living in Jersey a couple of decades back, too

Defend the Fortress!

Been a Hockey Fan since the Rangers/Flyers/Islanders duels back in the 70's, then picked up on the Devils when they become a new franchise.

LOL!

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Oh, HELL Yeah!

I watched the Vegas Golden Knights beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 in the Vegas home rink about a week ago. Man, but they put on a show there....!

We were seated in the handicap section, just to the right of the cameras.

By the time I got back in the hotel room, I had chilled/burned my lungs so badly I couldn't get much air in and out, so I needed to take the ambulance ride, and spent the rest of my vacation (two more days) in a hospital bed.

Worth it!

Fleury..., Fleury..., Fleury...!

He was the Devils' Goalie when I was living in Jersey a couple of decades back, too

Defend the Fortress!

Been a Hockey Fan since the Rangers/Flyers/Islanders duels back in the 70's, then picked up on the Devils when they become a new franchise.

LOL!

Greg

Sorry to hear about your lungs, but a live professional hockey game is way better than watching on TV, unlike with some other sports. Even the kids hockey that my Grandkids play is fun to watch live.

Fucking hate football. I can't wait til it's over.

I played ice growing up. I taught at a hockey school in my teens, I have my USA hockey level 4 coaches cert and made it to a shitbox JR B team when I was 17, took a bad hit and tore my ACL. That was the end of that for my career. Back then you had to take a year off. By that time rolled around, my mind knew what to but the footwork just wasn't there and my grades were too shitty to have any college prospects.

My son just started on a squirt developmental team. He's coming along for starting late. He just turned 9 and started taking skating seriously over the summer. He's the leading goal scorer on his team.

I work part time in the winter (nov-mar) at a hockey rink driving a Zamboni.

I'm a pens fan as well as the wings. I don't watch sports until hockey playoff time. Nothing like playoff hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
I have season tickets to our local NAHL Robertson Cup defending champions Shreveport Mudbugs.
And yes, there nothing like watching live hockey game. Hockey fans are the best fans in sports.
E3A985BD-A543-49CE-BCA2-17715E80C754.jpeg

Well glad to see Bama got smacked, hopefully that little issue with the Hawks isn't repeated by the Pens to much more.
As far as hockey fans, I'd agree for the most part especially that caps fan last year when they won!

Watching the pens vs, flyers.

Last weekend, both grandsons were playing playoffs in Tampa with their travel teams. The young one, and his 8 and under team won their championship. The older one made it to the championship game but lost by one. Each scored two goals apiece during their weekend series. I’m a proud hockey Papa.

Reactions: Apollo1218