• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So what’s the real story with Altus’s club series departing from the PRS next year?

Cynical

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 14, 2010
    I feel like there’s more to the story that no one wants to talk about, but I figured you internet hooligans and rumor mongers would enlighten us.

Way I heard it was, Altus wanted to do some stages in matches PRS didn't approve of.
    So, they are getting divorced.

That just seems like the ’wink wink, nod nod’ cover story. I mean there’s no way that particular reason makes business sense for either of them.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    That just seems like the ’wink wink, nod nod’ cover story. I mean there’s no way that particular reason makes business sense for either of them.
    We are talking about the PRS, "making sense" isn't in his vocabulary.

Reactions: RS14
    Hi,

Quick Question.....

Why does it matter what any "reasonings" were?
    Is the reasoning going to change anything in reality for anyone concerned with them?
    Contrary to forum belief....not everything needs to be explained to everyone.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Because this is the internet, Theis. That’s how this machine operates. Even if it’s all bullshit. You know this! :ROFLMAO:

Any other info? Is the Altus series only holding matches on the east coast?

They're not standing up some competing series to the PRS or anything. Their series is just at Altus, 4-5 one day matches a year. It's no different that what they've been doing for a while now other than not sitting under the PRS umbrella.

I know the guys at Altus decently well. They're pretty drama free about all of this, and just want to do their own thing. I plan on being at all of their 2-day matches next year as a shooter or RO, and as many 1-day matches as I can be, same as I have been doing for ~8 years now.

I think you'll see more places drop PRS as the drama train rides around. It's trying to mature, but it's still in the teenage phase.

We don't associate anything with PRS simply because nobody around here wants to be a paying PRS member. No demand, no reason to bring in the extra headache.

I have never shot at Altus but was looking at it for next year. Has Altus released a schedule for matches?

Personally I have no idea why. And really don’t care to know. As someone who shoots there and has no ties to the PRS series im glad they did. Im not in a points race or anything. And now they can do their own thing without prs oversight. And yes incorporate some pistol and other stuff