• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So what does the Hide think of these rings?

uniquesnd

Operator operating operationally
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2013
Mississippi
I purchased these weaver tactical six hole picatinny rings in low for my 50BMG bolt action and wonder what the hide thinks of them as far as quality and holding up to the 50?
weaver rings.jpg

Time will tell--

What's the torque spec on the cap screws and cross bolt?

I have a pair of them.. honestly the set I have is junk. I'd get something else. I've had very bad back to back experience's with Weaver products though. The reason I detest my set is that there is visible air pockets and bubbles on the bearing surface of the rings where they contact the scope.

Time will tell--

What's the torque spec on the cap screws and cross bolt?

not sure have not opened the pack up yet and read the directions wanted to get some input before I dove in and could not send them back.

I would send them back and invest in some good name brands that are proven, especially on the .50

If I did send them back what would be a good mid line set of rings? or should I just man up and get a set of seekins............fiance will be pissed!

please dont take this the wrong way, but I find it funny when somebody builds something that slings $3+ rounds and then cheaps out on other stuff and hopes it will hold up. What you will sling down range in 2 range sessions is what it would cost you to get a decent set of rings.

Get some Badger Max-50 rings and never buy rings again.

If I ever buy/build a .50 it will probably be WAY over built.

I don't have any experience with rings on a .50, but I think Badger makes a set called "max50" Hey, if she's pissed, an ass whipping is an ass whipping-go big! just tell her you can no longer afford for her sister to attend the dinner.

I don't have any experience with rings on a .50, but I think Badger makes a set called "max50" Hey, if she's pissed, an ass whipping is an ass whipping-go big! just tell her you can no longer afford for her sister to attend the dinner.

LOL^^^^^^ I know what you mean on people cheaping out on the little stuff I am usually all in on a gun but I over spent on ammo (355 FMJ Ball 40 AP and 10 AMAX) and my lower(seekins sp223 billet) So i tried to save a little on the stock ( ACE Skeleton) and the rings. I spent 2K on the upper and $400 on the scope so I am deep in this one so dont judge me Jk! In all seriousness I may just surf the EE over at ARFCOM and the for ale section here and see If I can come up with a seekins or vortex set for a deal. I seen the Badger max 50 and I would rather grab the seekins for 50-60$ less.

Wait a minute, now I am confused, a .50 cal bolt action that is an AR upper?
I hope that ACE tube stock does not hurt too badly behind a .50
Armalite ar-50's are around $3k out the door. It sounds like you might have close to that into this thing, but I guess you get to reuse the lower.
Do you have any photos of it?

I know pics or it didn't happen so here ya go! plus an Armalite is not a 5 round magazine fed bolt action!
photo 1 (30).jpg
and the upper
photo 2 (31).jpg
and the cheapo rings!
photo 3 (23).jpg

just ordered the seekins 6/4 rings got them for 119$ shipped to my door brand new!