• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so whats next ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
well i found and bought an HK UMP flash hider 177 bucks... and next week will order a lee pro 1000 for loading 45acp

well i need to do now is sbr my usc/ump and then what ? was thinking on getting an eagle plate carrier and plates, or buying primer and powder and bullets and what not for loading with the lee....

would like to sorce out a awsome suppressor for my ump platformb

i have almost every thing i need to run 3 gun matches other then a shotgun, their are some 3 gun matches in my area that are sniper rifle, carbine, pistol.... and iam set for them other then i need a vest and plates.

any of you that run 3 gun matches, what all equipment do you have for these sorts of things ?

how many ump mags do you think i will need ? 10 ? 5 ? how about pistol mags ? i only have one ump mag so far and about 5 usp mags. aimpoint sits on my ump and soon a surefire m900a is their any equipment you can recommend ?

Re: so whats next ?

Not sure what kind of 3 gun you are shooting in but you don't need to wear plates. That would be extra weight for no reason. Buy the reloading supplies ammo and shooting will help you out more then a vest.

i take free lessons from an ex state trooper that used to be on a sert team ( special entry responce team ) lessons are every saturday.

then a bunch of use go to a 3 gun match on fridays, i have only went 2 times mainly because, i dont even really know where to begin with all of this.

you have to have plates to shoot at this place ( they shoot steel)

DO NOT BUY THE LEE 1000. Complete waste of perfectly good(at least for now) money. Ask me how I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
you have to have plates to shoot at this place ( they shoot steel) </div></div>

Bullshit! What range requires you to wear plate armor?

You have posted before that you wanted them "just to be on the safe side". I'll spare us all by not dragging that mess back up.

Out of curiosity, what "lessons" is he teaching you?

well i have only taken two its just moving and shooting drills, I am to stingy to shoot my reloaded ammo so i usually buy a half case of blazer aluminum so i dont have to worry about picking up the brass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i have only taken two its just moving and shooting drills, I am to stingy to shoot my reloaded ammo so i usually buy a half case of blazer aluminum so i dont have to worry about picking up the brass </div></div>

Pointblank calls "bullshit", and this is how you reply? Was he correct in his assessment?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You have posted before that you wanted them "just to be on the safe side". I'll spare us all by not dragging that mess back up.

</div></div>

Lessons that stay private between a boy and a man. Just two armed men alone in the woods learning eachothers secrets, and the ways of the world.

cop-with-baton.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i take free lessons from an ex state trooper that used to be on a sert team ( special entry responce team )</div></div>

Is this the same Robocop asshole cop that said he would lock you up for Open Carrying?

You sir, are a douchebag. Talk shit about cops one minute, then have one help your sorry ass the next. Typical.

I too recommend against the Lee 1000, save up for a Dillon 550, or buy the Hornady LnL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLINKY ERT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i take free lessons from an ex state trooper that used to be on a sert team ( special entry responce team )</div></div>

Is this the same Robocop asshole cop that said he would lock you up for Open Carrying?

You sir, are a douchebag. Talk shit about cops one minute, then have one help your sorry ass the next. Typical. </div></div>

no its not the same robocop jacka$$, and i was not talking shit on cops, i was talking shit on robocop cops, and a Pa law that really isnt the law.... try reading that post from the begining.

this is the same ex trooper that downed my ump over the thompson though... but it is what it is i guess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i have only taken two its just moving and shooting drills, I am to stingy to shoot my reloaded ammo so i usually buy a half case of blazer aluminum so i dont have to worry about picking up the brass </div></div>

Pointblank calls "bullshit", and this is how you reply? Was he correct in his assessment? </div></div>

huh ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Inquiring minds want to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLINKY ERT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Inquiring minds want to know. </div></div>

their range, this range is on private property and if you dont come with at least soft armor you cannot shoot its their rules, not mine....

if i go and even wanna shoot 22lr i have to have a vest... their are no paper targets only steel plates i have seen 4 or five rounds come back and slap a guy in the neck, arm and gut

when i go i burrow a kevlar vest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLINKY ERT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Inquiring minds want to know. </div></div>

their range, this range is on private property and if you dont come with at least soft armor you cannot shoot its their rules, not mine....

if i go and even wanna shoot 22lr i have to have a vest... their are no paper targets only steel plates i have seen 4 or five rounds come back and slap a guy in the neck, arm and gut

when i go i burrow a kevlar vest </div></div>

lol

So, as this story progresses, there is one thing that keeps coming back to the forefront of my thoughts. That infamous statement from so long ago which went something like this:

"....and we have those special toe-shoe-thingy's like the ninja's wear, for climbing the walls......"

I'm sure some of ya'll know what I'm talking about. Rather clearly too, I'd bet.

delusional: posessing a persistant false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">delusional: posessing a persistant false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary </div></div>

what he said

Do you wear a helmet or face mask for protection, other than in your 3 gun matches?

sounds like a great and safe range. let me know the name of it so I can be sure to stay far away

it is what it is i guess... i dont do much shooting on the range lol but i do shoot the shit their alot hahaha

I'll tell you what you need next.......

Spelling Lessons. Forget the range time and body armor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll tell you what you need next.......

Spelling Lessons. Forget the range time and body armor. </div></div>

funny you bring that up, i got ride of IE and got firefox and if you mistype a word it puts a red line under it until you fix it so, I am slowly getting things corrected

Or broaden your horizons past HK. There is more out there believe it or not.

oh i know, i used to have a remmy ltr in 308, i fired a round threw it and ended up selling it..... their are lots of cool guns out their dont get me wrong, how ever i love hk's hey i own a walther p22 lol and used to have a remmy 1187.

you shoot what you like and ill shoot what i like

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">delusional: posessing a persistant false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary </div></div>

Whenever I hear "burrow" I think of people with scabies- kind of goes with delusions.

Now I will admit I had to wear a cup once for Simunitions training, and don a vest once in a live-fire shoothouse, but never at a match, and never just on a range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">their range, this range is on private property and if you dont come with at least soft armor you cannot shoot its their rules, not mine....

if i go and even wanna shoot 22lr i have to have a vest... their are no paper targets only steel plates i have seen 4 or five rounds come back and slap a guy in the <span style="font-weight: bold">neck</span>, <span style="font-weight: bold">arm</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">gut</span>

</div></div>

1) I still think this is BS, but who's to say what the rules are when shootin' out at "Cooter's Back 40"

2) You said they require "plates" not just kevlar. Which is it?

3) What good is a kevlar vest going to do you when you get shot in the neck or arm? You might have a chance to catch that one so long as it's not in the lower abdomen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Lessons that stay private between a boy and a man. Just two armed men alone in the woods learning eachothers secrets, and the ways of the world.

cop-with-baton.jpg
</div></div>

Officer Nasty sez: "Stop Resisting!"

In response to the original query, what else, I say this:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pGBu6wYYkI&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pGBu6wYYkI&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

let me shed more light on this situation.

i go to a gun shop that also has a range on the property, its not a public range as in people come and shoot and leave, the whole thing is like 600 yards back into the woods off the road.

and the two guys that own it pretty much came out and told me if its center fire i have to wear plates if its like a 22 kevlar is what they would LIKE me to wear.

needless to say i DO NOT shoot guns their that offten, every one their that does shoot a lot , ya they all have vests with plates

nice vid btw lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In response to the original query, what else, I say this:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pGBu6wYYkI&feature=player_embedded#!"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6pGBu6wYYkI&feature=player_embedded#!" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

</div></div>

His version of "Morning has broken" with the Barrett is better.

i just choked on my popcorn.........

someone is hosing someone here

where is capt.kick-ass when you need 'em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fuckin airsoft crowd......even here! </div></div>

I wear kevlar when I airsoft that shit stings!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fuckin airsoft crowd......even here! </div></div>

you seem to bring the airsoft thing up alot, did a kid that plays airsoft get the better of you or somthing you seem to have a vary strong hatred for them ?

i was at that gun shop today for an hr or so and asked the guy why he does what he does with making people wear the armor and stuff, he told me simply that its mainly because they have had one to many rounds bounce back and its a better safe then sorry thing....

oh well... i held a green acr bushmaster they seem pretty nice... i dont like 223 but it is what it is i guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fuckin airsoft crowd......even here! </div></div>

i was at that gun shop today for an hr or so and asked the guy why he does what he does with making people wear the armor and stuff, he told me simply that its mainly because they have had one to many rounds bounce back and its a better safe then sorry thing....

</div></div>

If this is true, then his problem solving methodology is for shit. If safety were paramount, why not using manufacturer recommend precautions:

https://www.saluteproducts.com/safety.php

Funny.....I didn't see anything about armor; just common sense precautions. I'm dying to know more about this range. Instead of a safety orientations, do new members get concrete shoes so they don't shoot their toes off?

any one i guess can come and shoot as long as the sign a paper (they where talking about it the other day when i went) and follow the rules.

again not my range i dont make the rules dont even shoot their just go their to visit some friends.

ump brake will be here soon and so will the lee pro...

guess my next step is making quality reloads and learning the press iam pretty pumped about it

honestly dude, reading the threads you create are like watching a train wreck.....you know its going to be terrible but you cant help but watching. Honestly id rather low crawl naked through broken glass than to continue reading your threads about the next greatest thing for your USC/UMP abortion.

Mike,
Most fun ever is a supressed SBR'ed 10/22....its like shooting a water hose, you can write your name on a target with it
smile.gif

That is true however remember with the USC, you're still hitting something with a 230 gn bullet. It does a little more damage than that little 22.
wink.gif

just be sure when you get that press, that out of your suppressed ump.... you need to get the pressure right, so prime the brass, and level off the caseing with either varget or RL22. it's a slightly compressed load, but will fix the issue I see here

I hear great things about RL17 or RL22. I was thinkin it was easier to just dip the cases, level off, drop in a bullet (doesn't matter which way they face supressed) and seat it.

Deffinately should fix the problem!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fuckin airsoft crowd......even here! </div></div>

you seem to bring the airsoft thing up alot, did a kid that plays airsoft get the better of you or somthing you seem to have a vary strong hatred for them ?

oh well... i held a green acr bushmaster they seem pretty nice... i dont like 223 but it is what it is i guess.

</div></div>

Let me guess,he Can order Body Armor for you,since he just happens to be a Dealer ?