• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So what's with the "points" thing?

Fursniper

Captain, USMM (retired)
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Arizona
Just wondering, do I get a new coffee maker or toaster after accumulating (and how does THAT happen?) enough points lol. I don't remember seeing the points thing discussed before & a friend asked me about this the other day. I suddenly realized I didn't have a clue what this was about. Can someone enlighten me!?

If I remember correctly at 500 points you get an autographed picture of frank suitable for framing! :unsure:

gallidvd04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: diverdon
I don't know the intention behind points, but I'm hoping that they will become kind of a quick check for reputation. For example: I am looking at something for sale and the seller had 0 points, I had better find some other way to protect myself but if he has 100 points then he probably values his interactions on the Hide more than the few bucks he might make from a scam.

I don't know the intention behind points, but I'm hoping that they will become kind of a quick check for reputation. For example: I am looking at something for sale and the seller had 0 points, I had better find some other way to protect myself but if he has 100 points then he probably values his interactions on the Hide more than the few bucks he might make from a scam.

Not a bad idea really. I usually just consider their post count to see if they have actually been a contributor or if they are here to just sell crap, especially if it's a high dollar item. Seems like some sort of "Gold member standing" would help but I haven't a clue what else could be used to qualify a member for that standing. Finding past sellers in the "good to go" thread is a real pain (unless I'm doing it wrong).

I had to look it up, it is a reputation system and reward system, I don't think I have it set, so right now it is default, but it relates to "Trophies" that users can earn so you have a visual reference to say, this guys has a good reputation

I will look into it more and get the trophies set up

On a similar note: did the new member selling rules change? Been a few things in the post exchange I've been interested in until I saw the person only had less than 20 posts each.

I had to look it up, it is a reputation system and reward system, I don't think I have it set, so right now it is default, but it relates to "Trophies" that users can earn so you have a visual reference to say, this guys has a good reputation

I will look into it more and get the trophies set up

Fantastic, looks like diverdon's wish came true! Thanks for clarifying Frank, great feature that I'm sure will be appreciated by all!

Some are grandfathered in because the old system used time also, it was not just post count, it was also 45 days a member, this will be just post count moving forward.

Basically, any member that had a sales account will get forwarded to full member, any time we change stuff universally like we did, the lines will be blurred as to who's account falls where, the systems are so different it's easier to just default to full member