• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So who's got a Deuce on order?

According to Derek with Ultimatum, the Deuce will start shipping out next month. They must take custom orders on barrel profiles and lengths. I was sent this drawing and it shows an almost straight barrel, if you place an order without barrel specs I would imagine this is what you will get. I have talked with others and they said they ordered the MTU profile. I'll be getting the Shnuble end to match my other two IBI barrels and the PB-14r. That OD is .925"

Attachments

• 201655 INLET (Barrel dimension drawing) (2).PDF
    137.8 KB · Views: 110
Fwiw, I been told that same thing since June. Always next month.
That may be true, IDK. I figured for the 20% discount on their Black Friday sale I'd try one out. I'll still get a Vudoo whenever they come out with the 60° bolt throw in a repeater.

I have had one on order since early this year. They will do custom contour no problem I'm getting a 26" straight 1-1/16 as that is shank size. Last I talked with Derek is about a week ago. He said R&D is complete and they are tweaking production. They are planning on end of Jan shipping. Ryan at IBI has been running one he is happy with it.
I got tired of waiting and have a RimX on the way and one of the IBI prefits. I have put the Deuce on hold till IBI is completed fast twist testing...

Yeah, seen the one Ryan is shooting, looks good in the Manners stock.

I been talking with Derek through email and just discovered the the Deuce will not come with a mag. I replied back and asked him how is someone supposed to shoot it? I have never heard of someone selling a gun or barreled action and it not come with at least one mag. Heck, even the RimX comes with one.

Originally they were building them to work on Vudoo mags and not have there own. I'm not sure what all the reasons were to make their own mags. One reason I was told is that they were having difficulties having both round nose and flat nose feed perfectly at the same mag height with Vudoo mags. As I understand the feed angle is slightly different then Vudoo. Also with the adjustable inner mag you "should" beable to adjust to different chassis easier. Both the rifle and mags are supposed to be interchangeable with Vudoo. I have a couple of Ultimatum mags ordered and I have some Vudoo and soon RimX so I will be checking for myself. Personally Im a little concerned with the mag design as there is more parts. So possibly more chance of something moving and causing a miss feed in a match.

Can anyone explain the reverse cone breech, and or the benefit?
Yes. It allows you to replace a barrel or change your head space without worrying about the extractor cut. It also helps keep grime from building up at the breach.
The negative is that a coned breach is sensitive to dryfire and will be damaged it the firing pin hits it. I had a couple of discussions with ultimatum including their engineer on the dryfire aspect as that is a very important feature to me. The Deuce is supposed to be safe to dryfire and from how the system is setup i believe it should be safe IF you have the pin set correctly. If you mess with your firing pin protrusion you could damage the chamber.

Fwiw, I been told that same thing since June. Always next month.

yep, they’ve had my full payment for the Deuce since August I believe, and it’s always been “expecting to ship them sometime NEXT month”. Doesn’t sound like it’ll make it for Christmas as a gift for my son,...that freakin’ sucks. I get that COVID has been a cluster for everyone, but I don’t understand the lack of communication & management of expectations. 😣😣😣

I've been waiting on these to make it into the wild for some reports before ordering. I hate to hear that they are still being delayed and the news on the magazine is new to me...

Here is a link to some pictures of the mags

I have a few mag photos. Two are supposed to be the aluminum one and two are the poly. Hard for me to tell the difference but the first two are the black poly mags and the last two are the aluminum which is supposed to have a grey appearance. The aluminum is $139 and the poly is $99. Derek said the Vudoo mags are still an option. I told Derek to put me down for two poly mags and I'd save $78. But who knows, I might change my mind and get one of each.
20201209_094532.jpg
20201209_094540.jpg
Screenshot_20201209-103735_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20201209-103853_Instagram.jpg

Action looks nice and sturdy, be interesting to see how these turn out....keep us posted KOD.

I have one on order. My mags shipped out Friday. Hopefully that means the barreled actions will start shipping soon.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
I don't really want to cancel my order but I would like some info that is not just next month. Like just be straight with how far out we are.

Personally they look super I'm not a patient person though , I'm a compulsive buyer when I want it I get it or build it. They look solid though.

I had a conversation with them today. They are waiting on a few parts from a CNC still. The supplier has told them they will ship in a few weeks.

Reactions: Luke22:36
???
I thought they were just waiting on the ATF to renew their import license, or something like that. ??? The rifle looks like it could be a winner, but the lack of communication from Ultimatum is very frustrating. How hard is it to send a blast email out to customers that are waiting on orders? Or post something on the web, social media, or in here? I really wanna give em’ as much benefit of the doubt & grace as possible, but c’mon guys. Patience is getting pretty thin. 😫😤😩

At one time IBI barrels was waiting on their import license, that was a few years back. Ultimatum may be waiting too.

Regardless of import license the problem with Ultimatum is we are not hearing anything about the Deuce from anywhere, not even Canada where it's made. That tells me the Deuce is still not available to the public in general. There are a few out there such as the one Ryan Steacy with IBI has.

I don't know what the issue is, be it lack of supplier support, raw materials, china virus, poor management and/or planning, the list can go on. Ultimatum introduced this rifle at a shot show, what, a year or two back? been so long I don't even remember now. They lost my money.

I believe they just got their license renewal done now.
They are not available up here either. It seem they are telling the truth about parts supply has been the issue. It would have been best if they had kept guys in the preorder updated but....

Its going to be a very hard time for them to get established in the 22lr world now. A lot of guys went RimX for this season. I'm one of them. If the deuce has no weak points it will succeed (vudoo, rimx, bergara all have one) if its just another 700 foot print....

I know this about the rimfire, but picking up a deadline at the FFL today.
Exporting license must be sorted out now.

Curious to see if it can beat a Vudoo since it’s the around the same price. Would love to see comparison between the IBI, Ace, and Bartlein barrel.

I know this about the rimfire, but picking up a deadline at the FFL today.
Exporting license must be sorted out now.
I have had a deadline 6.5 w/proof carbon barrel in an mdt ess chassis for 2 years. Over 2,500 rounds through it. I LOVE IT, hope you do too.

I have had a deadline 6.5 w/proof carbon barrel in an mdt ess chassis for 2 years. Over 2,500 rounds through it. I LOVE IT, hope you do too.

Just like it says, curious to know how many in here have one on order.
Just received my Deuce and mounted it in an MDT LSS GEN2 chassis so it is similar to my 6.5 Deadline. Can’t wait to get it to the range. FYI, have had no luck getting the VUDOO 10 round poly mag to feed in the Deuce. Also be aware that the threads for the suppressor are longer than many barrels. My Switchback would not lock up without a spacer, it just bottomed out. Beware!

Attachments

• 79143A24-E14E-4440-B147-6F9C1803AA3C.jpeg
    79143A24-E14E-4440-B147-6F9C1803AA3C.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 88
This is reality. Received barreled action about a week ago. Built with MDT LSS-XL GEN2 Chassis with Skeleton Stock, NIGHTFORCE NX-8 4-32 scope, Triggertech 2 Stage trigger, Switchback Suppressor, Atlas Bipod and Area 419 Arca rail. Sweet setup. Only issue thus far is some feed issues with the magazine But Ultimatum is working with me on issue.

Attachments

• 22C51059-1C52-4212-8F3B-0CC5360E5274.jpeg
    22C51059-1C52-4212-8F3B-0CC5360E5274.jpeg
    413.7 KB · Views: 47