• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SoCal - Precision Rimfire Challenge - Oct 3 &4, 09

Timberwolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2003
Palmdale, CA
Precision Rimfire Challenge
October 3 & 4, 2009

A Place to Shoot in Saugus, CA will be hosting a Precision Rimfire Challenge on October 3, 2009 and October 4, 2009. This will be a two day event, encompassing a minimum of fifteen (15) to a maximum (depending on time) of twenty (20) stages. The round count should be between 150 and 200 rounds.

Sign in will officially begin at 1:00 p.m. (however you can come earlier if you like) on October 3, 2009 and there will be a mandatory shooter’s meeting at 2:15 p.m. We will then go hot at 3:00 p.m. and end around 6:00 p.m. on the first day. We will resume at 8:00 a.m. on October 4, 2009 and be finished shooting around 12:00 noon. A BBQ will follow the shooting event and the awards will then be given out after everyone has had a chance to enjoy my wife’s cooking. Plaques will for awarded to the top three finishers.

This match is for 22LR only and is open to bolt action as well as semi auto rifles. Ammo will be restricted to standard velocity ammunition with all lead bullets. (Target ammo such as Wolf Match Target is highly recommended). Targets will be a combination of paper, steel, and disintegrating and be static, reactive, or moving. The yardages will range from 25 yards to 200 yards. In other words be ready for a little of everything.

The fee for the match will be $65.00. This match will be limited to 20 competitors only and early registration is required so I can get an accurate count for the BBQ (gotta know how much grub to buy), As always you can register by simply emailing me or PMing me through this cite and let me know you’ll be coming; Fees are payable when you sign in. If you want to register or have any questions either PM me through this forum or email me directly at [email protected]

Also as a note as of this writing there will be no camping allowed at A Place to Shoot. For those wishing to spend the night locally there are accommodations in either Santa Clarita to the south, or Palmdale to the north. If this changes I will let all know.

Re: SoCal - Precision Rimfire Challenge - Oct 3 &4, 09

As an update – at this point we have eleven shooters signed up for the Prec Rimfire Challenge scheduled for this weekend.

They are:
M. Edgreen
D. Dolan
J. Dolan
D. Dannehl
B. Serebreni
B. Wong
F. Kupis + 2
B. Johnson

My wife will be buying the food on Thursday so I will need an accurate count by at least Wednesday evening so we can get the appropriate amount of food. Also at least two of the stages will require me closing the HP range (Sat. night) and other stages will require me reserving bays at the HP range (Sunday morning) so I need a good estimate of how many to plan for so all can run smoothly without any long delays in shooting time.

That said the match will consist of a minimum of 15 stages, with 3 additional alternate stages which may or may not be run depending on the time frames. Round count will be approximately 120 – 150 rounds but I would bring a minimum of 200 rounds just in case I throw in a surprise or two.

If you wish to participate and your name is not on the list email or PM me ASAP, also if your name is on the list and for any reason you cannot attend please let me know ASAP.

See y’all Saturday.