• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Socks for cowboy boots

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    Tried 3 brands of tall boot socks and they all slip down. Its there a way to hold them up or a brand that won't slip down?

your boots are too big if your socks are getting sucked down

1616199792475.png

This could be epic if someone had posted chicks with NO socks and cowgirl boots, Just saying.

HERD WEAR makes an excellent boot sock, they are pricey, but worth it. American made also.

Your boots are either too big or you need to get rid of your 10 year old socks and buy new ones.

seeing that you are asking this, these are probably your first pair, and you probably bought them too big. They need to be tight when you first buy them so when they break in they conform to your feet and fit perfect.

Reactions: jrassy and candyx
    I wear boots 99.99% of the time. I never wear anything but cotton ankle socks. No problems whatsoever.

Now, extended exposure in frigid temps (hunting, etc), then yes - tall, thick wool socks over cotton ankle socks.

These socks should stay up as long as your not bending over.View attachment 7585906
    Likely has a pair if he really posted a thread asking about socks on here. 😁
    Next will be asking which purse goes best with his boots and belt....

Also, besides Darn Tough (good stuff, there are Point6 (US made) and Farm to Feet (US made as well).
    Point6 are the folks who started Smartwool eons ago. Then they were big and their board voted to sell to Timberland. When their non-compete ran out, they started again, to make US made high quality socks. I have a few pairs for running and my daughter likes them for hiking and skiing. Most socks suck. These 3 brands treat me very well.

Dan Post over the calf boot socks have been my go to for like 8 years now...

Reactions: Ison
    Some of these I've never heard of, but will keep an eye out for them.

Smartwool makes a nice sock, expensive, but good. I was told they will repair or replace them if you send them in. Was also told to let them airdry to prolong the life.

I wear no show socks even with boots, I ain't no bitch.

Also it's hard to find socks that fit right as I'm giant.

Reactions: Krob95
    Ask a local Farmer he should know about what brand of socks to use. When they stand at the top of a hill with the sheep facing down the hill and they put the rear legs of the sheep in their boots and that sheep keeps bucking back you need strong socks.

Animal,
    I wore steel toed boots for 43 year in the oilpatch, including slip on boots and specifically steel toed Cowboy Boots.
    These are the best socks I found. They are comfortable and do not slip and they hold up to the Offshore Washing Machines which are brutal to clothes.
    Do recommend

gid2VsCh.png

Animal,
    I wore steel toed boots for 43 year in the oilpatch, including slip on boots and specifically steel toed Cowboy Boots.
    These are the best socks I found. They are comfortable and do not slip and they hold up to the Offshore Washing Machines which are brutal to clothes.
    Do recommend

gid2VsCh.png
    I may give these a try as I work in the oilfield and wear slip on steel toed boots. I mainly just wear no show socks from Walmart as thats just what I’ve always done.

Wrong. Not a foot guy. You people always think that. Stop protecting you fetishist stuff onto me.
    Nah man, feet are nasty.

I've seen people's feet with bed sores so bad the entire heel bone is exposed. That's what I think of when I see feet.

Are these old boots or new boots? If your socks are slipping, I agree with the above that the boots don't fit properly. If they are new maybe they just haven't conformed to your feet properly yet if they're old just thick boot socks from Walmart or Academy

Had a buddy in college wore squared toed cowboy boots everyday. You know the ones with the eagle tooled on the sides? When he took those bastards off the stink was unbelievable! No shit!

Bought a pair of Darn Tough, solved the problem. Also bought a pair of Fox River, but not arrived yet. Will buy more of whichever of those feel best

Thanks to all

Reactions: BigTex
    RED Wing branded socks have worked great. I am sure someone else makes them but I have bought them for years to solve this is exact problem

Often times its the boots not the socks. Justin American slip on work boots ate my socks. Red Wing Pecos did not.

If those don't work out for you give Duluth socks a try. Wear them everyday with slip on boots and never have a problem. They may be their compression socks can't remember.