• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOCOM PSR

Re: SOCOM PSR

it took 5 years for the SCAR To get in the hands of shooters i wouldn't hold my breath for this.

They settled the M24 upgrade fast, there are posts on it to covert them all to 300WM along with the MSR Chassis... posts can be found. Basically new Remington.

well then here is to hoping cuz I would love to have a 338.

Yeah, I am still waiting as I know that there were some pretty great rifles in the competition.

Also it seems that the ammo side of this have really pushed forward as a result of the solicitation..

To save myself Google-fu time - do you know if DTA participates in this competition? Or are they settled on Remington (not that it's a bad platform)?

i know there was a AI, DTA, Remington, a cheytec, and i believe a mcmilllan from what a couple buddies told me but there are a few more i don't remember. from what i've heard its been narrowed down a couple times so i don't know who's left.

The smartest thing they did was when they separated the optic ammo and I believe the suppressor from the rifle itself. The first bid was a goat rope.

Cheers,

Doc

yeah i can only imagine trying to decide on a "system" ugh.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes DTA is competing for the PSR competition. </div></div>
Great!!

As far as I know the optic was the only thing seperated from the original PSR solicitation. I know that the optics proposals we just due. Weapons, Suppressor and ammunition for evaluation were all submitted together and sent to Yuma ,Az for testing.

Here is who I believe did submit with 338's:
Sig Sauer - Tactical 2
Sako - Tactical TRG-42
Remington - MSR
Drake/PGM - PGM .338LM PSR
Barrett - MRAD M98
Accuracy International - AX?
PGW (Canada?) - Timberwolf?
Desert Tactical - SRS
FNH - Unique Alpine 338

Anyone have any other ideas on who submitted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i thought cheytac and mcmillan had entries </div></div>could have sworn i saw something about cheytac going out of business? or was that someone else?

It was my understanding from someone who was entering a rifle for this selection process that they changed the specs again in August or September and bumped the submission date once again... He may be FoS but generally he is dead on with his intel.

JeffVN