• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOCOM toys...

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    So I finally got some time to upload some pics from last week spent at SOFIC. There was some pretty neat stuff. Got to spend a few minutes talking with the Leupold CS rep and even saw an example of the Accurate Mag Modular rifle system. All in all it was a pretty busy week, but glad I had time to hit up some of the displays in the mrning before it opened up to the crowds...
    IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Some pretty cool shit...

So I finally got some time to upload some pics from last week spent at SOFIC. There was some pretty neat stuff. Got to spend a few minutes talking with the Leupold CS rep and even saw an example of the Accurate Mag Modular rifle system. All in all it was a pretty busy week, but glad I had time to hit up some of the displays in the mrning before it opened up to the crowds...
    View attachment 6907701

Quite the wonderland of toys; who makes the above, RP Advanced Mobile ?

Last edited:
    So what happened happened to the OV10 Bronco . I don't think she has armor and may carry less but she's one sexy bitch . Seriosly I dare ya to tell me you couldnt rub one out to that .

Dude, that's some cool shit. Really like the war pigs, the drone with the GAU16 was the tits. That plane was cool as shit too, it wouldn't replace an A10 but it's still a total badass.

So what happened happened to the OV10 Bronco . I don't think she has armor and may carry less but she's one sexy bitch . Seriosly I dare ya to tell me you couldnt rub one out to that .

Where'd you see an OV10?

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Hi,
    The Iomax Archangel is actually a better version of modified air tractors than the L3 Longsword.
    The Archangel has more powerful engines, better protected fuselage, etc. It is being used in Jordan, Egypt, UAE and Saudi RIGHT NOW as its' proving fields.

Last OV10s I seen were in South America..they were part of US Department of State Air Wing operated by DynCorp.

The USAF is currently conducting testing of the Longsword, Archangel, Bronco, Super Tucano, Textron Scorpion and few other craft built for COIN operations because they are just so much cheaper to operate and maintain than the "larger" planes for those missions.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: MarinePMI
    I think on the last day it was. The "demonstration" (hostage rescue on board a ship) was free to the public. Blackhawks, little birds, GAU's and guys fast roping onto a ship always draws a crowd (especially when the Blackhawks and little birds are coming down the canal, 20ft off the water with three story buildings on each side). Security getting in is a bit tight, but justifiably so.

You can hit up the NDIA SOFIC website for more info...

Check that, open only to press/media and industry/military. The outdoor displays were open to the public however....

Reactions: Barneybdb
    Hi,
    Looks to be the L3 Technologies "Longsword" but it could be a super early model of the "Archangel" modified Air tractor.
    But from memory that guy standing there is indeed from L3.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    I believe it's based on the 802. It would be fun.

Had to edit my post as the above came in about the same time.

Crop duster.

You would not believe how quick they can turn over a field. They are way cool to watch and can carry A LOT of weight for their size. I completely understand it’s concept. It would be like a 1/2 size Warthog.