• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soda Can At 250 Yards

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
Here is a link to this topic (Shooting a soda at 250 yards) that has sparked a debate on another website by many nay sayers that don't believe it can be done.

http://minuteofangle.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-range-rimfires-with-style.html

Many short range shooters (100 yards and under) seem to feel that it can't be done, but then they have never tested themself like we do here to see if it can be done with reasonable results.

What are reasonable results shooting at say a 3 x 5 inch gong or index card from 250 yards? This old Army guy feels 50 to 67% (Marksman) is reasonable out of 25 shots. 68 to 83% (Sharpshooter) is very good. 84% and up (Expert) is outstanding.

Some of you may very well know of this debate on another website. If so, you know what I'm talking about. Around here (Sniper's Hide) we shoot 200 yards and think nothing of it. We embrace the challenge to test ourself and our equipment. We look beyond 200 yards and shrink the odds of hitting the target - yet we overcome and apply our shooting skills and get it done.

In short, I wonder what some of you think about this and who will meet the challenge of 3 x 5 inches from 250 yards. I know I'll give it a go. Not because I need to find out, but simply to many say it can't be done.

Thoughts?

Re: Soda Can At 250 Yards

It can be done, and I am no exceptional shot. I would put up a 8" plate with the savage and make hits all day at 300. Could I do it 8 out of 10, no, but maybe somone more consistent than I could.

Yes it can be done with regularity. I watched a child hit a spot that big better than 50% at 240yds last weekend. He shot prone with no bench. If you want to see it repeated come to Conover NC this weekend and stay for the side match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Around here (Sniper's Hide) we shoot 200 yards and think nothing of it. We embrace the challenge to test ourself and our equipment. We look beyond 200 yards and shrink the odds of hitting the target - yet we overcome and apply our shooting skills and get it done.

Thoughts? </div></div>

that's why i frequent here and not as much as "the other website" or any other website - most don'ty want to go past 50yards (which is ok) but they find it hard to believe - almost impossible - and call BS when talking about going out to 200+.

there's no doubt in my mind that carter mayfield and berga could nail that can at 250 in the 80%+ catagory.

as my range doesn't approve of anything but paper targets, i'll have to remind myself to trace a can on paper and give it a whirl.

chances are i'll be in the lower percentages, BUT mostly due to some equipment that isn't quite as precise as others. if i can't access the 250 yards due to other shooter's, i'll reduce the size to 2.4" x 4" which should scale properly at 200.

from most of the groups at distance i see posted here, probably most of the rimfire guys here could at least make the marksman status.

like that quote from a movie "don't tell me what i can't do"

this website kicks their website's butt!
mad.gif

This is why Sniper's Hide is number one. Our members never shy away from this kind of shooting. This is what we do, this is what we know. There was no doubt in my mind we would get positive feed back on this post. Outstanding!
smile.gif

I am a member of the Winnequah Gun club of Lodi,WI. The club has a .22 LR only Tuesday evening fun shot from a bench with sand bag rests. The distance is 300 yards and the target is a metal buffalo silhouette that will fit on an 8 inch by 11 inch sheet of paper. I am going to be shooting in the "Buffalo" league this season. Good way to learn and practice shooting skills without the ammo cost breaking the bank.

Here's what I'll shoot at from 250 yards. Since we have rain in the forecast for the next 9 days I will shape this metal a bit more to match the can.
004.jpg

That is the second time I have read that blog or whatever you would like to call it and I have to say I find it very odd that people won't even try things like this simply because they think it cannot be done. Why is that? Why does the average shooter think that anything they can't or haven't done is impossible? Here is a very big problem among shooters I feel, and that is they won't believe anything that may seem "impossible" from their limited experiance... I came into this sport being well read and ready to learn a ton more if I could, and believe me I certainly did. And I am still learning and probably will be for the rest of my life!

Why is it so difficult, for the average shooter, to accept that they don't know everything. Would it not be a world better to try things for yourself than to just criticize what others tell you is right and wrong? To differentiate from what is possible and what you the shooter are capable of. Understanding is something that many out there lack, but what I find amazing is the unwillingness to learn from others who are more knowledeable than yourself. Men and women that have years of shooting experiance and many accomplishments under their belts get the remarks of uneducated "marksmen" day in and day out.

We have many experts to learn from here at Sniper's Hide and I take great pleasure in learning all that I can from this forum, and then going out and doing what I've learned myself, to prove it correct. One reason I love it so much here, is that for every incorrect post, there is always at least ten more correct posts to correct it. I love it here and scarecly visit anywhere else simply because the amount of correct and proven info is so abundant and spews from (almost) every thread in many of the forums. There is no absence of things to learn and I find it very regrettable that people of these shooting sports are so set in their ways that their egotistic views overshadow the fact that they are wrong in many theories they cling to. And what's worse is that in many cases, those theories were just passed down unto them by other shooters of the same species.

These are my views and yes I did go off and vent a bit, sorry If I'm stepping on any toes.

-Dylan

i shoot a 8 inch chicken at 200 yards with my stevens 416 and 6x lymann scope , both rifle and scope are circa 1943. i can hit it 10 out of 10 times no problem.

Oh heck yeah it can be done. Wind is the biggest problem. 1 mph at that distance is really gonna screw with a 40 grain bullet going 600fps lol.

I shoot 22lr at steel discs measuring about 18inches at 250 yards. I use alot of elevation, and 3x as much windage, but ive never shot at a can.

I shoot for fun, not to get frustrated trying impossible tasks.

I bagged a medium size party balloon on my first shot with the iron sights set on 200 with some wind. I'm certain the soda can can be done.

And for a self esteem booster- I might just use 20 oz cans lol

It can be done.

With a 22LR, the ammunition choice is even more important to the outcome than with other calibers, in my opinion. While ammunition is always a contributing variable, I think it is even more important with a 22LR.

A lot of people shoot 22LR at the range I go to and almost all of them would also tell you that past 100y, you might as well just do a mag dump. They are also mostly shooting the Federal bulk packs and semi auto Rugers; with that ammunition you will be lucky to stay on a soda can at 100y let alone further.

I run a Savage MKII, Vortex scope and Karsten cheekpiece. Everything else is the way it came out of the box. Once I found that Wolf Target and FGMM ammo is what it liked I didn't even bother to shoot any less than 100y. If you want to learn how to REALLY call wind, you will learn this very quickly trying to accurately shoot groups with a 22LR as 'negligible' change in wind for a larger caliber can toss you to the other side of the black all together.

Once I got everything down and was confidant in my wind calls, I started shooting at wooden 'coins' that were about the size of a half dollar piece. When I would constantly bust them up I would wait 10 minutes and try again to let the environmental changes become a bit random forcing me to start all over. I've won more than a few drinks and lunches with bets as to if I could hit that wooden coin...

I'm going to try the soda can at 250y. At 200 I normally shoot at a grid target but have been considering buying some sort of steel or varmint target.

Hell yea it can be done at considerablly longer ranges.

take the Gateway dynamite shoot , these targets are soda cans filled with an explosive.

There are some really good shooters that show up and do well.

I personally know three shooters that have hit targets at 1k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell yea it can be done at considerablly longer ranges.

take the Gateway dynamite shoot , these targets are soda cans filled with an explosive.

There are some really good shooters that show up and do well.

I personally know three shooters that have hit targets at 1k. </div></div>I love "dynamite targets", The three shooter you know that have hit at 1k-watch out for those guys! A 40 grain 22 at 1000fps drops over 3400 inches at a 1000 (bc.1) thats close to 340MOA!!! Now that's some gooood shooting.

LOL,I failed to look at the link referencing 22lr.

I thought what a bunch of ninnys arguing about 250yrds and soda cans.

My bad

I can hit one every 3 shots with crappy ammo on a windy day. Never tried with match ammo as its not available here and a non windy day just has not happened for me yet. Was nailing clay's at 300yards every 3rd or 4th round as well. And all of this was done with hold overs, scope was still set for 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL,I failed to look at the link referencing 22lr.

I thought what a bunch of ninnys arguing about 250yrds and soda cans.

My bad </div></div>
This is the RIMFIRE section
wink.gif

grin.gif

I regularly hit a 6"x6" square plate at 200 and 300 with good ammo and NO wind. I am 100% sure someone with some serious skills can hit a soda can with regularity at that distance.

I tried my hand at a golf ball at 225 yards 3 days ago. I made the golf ball move 3 out of 10 shots. Don't know if I actually hit it, but I could see the ball just shift it's place in the dirt. The other 7 were pretty close. Didn't connect, but they sure were close
smile.gif

Yeah I got suckered into this as well. I'm thinking "what self respecting person here can't hit a soda can at 250yds". Then I finally saw the kicker, ohhh, 22LR. Difficult, but doable.

My problem is that our range probably won't let us even TRY with a 22LR at 200 yds. 22's are to shoot at the 50 yd range. The "big boys" get to shoot their "big boy guns" at the 200 yd <cough> range. This is the mentality that perpetuates the notion that 22's can't be shot at distance.

I'll have to get creative around my property to find a spot where I can shoot that far without going to the range as I've just gotta try.

Since the local newspaper here where I live works very close with our shooting range and its events, I believe I'll ask them to document the shooting of this soda can (soda can gong) from 250 yards when I'm prepared to shoot it for record. I'm sure they'll do it. One of the nice little perks of small town living in a pro-gun state.
smile.gif

HELL YES it cane be done. Like others have said...the right equipment is crucial (especially the shooter and the ammo). I wouldn't suggest trying it with a crappy rifle or crappy ammo, but all things being equal, with a decent rifle, quality ammo, and a shooter that knows what they are doing and can read wind and env. conditions worth a damn...I don't see a 12oz can at 250yds as anything close of some sort of "impossible shot" with a .22LR like those mouth-breathers on certain "other" forums suggest (not the "MOA" Blog posted by the OP).

My local range stops at 200 but I will center a few 3X5 index cards on some larger sheets of paper (so we can all see how many times I miss, lol) and try my luck with it. I have plans to head up north a little on April 16th for some longer range work with it so I will try the same at 250 and 300. I will post the pics when I am done. Great thread!!!

I just now saw this thread but i was shooting my .17 out to 300 yesterday on an 8x8" plate. No big deal. Wind however was a big deal. If I waited till the wind died down a little, I had about a 4" group. 200yard was around 3". I am no marksman by anyone's standards but it can be done.

Savage .17
CCI 17gr
Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 (it was just laying around and I needed a scope)
Wind was full value gusting to 15mph average 6-8mph. (remember, i let the wind die a little before shooting groups!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rem sendero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the mouth breathers are the rimfirecental people, the "MOA" blog says it can be done. </div></div>

That was my "goof" in stating that. Unintended screw up on my part as I realize that the purpose of the MOA Blog post was to encourage long-range shooting with the .22LR to sharpen skills. I "fixed" my previous post.

Wow. Yes, it totally can be done. If I have some steel, or maybe just a can I'll do it and film it.

I can hit a clay trap disk at 200, and then shoot the pieces, and I can hit a 6" circle at 300.

The wind holdover might be 2MILS, but it's doable. The thing about internet is you can reach a bigger audience. Everyone has an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. It get especially stinky when all those "weird" opinions are in the same place.

I was 100% at 100yds with my T/C 10" pistol with 2.5x scope at 100yds this weekend on some skunked beer in cans I had laying around. My guess was my drop was around 3"-4" out of the short barreled pistol with Federal Bulk ammo. Gearing up to do a Rimfire Groundhog hunt video with it this summer and wanted to get in some range time. With a well built rifle, clear optics, and some range time, I don't see a problem with it. Like stated above, wind is your worst enemy. Like any rifle, you'll need to work out what load shoots best too, the rest is math and how still you can hold.

Just to add to the chorus...

My wife, sons, and I shoot at an old 10-gallon propane tank at over 200 yards with some regularity. We only use cheap bulk high velocity ammo, and, admittedly, the tank is much larger than a soda can, but with a scope it is really quite easy. My wife even hits it regularly with open sights, which is tricky since the hold over completely obscures the tank.

Seems kinda funny how many people seem to forget that ballistics are ballistics, and think a 22 is a 50-yard cartridge, while at the same time other folks don't seem to realize that a 10 mph crosswind will push a 17 HMR about 3 inches at 100 yards. This might be why we tend to avoid formal ranges and go shoot in the desert, where we can plink at 10 yards or air out the centerfires to over 1,000 yards as we see fit.

As a kid 20+ years ago, I had a hit ratio of 3 to 4 blackbirds for every 10 shots fired at 180 yards, using nothing more than a 77/22 and a 30 dollar Simmons 3-9x scope. I'd dial down the power and use the transition point where the duplex reticle sharply angled down from heavy to light forming a makeshift triangle as my aiming point. Wind was the limiting factor.

When the farmer plowed the field and the turned soil dried a bit there were these nice fist size dirt chunks available from 0 to 800 yards to shoot at. Having a nearly unlimited ammo supply (dad would keep me supplied) I had little problem making hits out to 450-500 yards walking them into the Lighter colored dirt clumps. I could shoot out to about 550 before it was no longer feasible to use the dialed down scope. My biggest feat was a one shot kill on a possum at 250-300 using the old yellow jacket Remington ammo (before Remington let the QC slip).

A pop can at 200-250 should not be too difficult, wind would be the only limiting factor.

Those were the days... rereading tales of Carlos Hathcock and looking for VC in the woods & making pungie (spelling) stake holes here and there
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a link to this topic (Shooting a soda at 250 yards) that has sparked a debate on another website by many nay sayers that don't believe it can be done.

http://minuteofangle.blogspot.com/2011/03/long-range-rimfires-with-style.html

Many short range shooters (100 yards and under) seem to feel that it can't be done, but then they have never tested themself like we do here to see if it can be done with reasonable results.

What are reasonable results shooting at say a 3 x 5 inch gong or index card from 250 yards? This old Army guy feels 50 to 67% (Marksman) is reasonable out of 25 shots. 68 to 83% (Sharpshooter) is very good. 84% and up (Expert) is outstanding.

Some of you may very well know of this debate on another website. If so, you know what I'm talking about. Around here (Sniper's Hide) we shoot 200 yards and think nothing of it. We embrace the challenge to test ourself and our equipment. We look beyond 200 yards and shrink the odds of hitting the target - yet we overcome and apply our shooting skills and get it done.

In short, I wonder what some of you think about this and who will meet the challenge of 3 x 5 inches from 250 yards. I know I'll give it a go. Not because I need to find out, but simply to many say it can't be done.

Thoughts? </div></div>

I think we all agree that not only is it possible but not really all that hard to hit the pop can at 250Y.Especially on a calm day.

The place where I go we'll take a bunch of little 2.5-4 MOA different sized-different shaped steels and set them up on the ground at various distances depending on what we feel like for the day.We mostly shoot from 125 to 225Y,laze em with the RF and have at it.It's not too long before they are all down and we have to go set em back up.It's a blast doing it this way!

The biggest problem is of course the wind but haven't you guys experienced a few vertical problems at distance with 22's,like say 3-4 rounds per 50 box? This problem becomes really apparent at 300-400Y.I'm not talking about a gun problem (I think?) but a ammo problem.I shoot a Anschutz that groups 1/2" or less at 50Y and use WolfMT.I've tried T22,WolfME,Fed 711,Aguila match and a few more of the medium priced 22's.I'm a cheap ass and for the plinking that I do I would rather miss than pay more than say $8 a box of 50.

Have you guys eliminated vertical flyers by sizing,sorting,weighing,measuring? Any thoughts/links/pics would be appreciated.

I know this may sound somewhat crazy, but I've had very good results using the Eley Sport (1085 fps) in my Savage MKII FVT.

The 711B did (or has) gave me verticle strings at 200 yards, but the Eley Sport seemed to stay constant. Sure, my shot pattern gets spread out over the 4x5 inch gong, but mostly it will put the majority of the group within a 3 inch or so cluster, but not always where I would prefer to be on the gong.

There has of late been a lot of talk about verticle shot strings and I don't know for sure what to contribute this to as yet? Perhaps the time of year we are in now may have something to do with it? I'm thinking along the lines of sun shadows for lack of a better word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you guys eliminated vertical flyers by sizing,sorting,weighing,measuring? Any thoughts/links/pics would be appreciated.</div></div>
TOP PREDATOR did some testing, not sure if it eliminated any verticle problems but it's worth a try. It's really not that much of a hassle to do either. I like to weigh the spent casings to see if they're consistent enough to justify sorting by weight, but rim thickness can usually help at least a small amount. I plan to personally test it, and post my results. I also tried measuring OAL but didn't notice anything from the crap ammo I used. Everything will be done with Wolf MT now, and hopefully will yield better results.

22 ammo thru a mkII part 1 50 yards
22 ammo thru a mkII part 2 100 yards
22 ammo thru mkII part 3 multi yard

I have not tried a beverage can at 250, but have hit enough clay birds at 223, (that's yards not my AR) to be confident that I could hit one very shortly with my 10-22. Fire one with about 27 minutes of elevation on my 25 yard zero.
Spotting the first shot gives me a correction, maybe an elevation adjustment, then a slight shift in point of aim, I can get some hits before a ten round mag is empty.

The only parts left that are ruger is the bolt, spring assembly, and reciver.
55 minutes into the scope mount puts my 25 yard zero at 8 minutes from the bottom of the adjustment knob.
The scope has 88 minutes of elevation.
My record book is a bit thin at yardages other than the distance to the berms where I shoot. And those berms are 109
223, 320, 385, 426.

I feel bad... I have a 200 yard range and have never taken my 22LR out that far. I need to try some 300 yard shooting this weekend. I will use the 200 yard targets.

Soda can size at 200 yards is challenging.

I just overlayed a soda can on a couple of my 200 yard targets (shot at 215 yds). I think I would average about 18 - 19 out of 25 at that range. That is 75%. Add 35 yards to that. I would probably be 45% - 55% at 250 just as a rough guess... and this is after a few sighters.

Trying to hit it with no sighters, it would probably take me 3 to 4 shots to knock it down unless I got lucky. A first round hit isn't out of the question, but pretty unlikely.

Many nay-sayers are probably thinking about this more as a first round hit. If I were shooting at a p-dog at that range, I would have a VERY difficult time making that hit cold. Because the range is going to vary. If I knew the field and knew how much to hold over, the shot is makeable, but low probability.

For this soda can situation, once I am on, I could hit it pretty regularly, but definitely not every time. It certainly wouldn't be a one-in-a-million type shot.

Now I remember another thread where a guy was claiming sub-MOA at 500 yards or something with a 17 HMR... ok, THAT is impossible.

Soda can with a 22LR at 250. I think anyone here could do that at least once every 5 shots or so, assuming they don't run out of adjustment.

I have been doing the long range .22lr for years I just love to see peoples response when you sit down at the 250 yd range with your .22, and many times out shoot them with their centerfires. It is a way to really get good with your rifle. Last year I made a head shot on a squirel @ 80 yds off hand and it was only because I knew what my .22 rifle was capable of.(My hunting buddy was astonished)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(My hunting buddy was astonished) </div></div>

Not half as much as the squirrel probably was!!!
wink.gif

I know exactly what you mean. I love watching the guys at the range get 16 kinds of pi$$ed off when their new, fancy overpriced range toys get outshot by a .22LR at 200yds! Not that their rifles are bad or anything...but the drivers are less than stellar behind the wheel! It truly is some of the finest (and CHEAPEST) practice available for honing your skills (especially if you want to try to improve your wind reads/calls).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this may sound somewhat crazy, but I've had very good results using the Eley Sport (1085 fps) in my Savage MKII FVT.

The 711B did (or has) gave me verticle strings at 200 yards, but the Eley Sport seemed to stay constant. Sure, my shot pattern gets spread out over the 4x5 inch gong, but mostly it will put the majority of the group within a 3 inch or so cluster, but not always where I would prefer to be on the gong.

There has of late been a lot of talk about verticle shot strings and I don't know for sure what to contribute this to as yet? Perhaps the time of year we are in now may have something to do with it? I'm thinking along the lines of sun shadows for lack of a better word. </div></div>

Thanks for letting me know!

The Eley sport is one that I haven't tried yet.I've thought about buying a case just because they are such a good value for the price.

None of the Federal match ammo's shot real good in my 22's.I was really disappointed in it.

On 2 different occasions,years apart,I tried some CCI green tag.I could actually hear the difference in the sound of the crack it was so inconsistent.Didn't shoot too well either.

I should probably start my own thread about vertical with rimfires.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you guys eliminated vertical flyers by sizing,sorting,weighing,measuring? Any thoughts/links/pics would be appreciated.</div></div>
TOP PREDATOR did some testing, not sure if it eliminated any verticle problems but it's worth a try. It's really not that much of a hassle to do either. I like to weigh the spent casings to see if they're consistent enough to justify sorting by weight, but rim thickness can usually help at least a small amount. I plan to personally test it, and post my results. I also tried measuring OAL but didn't notice anything from the crap ammo I used. Everything will be done with Wolf MT now, and hopefully will yield better results.

22 ammo thru a mkII part 1 50 yards
22 ammo thru a mkII part 2 100 yards
22 ammo thru mkII part 3 multi yard

</div></div>

Thanks Dylan.

It's interesting that I came to the same conclusion as Top Predator.My tests weren't near as sophisticated as his or your's.The Wolf MT that shoots pretty darn good for $5.00 a box.I just bought another 1000 at Bruno's.I hope they shoot as well as the last batch.

This is my stock chart for std. velocity .22LR ammo.

Range Elevn Wind
[yards] [MOA] [MOA]
50 0.0 0.0
75 5.5 7.7
100 11.0 10.8
125 17.6 14.2
150 25.4 18.1
200 30.20 23.0
250 39.10 27.9
1070 fps - BC 0.130

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my stock chart for std. velocity .22LR ammo.

Range Elevn Wind
[yards] [MOA] [MOA]
50 0.0 0.0
75 5.5 7.7
100 11.0 10.8
125 17.6 14.2
150 25.4 18.1
200 30.20 23.0
250 39.10 27.9
1070 fps - BC 0.130
</div></div>

Wow, we have significantly different experiences. In my Anschutz 64 MPR with Wolf Target from a 50 yard zero I only need 6.5-6.75 moa to get to 100 and yesterday it took 43 MOA to hit at 300 yards. Same ammo in my 40x needed 44 MOA to hit at 300. I think the 28" barrel is actually slowing it down a little bit.

Can someone post a link to this 'other site' where the nay-sayers debate is going on? Or PM me the link if it's not allowed to be posted on this site? I'd be curious to read about the opposition. Going to give this challenge a shot next weekend.

250 yards should be no sweat!

I have shot small gongs at 350 and 400 yards with my 17hmr. If the conditions are good its even easier to achieve.

Haven't had the weather conditions yet. Not looking for perfect weather - just something other then rain & snow & high winds every damn day...

Things will clear off soon and then it's to the range.
smile.gif

762 shoots his out to 425 if i recall. but, can you guys do it standing in a boat?

Nothing like saying something is impossible to a group of can-do types....not much of a lr shooter but I am going to give this a try....can't wait till the real shooters here post their results.

I was making a SH Comp target tonight with the 5x7" and 5" Round Disc Gongs (on paper) and decided to throw a 2-11/16"x 4-3/4" soda can on the target. Figure I could set this at 200 yards and then move out to 250 yards.

001-2.jpg

kytrapper, if the weather around the country ever straightens out to a half way decent day, I think we'll see lots of hits on the ol' soda can from 250 yards.
smile.gif