• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft bolt gun cases

Any recommendations for a tactical rifle soft case for about 55 inches?
Galati gear mat is awesome and easy to deploy and use and you can shoot off it. I live mine! Very well made.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718-201140_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718-201140_Chrome.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220718-201135_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718-201135_Chrome.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 80

The Armageddon is going to be the best bang for your buck. Good price, great bag. Ive got 2.

I have two SERT PRB Precision Rifle Bags...one in 53" (Wolf Gray) and another in 46" (Multicam). They are the best rifle bags I own, and I have a few quality bags including the Armageddon. They are a bit pricey but the quality, design, craftsmanship and features are well worth it. When you're hauling around a $5000 rifle, with a $4000 scope, bipod, mags, and maybe a suppressor, these bags will protect it all. There's also a slot to keep your cleaning rod, which I think is very cool.

1658196843029.png

Reactions: tex68w and giumau1

I have this bag and plan to buy another one. I have a 26inch bolt gun with an ~8in suppressor attached and it fits fine. Made by Armageddon gear.

+1 GA Precision if it works for you

54" per their specs, but mine is a few years old and still looks almost new even though it gets taken to the range often.

Quality is great, made by Armageddon Gear; only downside is that it's VERY lacking in storage, but for the low price, can't be beat for carrying the rifle.

You’ve already decided, but my three recommendations for the next guy are:
  1. Armageddon Precision Rifle case. They make a full zip model now not shown on their site in 52” and 58”. I’d call to make sure you get the full zip if that’s what you want. Check into buying via Brownells for possible cheaper shipping. USA made. Nice fabric.
  2. The Bulldog Tactical Rifle Case (about $90 at Amazon or Sportsman’s). I believe they make the Cabela’s case in a post above. Not quite the quality of the others I’ve listed, but it’s the perfect size at 54” (they state it’s 52.5” ID, but it’s a couple inches longer than the AG 52”). Made in Asia somewhere.
  3. AIM Field Sports drag bags in a whole range of sizes (~40” to 60”). I own a 55”. Even have bags for right and left folders. A bit more crinkly fabric. Edit: Made in Britain China. Just found this out. Bad taste in my mouth.
My 26” barreled Rem 700 in a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis (unfolded) with a 9” suppressor on the end fits in AIM 55” (barely) and AG 58”. Might fit in the Bulldog, but I can’t remember.

I do know that my 24” Bergara Premier with 9” suppressor fits in the Bulldog.

Edit: actually this Cabelas case is the identical one to the Bulldog (except the zipper pulls). But the design cues of the other one also suggest Bulldog is the OEM too.

Last edited:
Triad tactical is worth a mention. Lots of storage, US made, opens flat, can secure the rifle in it, backpack strap option.

I need two or three more.