• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft multi rifle cases

EddieE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I'm looking for a soft rifle case that can handle 2 scoped bolt rifles sitting in chassis. Midway has one for 3-gun use. Anything that you can recommend?

I've heard mixed reports on the midway one, but almost ordered it over the weekend sales for giggles. I decided to try an Aim Sports soft double case for my carbines, it was under $100 and at least has ykk zippers, and double layer middle divider. Most of the soft cases under $100 don't even give you ykk zippers these days, total junk.

I haven't ran across anything so far I like for carrying 2 precision guns in one soft case. The problem is most of these "double gun" soft cases are a tight fit for two thin guns without optics. You add in two scopes both with big turrets, vertical grip and it won't even close, not only that but all of them I've seen the divider between the two guns is too thin. Worse yet, most have the carry handles in the wrong place for heavy barrel long range rifles to balance.

I really hate gun cases. A high end soft case can push $300-$400 now, yet provides very little real protection compared to a hard case, and $50-$100 soft gun cases fall apart. I completely understand and appreciate the time/effort that goes into a really well built tactical soft case, but I'm not an operator, I want a soft case to get me from the car to the shooting line, with descent zippers and seams. If I want durable protection I put my guns in pelican cases. Pelican's are just annoying heavy/bulky for running to and from the range with several guns.

Honestly, for just back and forth to the range use, I swear the cheap plano cases with the velcro straps and egg crate foam seem to be the best option for light, durable, and lasting. Outside of that I'll just keep picking up used pelican cases at gun shows.

I've heard mixed reports on the midway one, but almost ordered it over the weekend sales for giggles. I decided to try an Aim Sports soft double case for my carbines, it was under $100 and at least has ykk zippers, and double layer middle divider. Most of the soft cases under $100 don't even give you ykk zippers these days, total junk.

I haven't ran across anything so far I like for carrying 2 precision guns in one soft case. The problem is most of these "double gun" soft cases are a tight fit for two thin guns without optics. You add in two scopes both with big turrets, vertical grip and it won't even close, not only that but all of them I've seen the divider between the two guns is too thin. Worse yet, most have the carry handles in the wrong place for heavy barrel long range rifles to balance.

I really hate gun cases. A high end soft case can push $300-$400 now, yet provides very little real protection compared to a hard case, and $50-$100 soft gun cases fall apart. I completely understand and appreciate the time/effort that goes into a really well built tactical soft case, but I'm not an operator, I want a soft case to get me from the car to the shooting line, with descent zippers and seams. If I want durable protection I put my guns in pelican cases. Pelican's are just annoying heavy/bulky for running to and from the range with several guns.

Honestly, for just back and forth to the range use, I swear the cheap plano cases with the velcro straps and egg crate foam seem to be the best option for light, durable, and lasting. Outside of that I'll just keep picking up used pelican cases at gun shows.

Thanks. Don't know what YKK zippers are so I will read up on them. I'm trying to avoid taking two cases to the range, plus my back pack.

This has decent reviews, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...42e-e8f213ef368b&pf_rd_r=MFQQBFG697PMAY0F4QX2

I have more hard cases then I need, none of them fit my scoped precision guns and only one is big enough to barely fit my AR. They are definitely more protective in case of a fall or something. I will see if I can find one for two guns, scoped, vertical grips, etc.

YKK is pretty much the standard when it comes to high quality durable zippers. You'll see most of the higher end gear makes a point of mentioning them or it's assumed they are using them.

I’ve been using the Condor two rifle cases for a while now.
I prefer to use one bag per rifle though & don’t need the ancillary pouches on the side.