• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Softest Nylon Bore Brush?

prickett

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2019
I'm looking for the manufacturer of the least firm nylon bristled bore brush. I have a pair for my .223 and would like to get a pair for my 6.5, but can't remember what company made them. I want soft bristles so I can scrub (back and forth) my bore using the bore brush coated with Iosso or Chameleon bore paste.

Iosso makes some good nylon brushes. I use one in the bore and one in a size larger in the chamber.

Reactions: StaveyIL
I had just purchased Iosso brushes two days prior to posting, and they were stiffer than I thought. As mentioned above, I'm looking for brushes that will allow scrubbing (i.e. not pushing the brush out of the crown, then back in) so I can scrub problem areas in my bore. I thought the my softer brushes were Iosso, but found the Iossos were very stiff - and didn't look like the softer brushes that I have.

Reactions: roosterpig
Have put a little over 100 rounds through my NEW Savage 12 LRPV. After each range trip I patched out the chamber, throat and barrel with C4 a number of times until only very faint grey streaks were appearing. Well, today I decided to augment with some losso on a patch wrapped around a Parker Hale jag. Concentrated on the throat area and about the first 10" or so of barrel with about 10 or so back and forths. I was STUNNED by the amount of carbon and Lord knows what other grunge that just kept coming out of that barrel! Thought I`d do that just a couple of patches worth. I finally had to quit at about 8 or so patches and I don`t think I still got it all!
Now my question revolves around how frequently should I do that!

Reactions: roosterpig