• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Softest shooting cheytac?

Thank you. It's a Cadex Shadow rebarreled by Rob Vestal with a heavier 32", 1:7 twist Bartlein. Desert Tech .375 brake under the Elite Iron windrunner DT. NF 7-35 F1 w/ mil xt reticle and Charlie Tarac in front of that when needed.

• Wow
Reactions: GIXXER2000
I will have to say this recoils like a 308 with a can. Thanks to MACHTECH I got to shoot it yesterday. What an amazing rig!

Jake banging steel at a mile. Sorry for the humming in the background. That's the new magnetospeed barrel cooler going on another rifle next to him.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
Consider the DT HTI if you want to mitigate recoil. That way you can put a long fatty on it but not be beholden to it and you can go up to 416 or 50 BMG if you get the bug. My DT 375 with the can weighs about 35#. Also, it is a manageable length even with a 35" barrel which buys you extra speed.

However I disagree that it shoots like a 308. It kicks more than my 338 which kicks more than my 308 no doubt. it's just physics. It is confortable to shoot, but you notice it when you're trying to spot for yourself on small targets at range.

If you do get a 375 barrel for DT HTI, I suggest abotu 34-35" finish length, 1.620" for 7" then straight taper to 1.15". To me that is the perfect profile for that rig as a dedicated ELR gun.

Consider the DT HTI if you want to mitigate recoil. That way you can put a long fatty on it but not be beholden to it and you can go up to 416 or 50 BMG if you get the bug. My DT 375 with the can weighs about 35#. Also, it is a manageable length even with a 35" barrel which buys you extra speed.

However I disagree that it shoots like a 308. It kicks more than my 338 which kicks more than my 308 no doubt. it's just physics. It is confortable to shoot, but you notice it when you're trying to spot for yourself on small targets at range.

If you do get a 375 barrel for DT HTI, I suggest abotu 34-35" finish length, 1.620" for 7" then straight taper to 1.15". To me that is the perfect profile for that rig as a dedicated ELR gun.

I've heard that the DTI's had some of the worst felt recoil out of the .375+ options. Seems like it's commonly brought up as a negative to the HTI system.

I will say the recoil in the OP's video looks much more pleasant than my only .375 CT experience - which was a .375 CT with a .45 ACP can on the barrel. That suppressor really seemed to increase the magnitude of the recoil. Shooting prone, it must've moved my whole body back by 6".

Reactions: MACHTECH
I've heard that the DTI's had some of the worst felt recoil out of the .375+ options. Seems like it's commonly brought up as a negative to the HTI system.

I will say the recoil in the OP's video looks much more pleasant than my only .375 CT experience - which was a .375 CT with a .45 ACP can on the barrel. That suppressor really seemed to increase the magnitude of the recoil. Shooting prone, it must've moved my whole body back by 6".
I couldn't agree with you more. I wasn't going to comment, but I just sold two HTI's to get the modified Cadex. The HTI's are definitely not the softest recoiling of the big boys.