• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Software help with 6.5cm RL17 load test

BravoXray

Odark30
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Maryland
Does anyone have ballistx or similar software that can help me find the center of these groups?
My H4350 is all but gone but I have access to RL-17 and had to do some load testing (OCW variant). I think I know which load I'm want to go forward with to test at distance and gather MV, just want to make sure before using up any more components.
Unless someone else sees something in the tea leaves that I don't.
Thanks.
IMG_1784.JPG

Just for S&Gs
100 Yards
6.5CM Impact
24 Hawkhill 1:8
140 Berger Hybrid
RL-17
Lapua SRP
FGMM 205
Shot indoors 70*

42-42.4 looks like it could work. Maybe shoot those three again to confirm and assuming it checks out, pick a cw in the middle (42.2) and go with it.

Meanwhile download ballistic X and find the centers

42-42.4 looks like it could work. Maybe shoot those three again to confirm and assuming it checks out, pick a cw in the middle (42.2) and go with it.

Meanwhile download ballistic X and find the centers
Similar to what I was thinking. Ballistic X appears to only be available for Apple which is why I was out of luck. Is there any similar software available for android or PC?

Similar to what I was thinking. Ballistic X appears to only be available for Apple which is why I was out of luck. Is there any similar software available for android or PC?
Gotcha, didnt know you are on android. Unfortunately I dont know of any for that platform…For this ocw, i think 42.2 or something very close should work. Its in a pretty common charge weight range for the 140s.

Yeah, sounds good to me. I rather err on the side of not diving too much into the weeds when it comes to reloading.
I'll test it out tomorrow to see if gets me a velocity I'm happy with. If it's anywhere close to my previous load, I'm good and I can grab more of the RL-17 and stockpile while the getting is good.

Thanks, brother.

Reactions: nn8734