• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Sold: 26" Green Mountain 223Rem Match TL3 Barrel

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 13, 2013
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania
    Just finished review/testing this Green Mountain 224 barrel for accuracy. I shot a lot of GM 22lr barrels and they straight hammer so I wanted to do a little accuracy review/test on their centerfire barrels. First up was this 224 blank and it did not disappoint at all!

Can't keep them all. Recouping some costs to continue doing these tests..

26" Green Mountain TL3 Shouldered Prefit
    1.2" Straight Contour
    1-8 twist
    Muzzle Threaded 5/8-24
    Chambered by PVA with my 223Rem Match Eachus Chamber
    ( no turn Lapua 253 neck and 0.080 freebore)
    195rd down barrel

If your looking for a straight hammer to shoot 80's this is the barrel for you. Load development done for you with 80smk/Varget/Lapua brass/205M. This barrel shot consistent 5 shot groups in the 0.1s @ 100yd in both load development and seating depth testing. Consistent 0.5moa 10shot groups @ 300yd

SOLD

Last edited:
    Reactions: DIBBS
    Got any brass to go with it?

I mean, 223rem brass is a dime a dozen. You want 100pc of LC brass or something like that I can throw that in sure why not. Otherwise, I have the box of Lapua 223rem brass I used to test this barrel that has something like 7 firings on it... not much value to you...

But to clarify, I can throw in 100pc of sized, trimmed, cleaned, annealed ready to load 1xLC if you want...

Suprised this is still here shooting in the 0.1's consistently with load development already done and 100pcs of brass...

Reactions: DIBBS
    So with the Hunts Long Range 0.150” recoil lug I could fit this barrel on my Origin?
    I’ve been pondering doing this but haven’t read much from anyone using one.

Can you give me an overall ammo length with the 75ELDM and the 80SMK at 0.010 off the lands?
    If not, any overall ammo length. Preferably at the lands?
    I am looking to see if it will feed from any of my mags.

Can you give me an overall ammo length with the 75ELDM and the 80SMK at 0.010 off the lands?

Here is the COAL measurements I took for the following bullets TOUCHING the lands. So subtract 0.010 from these numbers if you want to know COAL 0.010 off lands...

75 ELD - 2.503"
    80 AMAX - 2.492"
    80 SMK - 2.473"

You can grab one of these for $39.99 if your current mags won't run these... these do up to 2.55" COAL like all my 223 AICS mags..

Well crap. Just finished measuring MDT mag after supper. Got back on here to PM for payment info.
    My magic touch continues lol.