• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Sold- Close it down.- S&W Victory .38 Special 4"

mi650

Undergrad Rifle Shooter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 30, 2010
    Michigan
    This sale is going to raise $$ for my daughters med bills.

As best I can tell, it went to the Navy in 1942/43.

With the Ordnance Bomb mark on the butt chances are pretty good that your revolver would letter as either a DSC or U.S. Maritime Commission shipped gun. There are examples of both in close proximity to your serial. Credit to ordnanceguy on the smith-wessonforum.

I haven't gotten a letter yet, so if anyone has better info, please speak up!

Came with fake ivory grips when I bought it:
    udvU6sY.jpg

OQTyTtU.jpg

pRUcePV.jpg

eVFnQAH.jpg

3CVQrg4.jpg

comCh3p.jpg

F6QhpTJ.jpg

I've since added correct grips. Will come with both.

apIdezm.jpg

$625 $600 ftf in central MI, or $650 shipped CONUS from my ffl to yours.. If it has to come from an FFL, my local guy charges $35 for his services.

Possible trade options: Basic Glock in 9mm, 10mm, or .45ACP full size or compact, S&W M&P, something similar...

Last edited:
    Back to the top!

Reasonable offers considered.

It's marked 38 S&W Special, which is 38 Special, unless I'm mistaken.

comCh3p.jpg

What's the serial number on the butt and is it stamped Navy on the top left, can't tell on the pics?

What's the serial number on the butt and is it stamped Navy on the top left, can't tell on the pics?
    It is not marked Navy. I found a serial number range that was sent to the Dept. of the Navy, and this serial# was within the range. Hence my guess. I haven't been curious enough to send S&W $100 to find out for sure.

F6QhpTJ.jpg

Back to the top!

Possible trade options: Basic Glock in 9mm, 10mm, or .45ACP full size or compact, S&W M&P, something similar...

Last edited: