• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms SOLD Custom 223 BA or complete rifle.

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
Modacam Custom Rifles (MCR) built 223 Rem bolt gun.

Remington Stainless action and bolt from a 2008-2010 era Rem 5R (SS Prefix). A 20-moa Near Manufacturing Picatinny rail has been added.

Bolt has been flutted, Mini-M16 extractor installed, and bolt handle threaded with the Medium sized Campfire bolt knob installed. All done by Karl Kampfeld at Kampfeld Custom Rifles. The bolt was then beed-blasted, with the lug area parkerized by MCR.

Barrel is a Bartlein MTU contour, at 25", 5R 7.5-twist. Threaded 5/8-24 to allow more muzzle device options, will come with a thread protector.

The recoil lug is a Holland oversized stainless model.

Currently in a Magpul Pro 700 folding chassis with Magpul left side flush cup adapter (M-Loc), and Magpul Bipod rail (M-Loc) up front.

Complete barreled action has been beed blasted.

Shoots crazy accurate, as all MCR rifles do. I have shot 77-SMK's, 77-TMK's, and Berger 80.5 Fullbores with great success at distance. However, I could not get the 75-ELDM's to group consistently at 100-yards during load development, so I discounted them early on.

I have just over 400-rounds through it (415 if I recall?), and there is some case mouth rash on the side of the action. The Mini-M16 extractor works very well, and those who know, the stock Remington extractors are the weak link in the 223 and Magnum bolts.

I still have the original Remington barrel and recoil lug, 20" Rem Varmint Contour, 5R 9-twist. Has about 1K rounds through it. Still crazy accurate. Shot a 1/4" group at 200-yards using Factory Black Hills 69-SMK Red Box before it was pulled. I can include that for a very reasonable price with the package.

I'm no longer shooting PMS (PRS) matches, so I don't need a trainer rifle anymore. This would also make an excellent Coyote/Truck gun if you're into that.

For those unfamiliar with MCR, Jonathan Elrod builds very accurate rifles, and his attention to detail is one of the best out there. He is the Premier/Top gunsmith who does the Remington 40X 22LR repeater conversions for everyone.

SPF Barreled Action - $1600 plus shipping.

Complete Rifle with Magpul Chassis, and Huber 2-stage trigger - $2600 ($150 less without trigger) plus shipping.

Magpul Chassis not for sale separately at this time.

Cash, check, money order, or gold only. No PayPal, Venmo, Western Union, etc. available.

I can meet at a dealer in NW Colorado, or South Central Wyoming to make the transfer if that helps.

Scope, scope mount, bipod, and muzzle brake not included, nor available for sale.

Trades? Only trades I'd be interested in are;

S&B 3-20 PM-II (Not UltraShort) with either Tremor 2 or MSR reticle, must be CCW.

Leupold Mk4 60mm objective spotter with TMR reticle.

94-96 Toyota FZJ80 with less than 150K miles, no rust.

Early 90's MB G290 or G300 with manual transmission and under 100K miles, no rust.

Plywood, demensional lumber, 2x6 T&G, building supplies, etc, delivered to NW Colorado.

8x8 Milled Spruce logs for cabin delivered to NW Colorado.

IMG_20191101_105223338.jpg

Last edited: