• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories **Sold** HS Precision 5-R Gen 2 take off stock/trigger guard/ trigger

Paulie771

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2006
Middle Tennessee
***SOLD***

Purchased this rifle used here on the the Hide and am swapping the stock out to a chassis of some sort. Need to move this stuff to fund said chassis. It's the FDE/Khaki HS Precision Pro M24 for a Remington 700 short action along with the factory bottom metal/trigger guard and it's associated spring, box, and follower and the factory X-Mark Pro externally adjustable trigger.

Asking $300 $275 shipped for the stock.
Asking $125 $100 shipped for the bottom metal/spring/follower/box.
Asking $50 shipped for the trigger.
Will sell all items for $425 $350 shipped.

Payment via discrete PP F&F, discrete Venmo, or USPS MO. I have 130+ positive feedback on Arfcom and 330+ on Ebay under the same user name.

Q485pwx.jpg

gix3Pnw.jpg

kyJ8Ng2.jpg

k1Qgz6b.jpg

eULTTve.jpg

QsGB1mC.jpg

Last edited:
Why is it painted blue in the trigger area on the 3rd picture down? Was any aluminum or other material removed around the trigger, action area or other places? Thank you

I purchased the 5-R from another Hide member and asked the same questions when I took it off. He said he didn't have it bedded or remove any material from the stock at all. I haven't done anything to it personally. I've seen a couple of other take offs of this style and they had a similar blue on the inside. I don't know why.

Reactions: USNavy06
I purchased the 5-R from another Hide member and asked the same questions when I took it off. He said he didn't have it bedded or remove any material from the stock at all. I haven't done anything to it personally. I've seen a couple of other take offs of this style and they had a similar blue on the inside. I don't know why.
Wow, my 5R SS Gen 2 HS stock did not have any blue stuff.

Now, I did have an adjustable cheek piece installed in the stock and when it came back and before we put the barreled action back in, I had a gunsmith skim bed it. It REALLY tightened the gun up but I had no where near the wear area on the bedding block about the action screws that you did (I don't mean that its worn, I mean that my action was only making contact in a very small area).

Between the bedding and a Jewel trigger, I'm LOVING my 5R. Lucked out, I guess, and got a good barrel.

Best of luck and I'm personally quite happy with my HS stock for this gun.

Cheers

I think it’s the filler they use for places that had imperfections in the molding process. There a place under the bolt cutout where it looks like some didn’t adhere good and has flaked off. That’s too bad I really liked the look of the stock.

Just for my own information, I reached out to HS Precision with the pics and asked the below:
Hello,

I recently picked up a 5-R gen 2 and the stock has some sort of blue compound on the inside of the trigger well and mag area. It appears some of this stuff has chipped off. Can you tell me:

A) what is this blue compound?
B) is it detrimental to the stock for it to be flaking or chipping off?
C) if detrimental, how do I get it repaired?

Thanks!

To which a Kent Wince replied:
Paulie771,

The blue material is the dense polyurethane/carbon fiber foam that is the core of the stock. Any "missing/chipped" foam in the trigger/mag well area(s) is cosmetic in nature and will not affect the structural integrity of the stock. You are good to go.

Thank you and have a good day!

So there ya go in case any one ever sees another one for sale like this one.