• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rimfire SOLD JP supermatch 22LR upper

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA
SOLD! JP 18" 22 barrel, 1:16 twist light contour kit (bolt/charging handle/barrel)
JSE SBU Billet Upper without side charging handle - according to JSE at the time these were made for them by Mega
Midwest Industries MWI SSK one piece free float handguard, 15"

$500 shipped. Normally barrel itself is $525. CONUS insured, Paypal, Venmo, Zelle etc.

Upper was faced and barrel was thermal fit with loctite 620, so it might be work to get it back out. This is actually a spare, I ended up with two of them after I had a 224v barrel go bad JP could not fix so they offered me any replacement barrel. I originally bought the barrel looking for a really accurate AR 22 setup, but as I learned later JP uses a fairly loose chamber with a focus on 100% reliability, as such accuracy is not their main focus. I can say it has probably 500-750 rounds through it and has never had a jam/malfunction with any ammo. It has the updated bolt design that was lightened to run better with subsonics.

I used the setup with Black Dog mags, and will include a 10rd, JP now offers a mag catch to get last round bolt hold open with S&W mags as well. The Black Dog mags the follower acts as the bolt stop when the mag is empty.

JP's own instructions on the barrel state: "From most high‐velocity ammunition, you can expect 2‐3 MOA and 1.5‐2 MOA out of less expensive target‐ or match‐grade loads at 50 yards. However, the higher quality match loads may deliver MOA performance at 50 yards." I'd say this has been my experience with both I've owned, mid grade match ammo yields about 1" groups at 50yds. However I have not ran any of the top match ammo through it like Center-x, Tenex etc. It seems to like SK pistol/SK long range from what I've tested. JP mentioned they tend to get the best performance/test with Eley Match/Tenex. Barrel chamber face has some discoloration/almost pitting you can see in the pics. I asked JP about this as both barrels did this in the first couple range trips they said it's nothing to worry about, and is a result of the rimfire bolt not sitting flush on the barrel chamber face (I guess the cartridge rim thickness actually sets headspace) which makes sense I've seen the same thing in 10/22's. Bolt face looks pristine.

IMG_4299.jpeg
IMG_4300.jpeg
IMG_4303.jpegIMG_4306.jpegIMG_4308.jpeg

Last edited:
As far as I know it should work on any standard AR15 lower.