• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment SOLD PF*PRICE DROP* 2X 100 virgin Lapua 338 LM bbr16 BRASS

aljones_315

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
New Mexico
2x 100ct boxes lapua 338 LM BRASS bbr 16 head stamp VIRGIN NEW NEVER LOADED packed in midway usa box asking $150 / ea box shipped conus BEST REASONABLE OFFER

willing to trade for lapua 6br brass 110g 6mm smk
Lapua .223 brass 69g 224 smk 73g hornady eld m 75g eld m in .224 dia or 6.5mm hornady 140g eld m projos also willing to trade for varget , imr xbr 8208, or h4350 may consider other trades but this list is what im currently needing thanks.

Last edited:
will also trade both boxes for a bbl blank 224 in 7 or 8 twist 6mm in 7 or 8 twist or 6.5 in 8 twist the heavier the better thanks

will also trade both boxes for a bbl blank 224 in 7 or 8 twist 6mm in 7 or 8 twist or 6.5 in 8 twist the heavier the better thanks
I have a 6.5 Schneider blank I'll have to check the contour I believe it's either a medium Palma or heavy Palma

Reactions: aljones_315
I paid for this brass, it was delivered to me promptly, the problem is it is the BBR 16 338 LM brass, not Lapua brass as advertised.

I contacted seller, ask for my money back, due to the product being advertised as Lapua & it isn’t.

I was informed it was made by Lapua, but if I wasn’t satisfied, send it back, once received, I’d get my money returned.

Sent it back, got my refund promptly.

Last edited:
I don’t want to create or get in the middle of a pissing match but I’ll give you the facts.

This brass is indeed Lapua brand brass. It came off the same line as the blue box Lapua that you get anywhere else and is created to the same specs and tolerances. It was made for Barnes and has a different headstamp. That’s the only difference.

Were I selling it, I would disclose that it has the different headstamp, but nothing in the original ad here was false or lying.

Midway sold the brass at a steep discount as compared to blue box lapua because they snagged the huge lot on an overrun. Even as such, their price on it was all over the board and some days it was drastically different from the previous day. You saw someone selling it who listed it extremely cheaply to get it moved quickly—even if you paid the asking price of $195/box, you still saved about $120 overall.

I see both sides of the story—you feel you were misled. I would urge you to look at the fact that you’ve only seen one or two batches of the differently-headstamped brass go cheaply. As it’s still the same exact product, it still carries most of the $260/100 value of the blue box.

Bravo to the seller for offering you your money back. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for him to wait until he receives the brass back to refund you. Most vendors wouldn’t refund you until they receive your RMA anyway.

Having said that, IMO you should just keep them and use them. They will serve you well!

I don’t want to create or get in the middle of a pissing match but I’ll give you the facts.

This brass is indeed Lapua brand brass. It came off the same line as the blue box Lapua that you get anywhere else and is created to the same specs and tolerances. It was made for Barnes and has a different headstamp. That’s the only difference.

Were I selling it, I would disclose that it has the different headstamp, but nothing in the original ad here was false or lying.

Midway sold the brass at a steep discount as compared to blue box lapua because they snagged the huge lot on an overrun. Even as such, their price on it was all over the board and some days it was drastically different from the previous day. You saw someone selling it who listed it extremely cheaply to get it moved quickly—even if you paid the asking price of $195/box, you still saved about $120 overall.

I see both sides of the story—you feel you were misled. I would urge you to look at the fact that you’ve only seen one or two batches of the differently-headstamped brass go cheaply. As it’s still the same exact product, it still carries most of the $260/100 value of the blue box.

Bravo to the seller for offering you your money back. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for him to wait until he receives the brass back to refund you. Most vendors wouldn’t refund you until they receive your RMA anyway.

Having said that, IMO you should just keep them and use them. They will serve you well!

I could have bought it from the other listing for 1/2 that if I wanted it. I feel it should have been posted in the listing, if it had been, I wouldn’t have bought it.

I’m sending it back tomorrow, I'll get my refund per PM.

I do appreciate your statement on the matter.

Hopefully we get it resolved. It’s resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: aauya
title and post content updated as specificly as i can be this is lapua brass made for barnes ballistic research head stamped bbr16 sold and marketed by midway as high quality lapua brass at a steeply discounted price. as ive stated before i no longer own a 338 lm and no longer have a use for this brass. hopefully someone can make good use of it thanks.

Need any 6.5 creedmoor brass? I have 224v brass, I have h4350 but you probably don’t live in norCal. I have some rcbs 224v dies. A vortex 30mm scope mount. A rcbs non electronic scale and powder despensor.