• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD **SOLD, SHIPPED, RECEIVED**: LNIB TA11 with Fresh Tritium & Fiber Optics!

Aries64

Deep Behind Enemy Lines in IsWokestan!
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fellow Sniper’s Hide Members -

I just received this TA11 back from Trijicon yesterday (Friday, 3/6). I'm the original owner of this low serial number TA11, which I bought new back in 1995. It was mounted in the carry handle of a safe queen Bushmaster 16” Shorty until 2009 when I sold the Upper and moved it over to another AR, which also sat in the safe until two weeks ago. Over the years the tritium illumination had dimmed so I sent the TA11 to Trijicon for them to replace the (tritium) illumination element and fiber optic cover (tubing). Per Trijicon, in addition to replacement of the tritium and the fiber optic cover all new internal components were installed including a new prism, new adjusters, and new adjuster housings. Of course, a cleaning was performed and the adjustments centered.

Being an older ACOG this TA11 has the Bible scripture reference “MT5:16” (Matthew 5:16) embossed to the right of “ACOG 3.5X35” on the RH side above the machined Base. It originally came with low profile adjustment caps for it's Internal 1/4 MOA Adjustments, but Trijicon replaced those caps with the low profile Lanyard version (for use with 1/4 MOA Internal adjustments). Note that the Lanyard is missing: Trijicon removed the Lanyard because my TA11's Ocular Housing isn't notched on the Ocular Housing to capture the Lanyard under a screw as on newer/current 4x32 & 3.5x35 ACOG Housings. The new adjustment caps are darker in color than the Body.

The new tritium glows nice & bright in a darkened room, and the new fiber optic tubing transfers even more light than the older, original type fiber optic tubing Trijicon used to use (those of you who’ve used a TA11 know that the Red Donut is eyeball-toasting in bright sunlight). There are no chips, scuffs, scrapes, or scratches anywhere on the Lenses or Body, and with the exception of the new (black) adjustment caps the anodizing is the same uniform, very dark smoky grey it was the day I bought it. It truly is “like new” in appearance and function. I'm only selling my TA11 to standardize my AR optics with units calibrated for M855 and similar 62gr. projectiles. (Yes, I know that BDCs' only get you "close" within a specific set of variables).

NOTES ABOUT THE RETICLE: Some important distinctions between older and newer/current ACOGs’ with Dual Illumination is that on older "vintage" TA31s' & TA11s' like mine: (a) THE FIBER OPTIC ELEMENT ONLY ILLUMINATED THE CENTER OF THE RETICLE. (IN A DONUT RETICLE, ONLY THE DONUT OF THE RETICLE ILLUMINATED, (b) THERE IS NO VERTICAL STADIA LINE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM OF THE DONUT AND THE 400 [METER] HORIZONTAL, and (c) THERE IS NO NUMBER "4" (TO MARK THE 400 [METER] LINE). THE STADIA LINE WAS ALL BLACK.

IN NEWER/CURRENT PRODUCTION TA31s' & TA11s' WITH A DONUT, (a) THE DONUT ILLUMINATES, (b) THERE IS A VERTICLE STADIA BELOW THE BOTTOM OF THE DONUT THAT ILLUMINATES DOWN TO ABOUT "500" (Meters). IT'S A DARKER SHADE THAN THE FIBER OPTIC’S COLOR, BUT IT ILLUMINATES, and (c) THERE IS A NUMBER "4" MARKING THE 400 (METER) LINE WHICH ALSO ILLUMINATES. I believe the additional illumination is due to the more efficient fiber optic element transferring more light, thus lighting up the etched reticle slightly more.

AFTER TRIJICON CHANGED THE FIBER OPTIC ELEMENT IN MY TA11, THE STADIA NOW ILLUMINATE DOWN TO 500 [METERS], INCLUDING THE HORIZONTAL AT 500 [METERS]. MY LAST PHOTO IS A COMPOSITE OF THE ACOG 3.5X35 TARGET REFERENCE SYSTEM PAGE & A MOCK-UP OF WHAT MY TA11’S RETICLE LOOKS LIKE. NOTE THAT THERE IS NO VERTICLE STADIA LINE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM OF THE DONUT, THAT THERE IS NO "4" MARKING 400 METERS, AND THAT THE STADIA ILLUMINATES (RED) DOWN TO AND INCLUDING THE HORIZONTAL STADIA LINE THAT DENOTES THE 500 METER MARK.

ALSO, PLEASE NOTE THAT MY CRAPPY CELL PHONE PHOTOS DO NOT DO THE SCOPE JUSTICE, AND FURTHER THAT THE PHOTOS DO NOT ACCURATELY REFLECT THE IMAGE QUALITY AS SEEN THROUGH THE SCOPE!

The TA11 will come in it's original heavy-duty case with original documentation & accessories (ACOG 3.5x35 Owner’s Manual and Warranty Card, and the Screw, Lock Washer, and Special Cupped Washer to attach the ACOG to the M16/M4 Carry Handle). The 3.5x35 ACOG bikini lens cover is brand new (I still had the original and it still worked, but it was a little stretched-out and Trijicon replaced it). The Case & Warranty Card are serialized to the ACOG, and while I left the Warranty Card blank I did register the TA11 online for Warranty purposes.

And not that it matters since no one carries the case with them after the optic is mounted, but the Case is a much higher quality, heavier-duty type than what ACOGs’ have been packaged in for 15 years plus.

As can be seen in my photos, my TA11 doesn’t have mounting bosses for attaching an RMR Mounting Bracket. For attachment of an RMR a Trijicon RM38 or similar mount is required to attach an RMR (This goes for all ACOG 4x32s’ and 3.5x35s’ without bosses).

**SOLD, SHIPPED, RECEIVED**
$725.00 Shipped & Insured Priority Mail paid with a Postal Money Order or PayPal F & F. Add $50.00 for a ADM AD-B3 QD Mount with Standard Lever. Cross-listed, so first-come, first-served. See photos below, and thanks for looking!

LNIB TA11 complete with original documentation & new bikini cover:

Original HD Case serialized to the ACOG:

TA11 with Screw, Lock Washer, & Special Cupped Washer for installation in M16/M4 Carry Handle:

The Objective & Ocular Lenses are beautiful and scratch-free:

Note that these through-the-scope photos are just to show the reticle AND ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE IMAGE QUALITY OF THE SCOPE!:

Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Owner's Manual TRS on LEFT + Closeup of what my TA11's reticle looks like illuminated on RIGHT:

Aries64's TA11 TRS & Reticle Detail 10x7.jpg

Keith

Last edited:
Thanks Centuriator.

Bump for a LNIB TA11 with factory-fresh tritium & fiber optic illumination! $725.00 SHIPPED & FULLY-INSURED PRIORITY MAIL, OR

$775.00 SHIPPED & FULLY-INSURED PRIORITY MAIL WITH NEW ADM AD-B3 QD MOUNT WITH STANDARD QD LEVER!

ADM AD-B3 ACOG QD Mount with Standard QD Lever:

Aries64's ADM AD-B3 ACOG Mount 10x7.jpg

Last edited:
Bump! I shot a better photo of the Ocular Lens after I cleaned it, but I'm having trouble with the new Photobucket interface. Interested parties please feel free to PM me and I'll text you new photos of the Ocular and a composite of the Owner's Manual TRS page and Close-up of what the reticle looks like. Photobucket - if you're reading this, the new interface SUCKS!!!).

Keith

Last edited: