• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD SOLD - SJA Bartlein Bighorn Manners 7mm SAUM Crossover Rifle with Ammo!

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    Straight Jacket Armory smithed this barrel I had specially made by Bartlein to shoot the heavy 7mm pills. This is the Bighorn TL-2 action built by AJ Goddard when they were still built in Brighton, CO which is stamped on the side of the action. This has been my main Elk and long range (steel) rig. I love this rifle and am selling only because we are moving to a state that doesn't offer very many long distance opportunities. Rifle weighs 7lb 8oz empty. Excellent condition with minor wear, Bartlein and Straight Jacket Armory should make for a potent combination on the accuracy front.

Here's what you get:
    • Bighorn TL-2 RH short action with magnum bolt face (0.535”) and Rem 1-1/16 - 16 TPI thread, custom chambered to accept 180 Hybrids and 175 ELD-X between 2.945 - 2.955 (I do not remember the freebore)
    • Bighorn 20 MOA Picatinny rail
    • Surgeon SA bottom metal for AICS
    • Alpha 300WSM magazine - holds 7 SAUM/WSM cartridges
    • Timney trigger set at 2.5 lb
    • Manners MCS-EH1 Carbon Fiber stock with Elite GAP finish
    • Straight Jacket Armory Bartlein Carbon Fiber (Green) 7mm SAUM 1:9-1:8.25 Gain LH Twist .185FB? 24” #4
    • Seekins Precision IRAS M-LOK Plate (this was a custom one time deal from Manners)
    • Magpul 5-slot picatinny rail (for bipod)
    • MDT 3.3” Arca Swiss M-LOK bottom plate (this is optional but great if you're going to shoot from a tripod)
    • Triad Tactical Stock Pack (Optional)
    • TBAC Brake (Optional)
    • 100 rounds McCourt Munitions Custom 7mm SAUM loads with Norma 2x and 3x brass, 210M primers, H1000 and Hornady 175 ELD-X bullets, I don't need to tell you how insane it is to find good ammo let alone good brass and the crazy prices.

Asking $3750 for rifle with ammo but without optional accessories (below)
    $45 for Triad Tactical stock pack
    $45 for MDT Arca dovetail (tripod) plate
    $125 for TBAC CB Brake (only sold with rifle)
    $300 Prefit for Bighorn TL-2 (1-1/16 - 16 TPI) Mark Chanlynn*
    26” Medium Palma custom contour barrel with fluting, 1:9 twist (about 750 rounds so still has good life left)

$4225 for rifle with all optional accessories and ammo listed above

I do have some reloading parts (brass and bullets) I may be willing to part with, if you have interest PM me.

* Many of you have probably not heard of Mark Chanylnn so let me give you a quick edumacation, Mark is a benchrest gunsmith who trained under the legendary "Boots" Obermeyer and is a master barrel maker mostly known in the benchrest community. Mark is also the co-designer of the now famous Bighorn action, he and AJ Goddard got together to build what would become one of the best custom actions in the industry.

Price includes ground shipping, if you'd like UPS 2-day then you pay extra for the difference. I will only ship the rifle to an FFL (from individual) so you will need to send me a copy of your FFL dealers certificate with shipping address. The ammo I need to ship separately and can ship that directly to your address, ground only on ammo.

No trades (unless you have a like new PVS-14 with 2300+ FOM and WP), PM with questions. PayPal is picky with gun related stuff, so PayPal Friends and Family with no description only. Money Order.

Tripod and leveling base, etc. not included

20210722_Bighorn_SJA_Bartlein_7SAUM_005.jpg

20210722_Bighorn_SJA_Bartlein_7SAUM_006.jpg

Bolt has slight wear marks
    20210722_Bighorn_SJA_Bartlein_7SAUM_004.jpg

Picatinny rail has wear marks
    20210722_Bighorn_SJA_Bartlein_7SAUM_003.jpg

20210722_Bighorn_SJA_Bartlein_7SAUM_002.jpg

20210722_Bighorn_SJA_Bartlein_7SAUM_001.jpg

20190923_Seekins_IRAS_MLOK_001.jpg

2021-07-22 19.12.08.jpg

Nice clean chamber - never been shot, it's like getting a brand new rifle without the full custom rifle price ;)
    2021-07-22 19.12.23.jpg

Barrel blank before Straight Jacket performed their magic
    2020-11-23 13.04.54.jpg

Here's a pic with the Chanlynn 26" barrel
    20210127_Chanlynn_Bighorn_Manners_7SAUM_ 012.jpg

Last edited:
    Here’s some groups at 100 and 300 when doing LD with the Chanlynn 26" barrel, the Bartlein is brand new and never been shot

99802A10-EDC5-4FB8-8A95-71E628EAE56F.jpeg
    E8709F29-F505-4D30-9A75-72400B5247E6.jpeg
    10FC5B6E-7FA1-4480-ADEE-241E2B390004.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Krob95
    Last bump, if no takers this weekend I think I will just keep it and spin up my Bartlein CF barrel for it, so if anyone would like a TL2 Prefit (26" 1:9 Chanlynn barrel) in 7 SAUM that's been a hammer I would be willing to just sell the barrel and ammo.

Beautiful rifle Bill
    Thank you 7WSM. I've debated whether to keep it or sell it, I won't find another with the IRAS MLOK plate, so if it doesn't sell then I guess I have my answer ;) I may decide to sign up for the Nightforce ELR challenge this year and would use this rifle but maybe leave everything as is until after that event.

It's been a few months and I've made some changes, in hindsight probably should have kept things as is but I had plans for a shoot that I never did and now it's close to my move out of state and just don't see much of an opportunity to use this rifle. So it's back on the market with a brand new barrel. Let me know if you have interest, thank you.