• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms *SOLD* Surgeon 1581XL .338 Lapua build *price drop*

SuperBoot

Senior Lance
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2017
Denver, CO
Up for sale is a Surgeon 1581XL build, currently chambered in .338 Lapua. I originally planned to use this as a platform to build a .300 Norma on, but have decided to just sell a couple guns and consolidate into an AXMC instead.

$3000 *SOLD* $2800 *SOLD* for the rifle as pictured

-Rifle is built around a Surgeon 1581XL action (Cerakoted Tan).
-McMillan A5 stock, bedded and inletted specifically for the 1581
-Surgeon XL bottom metal w/ one .338 CIP magazine
-Unknown/unmarked single stage 700 pattern trigger, roughly 3lb break.
-Fluted factory Surgeon 27" barrel (most likely Krieger), roughly 150rds on it from prev. owner, I have not shot any through it. Minor finish wear on the flutes as seen in pictures below.
-APA Fat Bastard Brake

There is a small chip in the stock right next to the bolt handle inlet that you can see in the pictures below.

I have not personally shot this rifle as it sits (with the .338 barrel), though I did get it checked out by a smith and received a clean bill of health. Headspace was perfect, barrel was inspected and matched the shown round count.

PP F+F/Venmo preferred for payment, or face to face at an FFL here in Colorado. Buyer will need to provide FFL info prior to shipping as usual.

Please let me know if you'd like more pictures.

image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegIMG_1104.JPGIMG_1107.JPG

Last edited:
Revamped the ad to detail the .338 barrel that is now on the gun and adjusted the price to reflect.
Up top.