• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories SOLD! Tikka Carbon Six 280 Ackley Improved Pre-Fit

verdugo60

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 6, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I was planning to build a do-all long range hunter with this but plans change with kids, lol. Would also be sweet for comps like the Satterlee Nightforce ELR or Precision Hunter series. 700 Rem Mag performance with less recoil and no annoying belt. Hornady is now making 280 AI brass and factory ammo, it’s one of the most under rated cartridges out there.

SOLD , brand new in box. Threaded 5/8-24.

Carbon Fiber pre-fit in Sendero profile.

Trades would only be Proof or Carbon Six blanks or Bighorn pre-fits.
    0A819955-6A05-4D52-978A-AAC615C257B0.jpeg
    8FBDE68A-B099-4683-BEF6-27FBD631F93C.jpeg

Last edited:
    Bump. Surprised this is still here, maybe I’ll just keep it and build a sweet medium 7mm for the wife. (Ok, for me).

Interesting. I have a 6.5CM Tikka. Wonder how easily it could be refitted to a 280AI if at all. Wife said no more spending on guns though :(

I’m not sure, may be worth asking a smith because all Tikka actions are technically long actions and I think you can buy the bolt stop to convert it to a long action. Not sure how head-spacing would work either.

Interesting. I have a 6.5CM Tikka. Wonder how easily it could be refitted to a 280AI if at all. Wife said no more spending on guns though :(

6.5 Creedmoor and 280 AI use the same boltface. Tikkas have a single action length. You could easily have a gunsmith screw off the barrel from your T3 Creedmoor and install the 280 AI prefit. You would just need a chassis or stock with a T3 inlet and setup for standard (not short action) cartridge magazines. It'll headspace fine. That's why you have a gunsmith screw the barrel in and not do it yourself.

I had a local gunsmith here in Albuquerque swap barrels on a Tikka for me a few months ago. It cost $175 and took a month to get rotated into his schedule.

FYI, don't post the wife excuse. Makes it look like you're short on nuts. Take charge.

/David

Price drop, $650 shipped. Let’s get this moved. Torque it onto a long actionTikka(30/06,270Win bolt face) and put it in your favorite stock/chassis and go to work!

6.5 Creedmoor and 280 AI use the same boltface. Tikkas have a single action length. You could easily have a gunsmith screw off the barrel from your T3 Creedmoor and install the 280 AI prefit. You would just need a chassis or stock with a T3 inlet and setup for standard (not short action) cartridge magazines. It'll headspace fine. That's why you have a gunsmith screw the barrel in and not do it yourself.

I had a local gunsmith here in Albuquerque swap barrels on a Tikka for me a few months ago. It cost $175 and took a month to get rotated into his schedule.

FYI, don't post the wife excuse. Makes it look like you're short on nuts. Take charge.

/David

You may have to take a couple thou off the bf depending on headspace. I've done this on a few prefits that didnt headspace properly

Kasey

Reactions: nmmi9100
    Might be interested in this going to call a gunsmith tomorrow and see what it would cost my tikka is a 243 also would have to come up with a stock. I'll let you know!!

Reactions: verdugo60
    If you’re considering this let’s do it quick and exchange phone numbers, PX might shut down tomorrow! (Obviously didn’t happen).

Last edited:
    Somebody wants a sweet hunting build...in a caliber you can still find ammo for! It’s like the 357 sig of rifle rounds but puts the thump on big game without the recoil. Haha.

Last edited:
    Man I'd be all over this if it was a littler shorter. GLWS!

I hear ya, I went a bit longer to take advantage of the awesomeness of this mild 7mm caliber. The length doesn’t add much weight with carbon’s and this is a true ELR capable barrel.