• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Timetoshoot

Bullet driver
Minuteman
May 7, 2013
Carbondale
V3 trickler and RCBS powder throw. Scale not included
69D3D2D0-CEB8-4D13-82D5-77803138EC54.jpeg

Last edited:
Public “I’ll take it” usually beats pms. Demanding to see a screenshot is a bit much. Keep your bets open for another one when it pops up.
let’s see a simple screen shot and if I was second I loose no big deal. If I was first he can be bad seller and I still don’t get the trickler, it’s very simple to post a screen shot. Other trickles will come around but honesty is hard to come by.

It's over. You didn't get it. Move along.

Per site rules:
Members are allowed to decline a transaction without penalty. No reason is required for refusal of payment. If the parties involved cannot agree on the terms of purchase, or the sale seems suspicious, there is no requirement to complete the transaction.

I understand emotions run high when trying to snag what seems like a great deal.

I received three offers essentially at the same time. One of the members offered full price and posted here that he would take it.

The other offers were less than full price.

I took the first full price offer. You’re correct that I did not respond to your offer immediately as I was also juggling activities at home and multiple listings at the same time.

I know I have skin in this game.
But I’ve also been a member here for over a decade and have been involved in at least $100k in sales and purchases.

In my experience, a public I’ll take it at full price will always trump someone negotiating with anyone in a private message.
At the end of the day it’s the sellers decision who they sell to.
$220 was a good deal to begin with. Trying to negotiate below that left the seconds on the table it took for me to post I’ll take it.
Attempting to demand a screenshot of his PM is just bad form.

I know I have skin in this game.
But I’ve also been a member here for over a decade and have been involved in at least $100k in sales and purchases.

In my experience, a public I’ll take it at full price will always trump someone negotiating with anyone in a private message.
At the end of the day it’s the sellers decision who they sell to.
$220 was a good deal to begin with. Trying to negotiate below that left the seconds on the table it took for me to post I’ll take it.
Attempting to demand a screenshot of his PM is just bad form.
Pretty simple;

"you" offer less than asking price ("you" want to negotiate).

"someone else" say's "I'll take it at asking price". (Pretty much a done deal at that point, except for the seller receiving payment and shipping the goods).

Guess who wins ? This isn't rocket surgery :rolleyes:

i’ve also been here for a very long time with many high dollar transactions. I have lost items because I did a public I’ll take it and someone’s p.m. time stamp was sooner. Timestamp trumps all, My timestamp was second. I lost this deal, and that’s OK.

I will never offer what someone has asked. There are plenty of industry workers that get free items and try to flip them on this forum in particular for a huge profit. Whoever’s timestamp was first should have an opportunity to make a deal. He says no I have a full price offer but you were here first so you should get a chance. That is how I do business and how others have done business on here. All I wanted was honesty

Understood.
I’ve won and lost bids both through private message or posting in the thread.

It seems there are lots of people on here who believe that either private message or posting in the thread trumps the other.

The only time it’s clear is when the seller posts which one takes priority.

I guess moving forward I’ll make it clear in my posting which one I take preference to. Without that clarity it’s open to interpretation

Reactions: Cajun Blake