• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solids and monolithic worth it?

brianf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
I’ve clicked around the net
I’ve clicked around the hide

does anyone actually shoot monos and have real data backed up by pictures.

Pva, cutting edge, flatlines, badlands...

not Barnes
Not Hornady
Not I shot a elk at 650 and it didn’t take a step

true long range high bc match projectiles

I know they need a faster twist
I know they aren’t 1/4 moa because f-class doesn’t use them.

looking for:

100 yard groups so I know what is acceptable before shooting farther, with a pic or two for verification.

more than one group at 800-1200 yards, with a pic.

A few rounds at 2000 while cool are not really useful. there are so many influences at that distance it’s not a great indicator of what they are really capable of accuracy /group wise.

not really interested in transition to subsonic, if I’m shooting the last 5% of the cartridge I personally jump to the next cartridge so I’m back in the “sweet” spot.

just real velocity and real experience so I can verify BC and have a true comparison to cup core/Berger’s.

Thanks

serious inquiries only lol

Reactions: Jonny_
Here's 3 at 300yrds with Warner flatlines
Won a few local matches with them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-115655_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-115655_Samsung Internet.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 51
Here's 3 at 300yrds with Warner flatlines
Won a few local matches with them
Thanks...was getting worried no one was going to reply. Lol

whats a decent group at 100 .5 moa?

have you seen a real difference at “1000” yards in group size or just more consistent in bad condition because of the BC?

as far as velocity compared to a cup core of same weight...more or Less?

thanks

Thanks...was getting worried no one was going to reply. Lol

whats a decent group at 100 .5 moa?

have you seen a real difference at “1000” yards in group size or just more consistent in bad condition because of the BC?

as far as velocity compared to a cup core of same weight...more or Less?

thanks
I've been able to get the 256 flatlines into one hole .
Not sure of what a group looks at 1k, once I get the load and ES i go straight to 2000yrds

Reactions: Geno C. and brianf
I shoot 6.5 125gr Badlands Presision bullets out of my Savage 260 Rem stainless . 22" bbl, 1/8 twist. Rem brass , CCI #250 mag primers, 47.5 grs Rel 26, 3032fps. Bullets seated about .050 off. Sorry no pictures, but this Savage shoots these bullets into tiny groups. They also kill elk with no problem. Just ordered 200 more of them if that tells you how I feel about them. I'm not a long range shooter. Here where I live ( lots of trees ) a 200yd shot is a long shot. Most shots under 100yds. I'm mainly a meat hunter & I'm upset with the way C&C bullets, even bonded styles ruin meat by being blood shot. With the mono's you can eat right up to the hole.

Reactions: brianf and BCX
I just started shooting badlands solids
The BC on the 285 is pretty amazing and so far I can’t say accuracy is a problem.

Flatlines usually run at a much higher velocity due to the shorter bearing surface. Just returned from some Warner Flatline 256 testing at 1K.....Ran them 3285-3350 FPS! F$$cking lasers. Best shooting bullet i have used in my 338 LMAI. Need to get them out to a mile next.

4.1-4.4 mil up from a 100 yard zero @ 1K depending on charge weight.

Reactions: Krob95 and lash
Flatlines usually run at a much higher velocity due to the shorter bearing surface. Just returned from some Warner Flatline 256 testing at 1K.....Ran them 3285-3350 FPS! F$$cking lasers. Best shooting bullet i have used in my 338 LMAI. Need to get them out to a mile next.
What powder and charge weight?

I will try the Warner Flatline 285 and Badlands 285 in my GT 1-9----1-8 next year.

Great info guys,

anyone try the 30 cal offerings in a wsm, wm, Norma etc

also have you guys seen a general % increase (apparently flatlines run faster as explained above) in velocity compared to cup sore of the same weight class?

thanks.

My 338 consistently is in the 1/3moa range at 1000 with 285 and 265 badlands. I ran the 285s at 3340fps with a 1.04g1 to line up with my impacts.
To say they can’t shoot small because they aren’t used in br is false.
I was running 350gr badlands in my 375 that my wife now shoots and have shot plenty of 10” groups at a mile with that one. I printed 3 shots into 8” at 2900 in competition with it. It was running 3172fps. .940g1 on that one.
9E773EB1-F26C-482F-9D51-C1FE69099F88.jpeg
these are 2 5 shot groups at 500 yards during load dev. Don’t have any other pictures I can find. Don’t mind the little holes. That was my son shooting

Last edited:
Geno, what twist are you running in the 338?

I bought 150 of those cutting edge bullets and while they are real pretty , out of 50 I tried to load not a one of them was I able to keep that band they have above the brass for the cost and hassle I'll stick to dumb lead and copper bullets while I can still get 500 of them a pop compaired to 50 of the solid coppers at double the price .

I bought 150 of those cutting edge bullets and while they are real pretty , out of 50 I tried to load not a one of them was I able to keep that band they have above the brass for the cost and hassle I'll stick to dumb lead and copper bullets while I can still get 500 of them a pop compaired to 50 of the solid coppers at double the price .
Why couldn’t you seat the band at the case mount?